LUCK 7

Love, Hyogi

Taekwoon smiled as he held his son for the first time. “He’s so beautiful.” Taekwoon whispered, kissing his son’s forehead. His wife chuckled from where he laid. “That's because he looks exactly like you, Hyung.” Taekwoon smiled, leaning down to kiss the younger male. “He has your dimples, though. It makes him cuter.” Taekwoon said. “Let's just hope he won't be as clumsy and awkward like me.” Taekwoon chuckled, kissing his wife softly. “I’m sure he won’t, Hongbin-ah.” Hongbin giggled and gently took their son into his arms. “We’re naming him Youngwoon.” Taekwoon smiled softly. “Our little hero.” Hongbin cooed at the fussy baby, kissing the infant’s cheek.

Taekwoon chuckled at the memory, watching their now five year old son run around the park with his baby sitter. Taekwoon looked up and smiled sadly. Are you watching us, Binnie? Our Youngwoon turned out like you: cute, handsome, smart, friendly. Taekwoon silently said, not noticing a tear that slipped out of his eyes, followed by more. “Appa, why are you crying? Did the mean duckies hurt you?” Youngwoon cutely said, running to his father. Taekwoon wiped his tears away with a chuckle, opening his arms for Youngwoon to run into. “You—oh, thank god! I thought I completely lost you!” Youngwoon’s babysitter said, panting as he collapsed on the grassy ground. Youngwoon giggled and pulled away from his father before tackling the young man. “Sanghyukkie Hyung!” Sanghyuk chuckled as he hugged Youngwoon. “Never run away like that, okay?” Youngwoon nodded, giving Sanghyuk a dimpled smile. Taekwoon’s heart warmed at the sight of the two, feeling something in him stir. “Appa, can we get ice cream?” Youngwoon softly asked, his hands in Sanghyuk’s. Taekwoon checked the time and deemed it fine for them to stay out a bit longer. “I’m fine with it. Sanghyuk?” Sanghyuk smiled brightly, lifting Youngwoon onto his shoulders. “I have no classes tomorrow and I have nothing better to do at home.” That response got Youngwoon squealing in joy. “Yay! Ice cream night with Sanghyukkie Hyung!” Taekwoon and Sanghyuk chuckled at the cutiepie.

Once the trio got to Youngwoon’s favorite ice cream shop, Youngwoon begged Taekwoon that he help Sanghyuk find a table. “Isn't someone being extra clingy?” Taekwoon teased. Youngwoon pouted, hugging Sanghyuk’s leg. “Appa, it's not everyday Sanghyuk Hyung gets to spend more time with us!” Taekwoon sneered, ruffling his sassy son’s hair. “Fine, fine. You're exactly like your mother, sassy.” Youngwoon stuck his tongue out before laughing at his father's expression. “Just go get a table.” Taekwoon grumbled as he got in line. Youngwoon laughed as he dragged Sanghyuk to their usual table.
“Oh, Taekwoon-ah!” Hakyeon, the manager and today’s cashier, greeted. Taekwoon smiled. “I see Jaehwan and Wonshik aren't here today.” Hakyeon gave his signature stank face, crossing his arms over his chest. “Those two said that their roommate, Sanghyuk or whatever, is sick.” Taekwoon raised a brow. “Well that’s weird. Youngwoon’s babysitter’s name is Sanghyuk. He’s just right there.” Taekwoon said, nodding towards the table Youngwoon and Sanghyuk were at. Hakyeon’s eye twitched. “Last name?” “Han.” Taekwoon and Hakyeon’s eyes widened comically. “No wonder Sanghyuk wanted to extend his time with us.” Taekwoon mumbled while Hakyeon launched himself into a sea of whining and grumbling. “Whatever. I know your orders already, so go ahead and take a seat.” Hakyeon grumbled. “But the mo—“ “My treat for busting those two horn dogs.” Hakyeon sneered. Taekwoon chuckled and nodded.

Youngwoon screamed happily once his father got to their table, latching himself onto Taekwoon. Taekwoon chuckled, kissing his son’s forehead. “Appa, guess what Hyukkie Hyung told me!” Taekwoon blinked, looking at Sanghyuk. Sanghyuk grinned, nodding. “What?” Taekwoon softly said. Youngwoon cackled. “Hyung says we both look like cats!” Taekwoon chuckled, shaking his head at the old comparison. “You’re a unique kitten since you have dimples!” Taekwoon cooed, poking the cute dimples that show on his son’s face while he laughs. Youngwoon giggled, poking his father’s cheeks. “You have fluffy cheeks!” Taekwoon playfully glared at his son, causing Yougwoon and Sanghyuk to laugh. “See? Cat!” Sanghyuk said with a nod. Taekwoon scowled at Sanghyuk, tossing tissues at him. Sanghyuk cackled while Yougwoon laughed. “I really hate to interrupt this wonderful family bonding, but I have your ice cream cakes here!” Hakyeon brightly said, giving Taekwoon a teasing wink. Taekwoon turned red, hitting the shop manager’s arm. “Oh, I’m no—“ Sanghyuk’s explanation was cut off when Youngwoon latched onto him. “Isn't Hyung the greatest?! He’s family now! Right, Hyungie?” Youngwoon said, adorable kitten-like eyes gleaming at him. Sanghyuk melted, hugging the cutiepie closer. “Anything you want, Youngie.” Sanghyuk mumbled, not noticing Takewoon’s warm smile directed to him and Hakyeon’s devilish expression. “Looks like Youngwoon found a second Umma.” Hakyeon teased Taekwoon, running away when the tall male stood up with a murderous expression.


That night, Taekwoon laid awake in his room and stared up at the ceiling. Hongbin-ah, do you agree with what Hakyeonnie said? I’m not so sure, but Youngwoonie looks so happy when he’s around Sanghyuk. It's like when you were still with us. Taekwoon sighed, rolling over to his side to hug the lion plushie Youngwoon and Sanghyuk gave him the other day. If so, please give me a sign. I know you want me to move on and live happily. I’m willing. Taekwoon then fell asleep with that thought last thought, then dreaming of a life with Sanghyuk by his side and a happy Youngwoon calling Sanghyuk his new mother; Taekwoon smiling through it all.

 


A few months later
Taekwoon smiled softly, his hands in Sanghyuk's as they followed their hyper Youngwoon in the park. “Youngwoon-ah, don't touch the cat if it doesn't near you!” Sanghyuk said in panic, running to Youngwoon before the boy could lay a hand on the feral cat. “Umma!” Youngwoon giggled as Sanghyuk lifted him in his arms. “Are you alright? Did the cat scratch you?” Sanghyuk fussed over the boy as he checked the possible areas the cat might have scratched him. Youngwoon giggled while Taekwoon chuckled, the father back hugging his boyfriend. “Umma, the cat was a kitten. It was about to go to me, then you ran over and scared it!” Youngwoon whined, pouting afterwards. Sanghyuk smiled sheepishly, kissing Youngwoon’s cheek. “Sorry, Baby.” Youngwoon grinned. “It's okay, Umma. We can always find more kittens!” Taekwoon chuckled, kissing Sanghyuk’s cheek. Sanghyuk smiled softly at the two, turning his head slightly to softly kiss Takewoon. “You two are exactly alike, save for Youngie’s adorable dimples.” Sanghyuk whispered. Taekwoon rolled his eyes, bringing a naughty hand down to harshly Sanghyuk’s . Sanghyuk yelped slightly, glaring at the smirking Taekwoon. “Seriously, do you have any self control at all?” Taekwoon chuckled, kissing Snaghyuk’s neck softly before taking Youngwoon. “Let's find more kittens!” Youngwoon clapped happily. “Can we bring one home?” Youngwoon asked hopefully, looking at his father and self-proclaimed mother. Sanghyuk giggled, moving over to hug Taekwoon’s arm. “Depends.” Sanghyuk said, looking at Taekwoon. Taekwoon looked back at him. “I say yes.” Taekwoon softly said. Youngwoon grinned. “Umma?” Sanghyuk giggled, nodding. “Alright, you can take one home. But remember, the kitten will be your responsibility.” Youngwoon nodded happily. “Let's find some kittens!” The couple chuckled at their adorable son, watching the tiny Taekwoon run around enthusiastically after Taekwoon placed him back on the ground. “You two and your love for all things adorable.” Sanghyuk mumbled with a smile. Taekwoon chuckled, wrapping his arms around the younger and kissing him softly. “No wonder we chose you to fill up that empty place in our lives.” Takewoon softly said with a smile. Sanghyuk giggled, cheeks turning pink. “I love you, Sanghyukkie.” Takewoon softly said. Sanghyuk felt his whole body explode into dozens of butterflies at the confession. “I love you too, Taekwoon Hyung.” Taekwoon smiled, leaning in to capture his lover in a sweet kiss; the whole world around them slowly disappearing as they got lost in each other.

 

 

Hongbin smiled as he watched his husband and Sanghyuk kissed. “I’m so proud of you, Hyung.” Hongbin whispered. “Take good care of Sanghyukkie and our Youngwoonie.”