Her Style

My Style

Under the cherry blossom tree, there‘re two people standing facing each other. A girl and a boy. But no, they’re not even a couple. Just ordinary high school students.

“Mina-ssi, I like you. Will you be my girlfriend?” The boy with handsome face confessed his love to her.

Mina, that girl’s name only smiled. Myoui Mina is a Japanese who now staying and studying in Korea. She is not only beautiful, but also smart, very polite and one of popular female students. Her smile is her charm. Her friends always called her smile as gummy smile. A smile that can melted everyone who saw it. For that boy, seeing her smile sometimes gave him a hope if she will accept his love confession. But sadly, not every story will finish with happy ending…

“I’m sorry. I only like you as a friend.” Her answer would make sure his hope got ruined. “Thank you for your confession, Taeyoung-ssi. But I like someone else.” With that, Mina walked and left him alone.

Seems spring is not always a good time for love confessions. At least for Taeyoung.

***

“Mina-unnie!”

A short girl with bob hair called and run to her. Son Chaeyoung, her name. She is Mina’s favorite dongsaeng. She maybe short but she has a dream to be a rapper in the future. She also famous as the dongsaeng from ‘no-jam brothers’ with her cousin, Yoo Jungyeon who is Mina’s friend and her classmate.

“Oh, hello Chaeyoung-ah.”

Mina gave a gentle smile to Chaeyoung.

“I was searching for you! Where were you?”

“I’m sorry. I had something to do. By the way, why are you searching for me?” She asked curiously but actually it made her happy because Chaeyoung searched her.

The younger girl suddenly got nervous.

“Not really important but… I heard Kim Taeyoung confessed to you. Did you…?”

“Ah... Seems the news already spreaded like fire…” Mina thought in her mind. “Huh? Yes, he confessed to me and---“

“Didyouaccepthimasyourboyfriend???” As if a real rapper, Chaeyoung cut her words.

Again, Mina only showed her warm smile that only made the younger girl blushed and Mina really like what she saw. For her, she is so adorable.

“I’m sorry…” Chaeyoung suddenly apologize. “I should never… But I… Umm… I’m sorry, Mina-unnie…” She didn’t dare to look at Mina’s face. Very embarrased.

But Mina understand what Chaeyoung means.

“I rejected him.” A simple answer from Mina gave the younger girl a joy in her heart. Even she didn’t know why but she is very grateful with her answer.

“Huh why??? You know Taeyoung is really popular, nice guy and so handsome!” Again Chaeyoung demands some explanation why her lovely unnie rejected him. She still curious tho.

Mina sighed. Maybe Chaeyoung will never knew the real reason behind her rejection. Maybe she need a clue. Yes, it’s obviously. Chaeyoung needs a clue.

“He is not my style.”

“Excuse me?”

Mina looked at Chaeyoung’s face. She didn’t know since when she started fallin for her. Chaeyoung always give her butterflies in her stomach everytimes she with her.

“You know… I have my style. I like someone who is cute but a little bit y. I also like a younger person and the short one it’s fine.” She paused for a second. “Someone who always doing part time jobs.” Mina added the biggest clue. Everybody knows how Chaeyoung really love doing part time jobs. Althrough her parents still can give her money if she asks them.

“……….”

Too bad, seems Mina’s explanation only made Chaeyoung more confused. The younger girl didn’t get any of her clues. Mina chuckled and slowly holding Chaeyoung’s hand. “You will understand someday. Let’s go to the canteen, I’m hungry.”

“O-okay.”

If only Chaeyoung knows…

“Chaeyoung-ah, I only like you. You’re my style.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hope you would enjoy this story. Thank you and until next time. Ciao! ^^