1/1

Girls Like Girls

Yoongi steps out from backstage, bidding some of the other performers a good show and a promise to stop by more often. The adrenaline from being on stage is still buzzing through her body, making her feel on top of the world like it always did. She pushes through the crowd of people to look for her roommate, Taehyung, who had left her to perform with the promise of a free drink after her show. Yoongi is definitely not one to turn down a drink from someone she knows, and plans to take full advantage of it.

 

The girl finds Taehyung on the dance floor with her boyfriend, and instantly realizes that she will probably not get her drink tonight (mostly because Taehyung is already giggling drunk while she moves her hips to the beat of the music and she probably doesn’t remember making the promise anymore). Yoongi adds the drink to her internal list of things Taehyung owes her but has not gotten yet, which is very long already. Sometimes Yoongi wonders why she puts up with Taehyung, but then remembers that they’ve known each other since high school and that she’s usually at Jeongguk’s house more than she is at their dorm anyways so it isn’t that much trouble.

 

The rapper decides that if Taehyung isn’t going to buy her a drink, then she’ll buy one herself. She makes her way over towards the bar and stops dead once she notices a girl sitting at the bar with a man sitting a little too closely next to her. This usually would not have been something to think twice about, but the girl looks so uncomfortable and she’s obviously trying to make space between herself and the man without being rude.

 

It is sadly not unusual for Yoongi to see this type of thing. Usually, she’d send someone else over to break up a conversation if one of the participants looked uncomfortable. She could have done that, but honestly the girl sitting over by the bar looked absolutely terrified and Yoongi did not have the patience for harassment. She glances over to the bartender, who meets her eyes instantly and nods knowingly.

 

Yoongi takes one last breath before stalking over towards the poor girl and the man who either has not gotten the hint that she wasn’t interested or just doesn’t care. She stops right next to the girl, and flashes her a small encouraging smile. “I’ve been gone for only ten minutes and someone has already taken my spot?”

 

The brown haired girl furrows her eyebrows in confusion for a moment before understanding what Yoongi was trying to do for her. “I’m sorry; I was just sitting here waiting for you to come back.”

 

“Who’s this?” the man questions roughly, eyes narrowing in on Yoongi suspiciously. “Don’t tell me you’re a lesbian, darling, you’ve been teasing me the whole time we talked.”

 

Yoongi lets out a bitter laugh and flips her black hair over her shoulder. “The only thing she was doing was trying to get away from you. It’s obvious that she isn’t interested so why don’t you just leave her alone?”

 

The man looks slightly taken aback at her words, eyes wide and smirk dropping off of his face. “I don’t think this is any of your business.”

 

“It is my business when you’re giving clearly unwanted attention to a girl who doesn’t deserve to be the victim of your harassment.”

 

“She wanted it! She’s just been playing hard to get,” the man insists, voice raising in anger.

 

“No, I don’t think so.” Yoongi shakes her head and glances over to the girl beside her. “Did you want him talking to you?”

 

The girl shakes her head timidly, avoiding eye contact with the man in front of her. Yoongi watches as he stands up abruptly, pushing his chair back in the process, and almost yells out, “I’m done with these lesbians coming into clubs and acting like they weren’t asking to get hit on by men. Why else would they be showing off so much skin if they weren’t asking for it?”

 

The black haired girl places a hand onto the other girl’s arm, gaining her attention and calming her down. She then looks over to the bartender who had been watching the whole thing happen, ready to help out when needed. Now was the time and he calls for security before things get out of hand.

 

“What, now I’m the bad guy? It’s her fault!” the man shouts towards them as the bouncers lead him out of the club. “Whatever, I don’t need to waste my time on some stuck up anyways.”

 

Once the man is out of their sight, and hopefully out of the club, Yoongi turns to the girl, ready to speak. The moment she locks eyes with her, the brown haired girl throws her arms around Yoongi and hugs her tightly.

 

“Thank you so much! He wouldn’t leave me alone no matter what I did or said. I was afraid to leave because I thought he might try to follow me,” the girl confesses shakily.

