Final

Is That Your Heart Calling?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Jackson Wang, for goodness’ sake, please keep quiet? I’m trying to do my work here.” Jaebum frowns at the giddy twenty year old who’s sighing quite dramatically on the grass with his eyes closed. The crowds are busy with their own thing. It’s a perfectly normal scene for a university, really.

“But Jaebummie, I swear he’s the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen.” Jackson whines, holding out a printed picture of his new found center of attraction.

“How about do your job properly for once, yeah? We need pictures for the campus paper not for your fapping sessions at night.” Jaebum replies as he types away a new article.

“Whatever. You know what? I’m going. It was not nice talking to you. At all.” Jackson huffs as he grabbed his things and stomped away pretending not to hear Jaebum’s ‘finally some peace and quiet’.

~

It’s been a week since Jackson first saw that ethereal human being in front of him. That face hasn’t even left his mind for longer than a minute. And to be honest, that’s the only thing in his mind right now that keeps him from sleeping in his Economics class.

But with every effort Jackson can muster in thinking about that boy, the droopy voice of his professor did not help, in any way, in making the subject worth staying awake for so he drops his head on the desk and closed his eyes. He basically tuned out everything like the reasons why microeconomics is important and the sound of late students coming in.

After a few minutes, Jackson’s dreamland was destroyed by the evil Im Jaebum in front of him who smacked his head with his notes while the teacher is writing something on the board. Jackson glares at his best friend but tried to stay awake, anyways.

~

One thing to know about Mark Tuan is that he is always early but that changed when he became roommates with Choi Youngjae who’s too clumsy to be considered as normal. Today is no different. Choi Youngjae decided to set their breakfast on fire (and it was instant noodles, don’t even ask how he managed to do that). Mark wants to get mad but really, no one can get mad at Youngjae. That’s like kicking a puppy.

The two rushed to their respective classes and Mark’s a little worried because Youngjae’s class is located at the fourth floor of the Music building and Youngjae really loves accidents.

However, that worry seems to transfer to himself when he stood in front of the door leading to his class. He’s not exactly the ‘play it cool’ guy and he’s embarrassed half of the time so he fidgets a little bit before opening the door and walking inside. Luckily, the professor did not pay attention to the late comers for it was normal. Mark frowns because his usual seat at the back was taken and the only seat available is beside Jackson Wang. Which is not a problem at all except that he’s completely in love with the said boy.

He carefully sat and placed his things neatly on his desk while denying that his palms are sweating like crazy and that his heart might explode any minute. Jackson’s sleeping and Mark can’t help but think that he will wake the boy up with so much as a squeak. Suddenly, the guy who’s always (And no, Mark is definitely not jealous. Not at all. Except that he sends glares at the guy every now and then…) with Jackson turns around and hits him on the head to wake him up. Mark was startled and his heart came flying out of his chest because holy what to do he’s wake now oh my god what to do what to do what to do?

Jackson did not notice him anyway so it’s a bit fine, or not. Until a few minutes later, Jackson practically lays his head on Mark’s shoulder and he’s snoring. Mark thinks of the things he can do: a.) wake up the guy because it’s uncomfortable as hell or b.) he can let Jackson stay just like that despite the consequences of it later because he looks so good in that angle in Mark’s opinion.

Of course, he chose the latter.

~

Jackson woke up just in time to hear the professor tell them about the readings. He can sense that something is off. That might be the fact that he's leaning against someone that he doesn't know. Jaebum's head is in front of him so yes, a stranger. He carefully sits up straight and turns to face the guy.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry... . Did I drool? Oh god this is so embarrassing." Jackson stutters as he realized what he had done. The most beautiful guy he has seen in the face of the earth is staring back at him with flushed cheeks and holy if that isn't attractive Jackson doesn't know what else is.

"It's okay." the guy replied and that voice is so cute.

"I'm Jackson Wang, by the way. Please don't tell your friends I'm the uncool drooling guy in your Economics class." Jackson says, offering an apologetic smile.

"I won't. I'm Mark Tuan."

"Hi Mark. Let's be friends!"

~

 

Mark entered their dorm room with a permanent smile on his face and Youngjae looks at him weirdly.

"Hyung, what happened to you?' Youngjae asks, eyeing his hyung's face suspiciously.

"Nothing much." Mark replies with a happy sigh.

"It's Jackson Wang, isn't it?" Youngjae asks excitedly, completely forgetting his English paper. He quickly sat up from his comfortable work position to face Mark.

"Maybe?" Mark shrugged and sat on the edge of his bed.

"Ohhh~ Tell me all about it, then." Youngjae says with a wide grin.

"How about you finish your paper first? I don't need you being an about not finishing that later when it's completely your fault." Mark tells the younger.

"Only if you help me." Youngjae squints his eyes. "AND you still need to tell me everything about your escapades with Jackson Wang."

"Fine."

~

"Markiepoo~" Jackson greets Mark as he enters their Economics classroom. Jaebum follows with a salute. Mark doesn't know if actually becoming friends with his long-time crush was a good idea or not. For the past months, Jackson's been torturing him with those friendly touches, voice calling out his name and don't even start with those puppy dog eyes.

"Hey Jackson, Jaebum." Mark greets back with his shy smile.  "You're early today."

"Our Chem prof was a no-show so here we are without our drained minds. Oh how great this feeling is." Jaebum explains with a chuckle.

"At least Jackson won't randomly drool on someone while sleeping again." Mark jokes and Jackson pouts at him.

"Hey! That hurts." Jackson says, clutching his chest. "Fine, be that way. I won't ever sleep on your shoulder again. It's not even that comfortable to sleep on."

"Stop being dramatic." Mark replies, rolling his eyes.

"How can he break a heart like this?" Jackson turns to Jaebum.

"I don't know. You are really dramatic." Jaebum says and Mark snorts.

"I hate you all. And here I thought I have decent friends. Oh how wrong was I. At least Yugyeomie and Bambam are nice." Jackson tells them sulkily, sinking on his chair with a huff.

(Mark doesn't say anything when he felt Jackson's head lay down on his shoulders a few minutes after the class started)

(Jackson smiles)

(Mark did not notice this but he has his own smile anyways)

~

“Hey.” Jackson looks up from his camera and turns towards Mark’s voice.

“Hey.” Jackson replies with a smile.

“What are you doing?” Mark asks, stepping closer.

“Oh, just some stuff for the campus paper.” Jackson shrugs, offering the camera to Mark who accepts it gladly.

“Wow, these pictures are good.” Mark compliments and Jackson might have turned way a bit because he’s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter