Fox & Wallflower Meets Candy Boy & Servant

Summoners War
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Chapter I[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Fox & Wallflower Meets Candy Boy & Servant[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

 

Normal POV

 

The sound of tapping echoed across the empty room. There are a total of ten figures within this space. A large rectangular table with ten chairs occupied the middle section, each seat for a different person. The person at the far left end of the table had their big chair facing towards the rest.

 

Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Tap. Ta—

 

"Holy ! Can you stop doing that?! It's ing annoying!" A cyan haired male yelled out in anger. His usual pale skin turn red from irritation.

 

"Calm down, Savage. No need to turn violent." A calming voice coming from the person across from him. The furious male looked upward to send a deadly glare to the smiling golden haired boy.

 

"Like you're one to talk, Rose. You think you're all that innocent and so great with those fan girls you have. It sickens me."

 

The smile did not drop, "Are you perhaps jealous, Savage? It would be difficult to match someone like me."

 

Savage was about to snap at Rose until a small hand was placed onto his arm. He turned to see his best friend sending him a certain look, telling him to calm down. The latter sighed and took a deep breath.

 

The hand on his arm was rubbing circles to help him ease his anger. Savage flashed a tiny thankful smile and turned to face the still beaming blonde boy.

 

"As always, Truman has to be the one to calm you down. Don't you think you are giving her more trouble?" Rose sneered with that innocent smile playing at his lips.

 

Savage let out a growl but didn't argue back to keep calm as his best friend told him to.

 

"Aren't you such a little puppy? Truman's little pet, hmm?" Rose laughed, making the other clench his firsts tightly for control. The mere sound of Rose's laughter made Savage's skin crawl and his blood in his veins pump violently.

 

But Rose had stopped laughing when a deep voice spoke up.

 

"Zip it, Rose. You are becoming a distraction to Kemp." The icy tone made the disturbers freeze up.

 

"Yes, Sir Knight." Rose saluted before going back to his business.

 

It was silent, once again, like thirty minutes ago.

 

However, one person was sick of it as it was seen with the displeasure expression upon her face.

 

"Can I leave now?" A high pitch voice spoke up. Majority of the figures turned their heads to a brunette whose posture resembled to a proper English woman with her jointed hands resting on her lap and legs crossed.

 

"We have to wait for Kemp, Hawke." Knight answered.

 

Hawke did not respond back but she sent the older one a certain look briefly before going back to rest in silence.

 

Everyone else had to endure their patience as they awaited for when the figure behind the tall chair to spin around.

 

As they waited, some rested, chatted quietly, played with one another.

 

"Oh my god, Sparks! You are going to get scolded if you do that!" Another brunette gasped as she watched her companion hold a paper ball in hand while positioning her arm to launch it towards the dazed Hawke.

 

Sparks showed her friend an assured grin, "Don't worry, Shine. Hawke will be just fine."

 

"I'm worried for our deaths! Hawke would summon Camilla to freeze us to death!" Shine whispered, hoping that amount of information would stop Sparks from continuing on with this action.

 

"Like if that's going to stop me."

 

Sparks threw the crumpled up paper towards the oblivious girl and it hit on the target. The paper ball bounced off of Hawke's head and flew towards Rose, who was also busy with his phone.

 

The flying object landed on his head and stayed there like a lone egg in a nest. A vein popped up on Rose's forehead.

 

"Sparks...." The sickeningly sweet voice called out to the fearless blond girl who sat beside the sacred brunette.

 

"What's up, Rose? Feeling your petals being crushed by my cannon ball?" Sparks chuckled.

 

Rose slowly removed the ball from his head and threw it back at Sparks with much strength. The paper ball was smacked away by the target.

 

"Weak. You throw like a little flower boy. Oh wait, that's you." Sparks laughed, making Rose's smile twitch.

 

"Why, you unethical..." Rose stopped when he made eye contact with Sparks' burning eyes.

 

"Finish that sentence. I dare you."

 

Rose still continued on, "."

 

"That's it!" Sparks stood up quickly, making the worried brunette stand up too.

 

"No, Sparks! Don't fight with Rose! He's going to destroy you!" Shine said, holding onto the blonde haired girl's shoulder.

 

"Just one punch! Or a kick! That will be it, Shine!"

 

"You're going to get yourself hurt! Just stop! Plus, we all know that you won't just stop after one punch!"

 

"But—!"

 

Two hands suddenly slammed on the table.

 

"Silence!" Knight shouted, making the two arguers shut their mouths.

 

He sent a glare to the pair, "If I knew you would cause a ruckus in here, Sparks, then I would've never invited you."

 

"But I'm the fun of the party!" Sparks protested in a cute way, earning gagging noises from Rose and Savage.

 

"Like hell, you are. We are not here to party. We are waiting for Kemp to finish her proposal from Director's orders."