 

Yoongi pats her back cautiously, not used to being touched by someone she isn’t familiar with. “It frustrates me that men think that they have the right to harass a women like that. If you’re ever in that situation again, don’t be afraid to sit down with a group of girls and start talking to them. They will catch on to what’s happening pretty quickly and will help you stay away from whoever is bothering you.”

 

The girl nods and slowly pulls away from Yoongi, dabbing at her cheeks lightly. “My name is Jimin. Thank you for helping me.”

 

“I’m Yoongi,” she pauses, “would it make you feel safer if I drove you home?”

 

Jimin nods hesitantly. “Yes, if that is alright with you. I could just take a taxi home like I planned, but…”

 

Yoongi smiles and shakes her head. “It’s no problem. I want to make sure you get home safely anyways.”

 

“Thank you,” replies the other girl, standing from her seat and holding her bag on one arm. Yoongi sends a quick text to Taehyung to let her know that she was leaving early, and that she could sleep over with Jeongguk tonight if she wanted. Since the only car they brought was the one Yoongi planned to take Jimin home in, Taehyung really had no other choice (not that the girl would mind).

 

It turns out that Jimin lives just down the street from Yoongi and Taehyung’s apartment, which makes the black haired girl a little happier than she probably should be. She takes a moment to remind herself that she’s just taking Jimin home to make sure she gets there safely and nothing else.

 

Once they are parked outside Jimin’s apartment, Yoongi is the first to step out of the car and help the other girl out. She promised the other girl that she would get her home safely and her job is not over until Jimin is inside. They walk towards the front entrance, both of them taking their time, and stop at the doors.

 

“Would you, maybe, like to come inside?” Jimin asks, playing with the ends of her hair nervously.

 

Yoongi wants to, she really does, but it just doesn’t seem right after everything that has happened that night. “I’m sorry, I have to get home for tonight. Maybe I’ll take you up on that offer some other time?”

 

Jimin looks up at her and smiles brightly. “Sure, I would love that.”

 

By the time they finish swapping numbers and say their goodbyes, Jimin has smiled her blindingly bright smile at least seven times and Yoongi thinks that driving her home is possibly the best decision she has ever made. Jimin waves to Yoongi as she walks into her building, lips still holding a smile. The black haired girl gives a wave back before turning to get back into her car.

 

“Wait!” a voice calls out just as she has a hand on the door handle, and Jimin comes rushing towards her.

 

“Is everything okay-“

 

Yoongi is silenced when lips cover hers. She doesn’t react to the pressure against for a few shocked seconds until she finally gets ahold of herself once again. Jimin lets out a quiet sound of approval and lets Yoongi take control of the kiss.

 

The sweet scent of Jimin’s perfume fills her senses, and her lips feel soft as they move leisurely against her own. Jimin’s arms are circled loosely around her neck, and Yoongi places a hand onto the girl’s waist to pull her closer.

 

Yoongi pulls back only when the need for air is almost unbearable. She keeps Jimin close, but allows the girl to lean back enough to look up at her.

 

“Sorry, I’ve just really wanted to do that,” Jimin admits, an embarrassed blush blooming on her cheeks.

 

The other girl scoffs teasingly, “Yeah, I can tell. You almost pushed me into the road on impact.”

 

Jimin lets out a laugh and hits Yoongi’s arm playfully. “Hey! At least I was woman enough to make the first move!”

 

Yoongi simply rolls her eyes and finally parts from the brown haired girl completely. “You look tired. Get some rest and we can talk in the morning, alright?”

 

She nods, leaving one last kiss on Yoongi’s cheek before turning to leave. “Goodnight, Yoongi!”

 

“Goodnight, Jimin.” Yoongi gets into her car and sits in the driver’s seat for a few content moments before finally turning on the engine and making the trip back to her apartment.

 

When she wakes up the next morning, she doesn’t pay much attention to all of Taehyung’s drunken text messages complaining about how horrible of a roommate she is, because the only thing she cared about was the ‘Good morning!” message from an unknown number.