Chapter 1

Roommate

Jungkook had felt so nervous when he had first been invited to join the next season of roommate. He had talked it over with his hyungs and they had all agreed that it would be a great opportunity for him. It had taken some persuasion, but he finally agreed. He had heard rumours about some of the people that would be on the show with him. Some of them had turned out to be false, and some had turned out to be true.

 

He was a little disappointed to find out that he was once again the maknae out of the group, but he quickly became close to the other people in the roommate house, and he soon forgot about the age differences. There was one person in particular that he had grown close to. Her name was Madison. She was a model and budding actress. She was five years older than him and he had been so awkward around her in the beginning. But the two of them had grown closer over time. Their roommates often joked that they would make a good couple. He had spent many hours thinking about her. They often talked outside of the show as well. They had exchanged phone numbers and Kakao ID’s and he found himself checking his phone at almost every available opportunity to see if he had any messages from her.

 

When BTS won first place for “Run” she was the first one to message him. He hadn’t been able to remove his grin for ages when he saw her message. The message felt like the cherry on top after winning first place. When he went back home that night, she had organised a celebration party for him. His roommate, Jackson, later told him that as soon as they had won, she had immediately organised the celebration and had went out despite the late hour to buy a cake and food for them to eat.

 

When she had been cast in her first lead role in a drama, he was the first person she told. She had felt close to him immediately. His charm and playful nature shining through, despite his initial awkwardness. A month into the show the producers had proposed a ‘date’ for the members to get to know each other a little better. They had to pick names out of a hat and spend time with their chosen person doing something one of them liked, then on the next ‘date’ they would do something the other person liked doing. Jungkook had picked her name out of the hat, much to the excitement of the rest of the roommates. He had taken her to his training room and taught her the choreography to run. She had been terrible at it, but they had a lot of fun. When it was her turn to pick the activity, they went go karting. Jungkook had been surprised by her choice, but he hadn’t complained, even when she had overtaken him and completely beaten him.

 

They had been living together for four months. Jungkook was at home with some of the other roommate members while Madison was recording for her new drama. They had stayed up late into the night, the older roommates drinking and telling stories, while the younger ones listened. They eventually went back to their own rooms at around 3 in the morning. Jungkook had noticed that Madison hadn’t returned home yet. He checked his phone but he didn’t have any missed calls or messages from her. I guess her filming is just running late. He thought as he closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep.

 

An hour later, Madison limped in through the front door. She slowly managed to remove her shoes, wincing as she did so. She shuffled into the house, not even attempting to wear a pair of slippers. She reached the bottom of the stairs and looked up them with a pained expression. Her eyes slid over to the couch but she shook her head. She just wanted to sleep in her own bed. She leaned heavily onto the wall as she slowly made her way up the stairs. It took her almost ten minutes just to climb the one flight of stairs. She made her way into her shared bedroom and into the bathroom. She changed into her sleeping clothes and made her way to her bed. She climbed in and pulled the blanket over her tired and aching body. A few tears escaped her eyes as she finally allowed her body to rest. She eventually fell into an uneasy sleep.

 

The next morning, Jungkook and Jackson were on cooking duty. The two of them woke up early and started making breakfast. The rest of the roommates slowly started to come down stairs, some of them heading straight out to work, others taking their places at the kitchen table. Once breakfast was finally ready Jungkook offered to go wake up the rest of the roommates that were still in bed. He knocked on Madison’s door last. He couldn’t hear anything from inside but he knew she was in there. Her roommate, Youngji, had seen her when she had woken up. He knocked the door once again as he opened it a little, “Nuna?” he called as he peeked around the door. “Nuna~ Are you still sleeping?” he saw her still in bed and he went into the room.

 

“Nuna, breakfast is ready~” he said as he put his hand on her blanket covered shoulder and shook her gently. She groaned and turned away from him. Jungkook gasped as the blanket moved with her and exposed her body. Her shirt had ridden up in her sleep and her back was black and blue with bruises. He shot up, open mouthed as he looked at her bruised back. His eyes travelled over the rest of her body and he saw that she had deep bruises on her arms and legs as well. “Nuna…” he whispered. She groaned and turned back over, her eyes fluttering open. Jungkook dropped to his knees next to her bed, panic beginning to settle in. “Nuna, what happened to you? Were you in an accident? Do you need a doctor? Should I take you to hospital?” she rubbed her eyes, smearing her makeup that she had neglected to take off the night before.

 

“I’m ok, Jungkook.” She said, her voice hoarse. He gave her a ‘what the hell’ look. “How can you say you’re ok? Your entire body is covered in bruises!” he said pointing at her bruised skin. She held her arms out in front of her and frowned at how stiff she felt. She sighed and let her arms drop onto the bed. “I had a little accident while I was shooting last night.” Jungkook snorted, his sassy nature kicking in, “Little accident?”

 

She shoot him an amused look. She liked his sassy side. She tried to push herself into a sitting position but her back protested from the movement. Jungkook instinctively reached out and helped her up. He arranged her pillows so that she could sit more comfortably then handed her her water bottle from beside her bed. He waited impatiently as she took a long drink of water. “So… what happened exactly?” he asked.

 

“I was doing a wire stunt. Something went wrong and one of the wires came loose. I swung into the wall then the other wire came loose and I hit the ground instead of the safety mat.” Jungkook stared at her open-mouthed. “Oh my god. Why aren’t you in hospital? Did you break anything?” he asked as he once again looked over her body for injuries. She shook her head, “Nothing broken. Just a little bruised up and some muscle pain. The doctor said the impact from the wall and floor was the same as being in a car accident. Plus I sprained my ankle when I landed.” She added and Jungkook frowned at her.

 

“Then why didn’t you stay in the hospital and rest?” he scolded. “I hate hospitals. I just wanted to come home.” She admitted quietly. Jungkook frowned and took her hand in his. “Why didn’t you call? I could have helped you. It must have been so painful trying to get up here alone.”

 

“I didn’t want to wake anyone up. I got home pretty late and I know everyone has busy schedules.” She said. Jungkook frowned at her. “Schedules or not, you should have asked for help. Any one of us would have gone and picked you up or waited for you to come home to help you. Especially me. I thought we were close.” He said, not able to hide the petulant tone to his voice. She chuckled at him, “I’m sorry, ok? I was just so tired and sore I wasn’t thinking straight. Next time something happens to me, I promise I’ll call you right away, deal?” he looked up at her and smiled. “Deal! ....... wait, you’re not planning on getting hurt again are you?!”

 

They both laughed, “I am known for being a klutz, so keep your phone with you at all times!” she joked. Suddenly Jackson’s loud voice sounded from downstairs. “Will you two stop flirting and come down and eat?! We’re all starving!” they exchanged guilty looks and Jungkook rose to his feet. “Stay here, I’ll go explain what happened to the others and I’ll bring you up some breakfast, ok?”

 

She shook her head and threw off her blanket, “You don’t need to do that, Jungkook. I’ll just go…” she was interrupted by Jungkook pushing her back against her pillows and covering her with her blanket. “Stay. I’ll bring you breakfast.” He said as he disappeared out the door. She lay back against her pillow, her heart suddenly beating a little faster. Her face feeling a little warmer. She raised a hand to her warm cheek. “Why am I feeling like this?” she wondered aloud as her eyes looked towards the door that Jungkook had just went through. “Is it… because of Jungkook?” as if in response her heart skipped a beat. “Oh my god…” she was hit by the sudden realisation that after four months of teasing from all the other roommates, that she did, in fact, have feelings for Jeon Jungkook.