 

"Why doesn't she distribute the workload so it'll be done quicker?" Shine asked, leaning her head on Sparks's shoulder.

 

"Because Kemp wanted to do it on her own. We cannot force her to change her mind." Knight replied, fixing his composure after sitting for half an hour.

 

"Well, is she done?" Hawke questioned, who seems to have recovered for her moment of rest.

 

Before Knight could answer her, the tall chair spun around and there was their leader in all her glory with a laptop on her thighs.

 

"She is done, Hawke. Do you wish to ask further?" Kemp stated.

 

Hawke stayed silent and blankly stared at the eldest.

 

"Good, we shall carry on." Kemp continued, "As you all have heard from Knight that we were given orders from the Director."

 

Everyone nodded. Then, she turned her laptop towards them. It revealed the sent message from the Director, himself.

 

Greetings Devins,

 

As all of you know, today is an important day for all academies across Korea because it is the F Summoners Entrance Exam for the newcomers.

 

Oddly this year, there is an increase of 40% of new Summoners trying to join SM Academy.

 

Therefore, the board members and I have decided to let you pick the Entrance Exam as we try to take care of the large number of new Summoners.

 

Good day.

 

Yours truly,

Director of SM Academy

 

"So, the old man dropped his workload on us?" A white haired boy said, sarcastically, earning a glare from Knight.

 

"Haven't I told you to keep your mouth shut, Lowell? And don't call the director some old man." Knight hissed but Kemp placed a hand on his arm to calm him down which he did.

 

Kemp let out a cough and resumed her speech, "Because the Director has given us the choice of selecting the exam and he seemed to have an issue with the amount of newcomers, I've decided to have the exam go by with a one on one battle. Each newcomer would have to battle another to join our Academy. That way, it will decrease the number to, at least, 20%."

 

Kemp saw no one protesting against her decision and they couldn't do it, even if they wanted to. Her words are absolute.

 

"I'm sure he will be pleased to see us helping him with his problem, so he will owe us a favor. Do not worry because he is already notified of our actions and has approved it, so this isn't illegal." Kemp assured though there was no reason to since the other Devins knew that Kemp would always get what she wants through some method.

 

"Now, you all will be monitoring as overseers of this Entrance Exam but I will not be joining this inspection due to other business. So, I will watch from here." She added, surveying everyone's expression.

 

They appear to be calm so Kemp accepted that they agree to her idea.

 

Well, they didn't have a choice if they don't want to be chewed out by the strongest Summoner in SM Academy.

 

Kemp stole a glimpse of the clock and it stated that it was 10:20 AM so the Entrance Exam was about to begin soon. She swiveled in her chair so the back of her seat was the only thing that could be seen by the other Devins.

 

"Now, leave. Proceed towards the exit. I will send a message to your devices on your positions and roles during this Entrance Exam."

 

Obeying to her commands, all the Devins got up and exit quickly the room within a few seconds. Kemp was left in the room by herself and she grabbed her lonely phone from her pocket. Her fingers were dancing on the screen as she typed quickly the instructions to her fellow members.

 

Once sent, she put her phone into her pocket and continued to her business on the laptop. However at times, Kemp would glance at the multiple security camera screens to the side of her. Each of them monitoring every classroom and hall within the facility.

 

Although, nine of them were specifically focused on the Devin members.

 

"Hmm...I wonder what is with the sudden growth of newcomers?" Kemp asked no one but let out a chuckle when an amusing thought entered her mind.

 

"I wonder if I'm going to meet another worthy individual in this little exam..." She said, staring at the security screens.

 

"But that's highly unlikely."

 

 

Loud voices, feet stomping, and crazy laughter was heard from all surroundings within this large area of space.

 

Where was this place, one might ask?

 

Why, it is SM Academy's Gymnasium. The Gym was the designated location for where the Entrance Exam will take place. All of the Summoners, who have decided to join this school, have arrived and are now waiting for the Examiner to come with directions.

 

It has been nearly half an hour since majority of the Summoners came and the place is packed. Every space was filled and it was too crowded so there wasn't time to breathe.

 

But a lone figure was slipping her way through the mobs like it was nothing.

 

"Ahh, I'm so bored. Teach told us to wait here because the Examiners aren't here yet...but it's so freaking crowded." A girl with long blonde hair, that goes to the middle of her back, yawned. Her chocolate eyes had a playful glint within them.

 

She continued strolling down while avoiding wild Summoners, who were laughing like a maniac and acting like one. One buff looking boy was guffawing at something, making the blond girl look in his direction and arched a brow.

 

"Wonder what's wrong with that dude." She said but shrugged it off and continued wandering on. The latter surveyed the Gymnasium that was five hundred feet in length and width. Its roof was a hundred feet high.

