So this is the end

So this is the end

~ So this is the end ~

 

Hara leaves the CEO’s office. She sighs deeply.

She’s done it. Her contract has officially ended today, and she had not renewed it.

 

Gyuri, Seunyeon and Youngji were waiting for her outside. Gyuri noticed Hara and smiled at her; but they both know it wasn’t a happy smile. Seungyeon also smiled at Hara, but Youngji only stared at her shoes.

 

The four of them walked back to their dorm in silence. Youngji immidiately went to her room, leaving the other three alone.

“I feel bad for her.” Hara said, feeling a bit guitly.

“Me too. But I think this is the best for us.” Gyuri responded bitterly.

“Yeah.”

“Well, let’s pack our stuff, we need to leave the dorm by tonight.” Seungyeon said, trying to sound cheerful. But the tears in her eyes betrayed her.

Gyuri and Hara decided to ignore it and agreed.  The remaining three also went to their rooms.

 

x

 

It was dinner time. Gyuri had ordered some kind of feast meal. All of the four members of KARA were gathered. Next to the dinner table were 3 packed suitcases and bags.

 

Gyuri cleared her troat. “I’d like to make a toast.”

The other three grabbed their glasses.

“This is our last meal as KARA, after 9 years.” She paused for a few seconds. “We’ve been through a lot, and I honestly didn’t thought this day would come so soon.”

Hara placed her hand on Gyuri’s arm.

“I still remember our first win, I was very happy then and also thankful. I love our kamilia and they will always have a deep place in my heart, and I’m sure it’s the same for you too.” The other three nodded, slightly smiling at the memories of their dear fans.

“But we also went through a lot of hardships. We’ve been through member changes; some left us, and some joined us. We’ve been through scandals and came back stronger. I’m really thankful to you, without you…” Gyrui teared up. “Without you… I wouldn’t be the Gyuri I am today. Without you I couldn’t have reached my dream..” Hara hugged Gyrui, also getting teary eyed.

“Even Youngji, who joined not too long ago, I’m very thankful to you. After the others left.. You gave us hope again, you’ve worked hard. We’re very proud of you.” And that was it for Youngji, she couldn’t hold her tears anymore.

Gyuri sniffed. “Even when KARA will part, I’ll… KARA will always be in my heart. I love you.” Gyuri’s voice cracked at the last sentence. Tears were now streaming down her face.

“Me too,” Seungyeon spoke up, her eyes also full of tears. “I love you all, thank you for being with me and keeping up with me all this time.”

Youngji also spoke up. “Even though I’ve joined not too long ago, the time I spent as KARA member was the happiest in my life.” Youngji cried. “I’ve tried my best for KARA and I’ll continue to do so. You were very kind to me and taught me a lot.. Even though I was lacking, you were all kind.. I-I wish you all the best of luck in the future, whatever path you will choose.. Fighting!” Youngji smiled through her tears, encouraging the ex-KARA members.

Hara wiped her tears away and then raised her glass.

“Then, let’s toast for the last time..”

The other three grabbed their glasses again and raised them.

“On KARA and on our futures,” Hara said. “Cheers!” the four of them shouted.

After that they all bursted in tears again, holding each other to prepare for their definitive goodbye.

 

 

x

 

 

The next day, Youngji woke up in an empty dorm.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you KARA ♥