Yet, the female still seemed bored with everything going on.

 

"Man..." She sighed, "Is there anyone that doesn't have the cocky attitude to them? Seriously. All these newbies keep thinking they're going to be such an amazing Summoner and spit demands to my face like they have good monsters, which they don't."

 

The blond rolled her eyes while mumbling to herself. Her eyes searched around for a normal and nice person except for those conceited jocks and chicks.

 

They landed on a tall girl with blond hair like her.

 

'Hmmm...she doesn't seem to have that arrogant air to her.'

 

The not so bored girl noticed that there was no one near this particular girl. Everyone around her looked uncomfortable for some odd reason. It is like as if they trying to keep a good distance so they're not touching her.

 

'Is there something wrong with her or something?'

 

Despite what she's thinking, this weird girl had this unusual growing smile. Her next move was a bold one, alright. The latter walked up to the other blond girl whom everyone was avoiding and greeted her.

 

"Hey, I'm Lyon. Pleasure to meet you." Lyon held out her hand to the shocked female.

 

It took the lone wolf to realize that this short girl was talking to her.

 

"B-Bunker..." Bunker replied back, accepting the offering hand.

 

They shared a little shake before letting go.

 

"So, Bunker? What's up with you?" Lyon asked with a playful grin, "You seem like a total hermit out here."

 

"Nothing." The other answered sharply.

 

Lyon raised her hands in defense.

 

"Whoaaaaa, I didn't mean to offend you there, Bunker. I'm just wondering 'cause all these cocky asses are like keeping away from you. You gotta teach me how to do that."

 

"What?"

 

Lyon waved her hands around like a mime, "You know...that icy aura! It's making the people stay away and that is really cool. I wish I had that."

 

Bunker seemed stunned, "C-Cool? You think that's cool...?"

 

Lyon gave her a disbelief expression.

 

"Are you kidding?! Hell yeah, it's awesome! If I had that, then I could've pushed the people I hated around, hahaha!" The latter laughed.

 

"Awesome...?"

 

"Yeah, like awesome awesome!" Lyon repeated to emphasize her point, "I'm surprised you're not surrounded by some groupies. You could totally be a Queen Bee, if you wanted to. I mean, you got the looks, the height, and the aura like a Queen Bee package. Who wouldn't want to hang out with you?"

 

Bunker just stared blankly at this rambling girl, who finally noticed that the taller one did not say anything back to her or throughout her spiral of compliments.

 

"Errr....sorry, did I scare you, Bunker? I know I can talk and all...." Lyon apologized, concerned if she offended her soon-to-be-friend.

 

Bunker blinked.

 

"Oh, it's fine. I am just not use to how...open you are." Bunker slowly put together her words as Lyon listened.

 

"You're not? Are you like a Wallflower, Bunker?"

 

"Yes. Is that wrong?" Bunker went on the defensive again.

 

Lyon waved her hand, "No, no, no. It's perfectly fine. As long as you're not some cocky , then we're all cool. Soooo, are we good?"

 

For once ever since the whole confrontation has started, Bunker showed a tiny grin just for a moment which was caught by Lyon but it dropped a moment later.

 

"Yeah, we're good and you don't seem to be like one of those snotty people either, so we can be friends. If you're still up for it?" Bunker proposed.

 

Lyon nodded quickly.

 

"Yeah, yeah! Yes! Achievement unlocked! Hoooooooot!" Lyon shouted and jumped really high. It was like five feet up into the air, which was enough to go past Bunker's height.

 

The Wallflower was astonished by how much leg power this girl had and she wasn't the only one. The other Summoners, who were near them, watched this short girl leap like a Kangaroo.

 

When Lyon landed onto her feet, she saw her new friend staring at her as if she was some magical creature.

 

"What's up, Bunker? You're staring at me funnily." The girl asked, earning a head shake from the other.

 

"No, I never thought you could jump that high..." Bunker uttered out, resembling a fish that just got out of the water with those widen eyes and those lips closing and opening.

 

Lyon rubbed the back of her head, bashfully.

 

"Ahh...really? Maybe it's 'cause I've always had some super jump strength when I was younger. Jumping trees and houses prepared me for the present." Lyon replied.

 

"That's amazing. I had never seen anyone who could do something like that." Bunker commented.

 

"Thanks Bunker! I think that is like the first compliment that you-"

 

"Excuse me, young Summoners. I would like your attention now." A voice boomed from the front stage, interrupting Lyon and Bunker's conversation. Lyon turned to glare at the man, who looks to be in his mid-twenties.

 

“And out of all the times that he could’ve spoken up…” Lyon grumbled but she quickly perked up when she heard Bunker giggle. It was cute and refreshing to hear besides this rude man.

 

“I apologize for my late arrival due to traffic. But now, I will now explain the F Summoner Exam or as we call it, the Entrance Exam. Each one of you will be called individually to receive your Mobs Watch, which will contain your Monsters’ Information as well as your own, and your very first Monster that could be any of the five Elements. We will be calling you by your Code Name for obvious reasons.” The Examiner stated and coughed to clear his throat.

 

“When your Code Name has been called, head over to the West Side of the Gym. There will be an announcer, who will calling out Code Names of people till they come or not. Once you underwent the process and have obtained the following things, then you will have to find a Summoner who also has a Monster in their possession and battle them. Whoever loses will be kicked out of this generation of new F Summoners while the winner will be able to become an F Summoner of SM Academy.” Again, he coughed.

 

“And that will be all. If you have any questions, then please come speak with me. Without any further ado, we shall begin the exam.” He ended his announcement and left the front stage.

 

Everyone became rowdy after knowing that they’ll, at last, get their awaited Monsters and Technology to use for them.

 

Lyon returned her attention to Bunker whose face looked like a child getting the candy that they wanted.

 

“Are you that happy, Bunker? Your eyes and smile are shining bright like a diamond.” Lyon laughed and it broke Bunker out of her trance. The latter became embarrassed for being caught in a daze and ducked her head to not allow Lyon to catch a glimpse of her red face.

 

“A-Am not!” The red-faced girl denied, but the corners of her ears were blushing.

 

“It’s not a bad thing, Bunker,” Lyon chuckled, “I think it’s cute, ya know?”

 

Bunker gazed at Lyon with a baffled face.

 

Thus, the latter quickly added, “Ahhhh, I didn’t mean that in a bad way, Bunker. It’s just good to see you with emotion than lone wolf Bunker, you know? I believe that a smile shows your comfortability with someone but I don’t think you are used to me yet. So...seeing your blushing face, it makes me glad. Is that odd?” Lyon showed a sheepish smile and Bunker shook her head.

 

“Butts! You’re first!”

 

“I think it is great to see you how much you value friends. I wish there are more people like you…” Bunker answered and there was a tiny glint in her eyes that reflects sorrow.

 

Lyon missed the undertone of her new buddy’s response and accepted with a proud nod.

 

“Glad to see you notice my fabulousness, Bunker!” She puffed up her chest, boastfully.

 

However, the girl was too caught up in her satisfaction that she didn’t notice when Bunker’s expression turn from calm to nervous. The latter even bit her lip as if to contain herself from speaking.

 

This time, Lyon did glance at Bunker whose silence was unwelcoming to her so the shorter one wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong. The latter saw Bunker nibbling at her bottom lip with her teeth.

 

“Bunker? Oi, did I say something wrong? I’m sorry.” Lyon was quick to apologize and wondered what did she do wrong since today wasn’t her day with extended prep time and her attitude that gets in the way. Sometimes.

 

The taller one blinked.

 

“Oh, no...you didn’t do anything. I was just thinking to myself.” Bunker waved off the girl’s apology.

 

“Chase, you’re next!”

 

“Hmmm, really? You sure were thinking hard if your lip is nearly bleeding.” Lyon pointed to the bruised bottom lip, making Bunker run her tongue over it and wincing at the sting of the slightly open cut.

 

“Oh wow, I didn’t even notice that I was doing that…” The girl mumbled.

 

Lyon shuffled closer to her and placed her hands over the girl’s, following her instincts.

 

“Don’t touch it, Bunky. You’re going to irritate it more, if you do…” She instructed and Bunker obeyed them by moving her and Lyon’s hands away.

 

Then, the girl realized something.

 

“Did you just call me...Bunky?” Bunker asked, trying to make sure she didn’t mishear.

 

“Yeah, a nickname to your Code Name. You like or nah?” Lyon awaited Bunker’s response whether it was negative or positive. Her mind became cloudy as she remained to get Bunker’s answer.

 

“I...I like it. Nobody has ever gave me a nickname before…” The anticipated reply was spoken and Lyon had the biggest grin that Bunker had seen yet.

 

“A-Awesome!” Lyon uttered out, shaking out of her reverie after sorting her scrambled mind. Her body was twitching to jump and hug the girl as to celebrate their new friendship but she held it in.

 

‘Another time…’ She told herself.

 

Lyon wasn’t able to hear everything that came out of Bunker’s mouth except for the last part.

 

“Wait...Bunky, no one ever gave you a nickname? So, I am the first one?” Lyon tilted her head, waiting with much curiosity.

 

“You’re the first, Lyon. My first friend…” Bunker declared, which does and does not surprise Lyon.

 

“Is it because of—”

 

“Bunker, you’re next!” The announcer yelled, cutting off what Lyon was trying to say. The latter smacked her tongue.

 

Bunker was about to head over but she looked at Lyon with worried expression

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter