Presence

9월 17일 (September 17th)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was the end of another very boring Computer Science lecture and Joohyun’s head was flat on the desk from the information overload. Seulgi took advantage of the situation by snapping a few photos with her phone for keepsake. She then patted the girl’s head gently, “Joohyun? Wake up…”

 

Stirring, Joohyun’s eyes fluttered open and she groaned, voice thick with sleep, “Is… is it over?”

 

“Yes, sleepyhead. Are you hungry?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Famished,” Joohyun sat up, straightened her clothes, and started stuffing all the materials into her bag.

 

“Me, too,” Seungwan rubbed her tummy and a faint growl could soon be heard.

 

Yerim and Sooyoung both chimed in, “We’re starving, too.”

 

“Let’s head to the cafeteria, then,” Seulgi suggested, and everyone expressed their agreement.

 

When they finally made it there, they realized how packed it was. Noisy throngs of students chatted away at the tables, utensils and glasses clinked, students carrying trays and trays of food were shuffling about here and there.

 

“Oh, boy…” Seungwan made a face.

 

As Joohyun was busy scanning the crowds in search of an empty table, a familiar face caught her attention.

 

Moon Hyuna.

 

She was seated at one of the tables with the basketball girls, laughing away at something one of them said. Damn, her smile was gorgeous as ever.

 

Reaching for Seungwan’s arm, Joohyun started, “Hey, isn’t that your sis--”

 

“There’s an empty table over there, guys! Those students are leaving! Follow me!” Sooyoung exclaimed and made a beeline for said vacant table. The rest dashed after her obediently.

 

All of them eventually got their own food and Joohyun hurriedly finished her question from before, “Seungwan, isn’t that your sister and her friends?”

 

Looking in the direction the girl was pointing, Seungwan nodded seconds later, “Yeah, it’s them. Ugh, if only this place wasn’t teeming with people.”

 

Even though she had a mouthwatering slab of chicken cutlet sitting in front of her, Joohyun could barely concentrate on the food. Being in the same vicinity as Moon Hyuna was somehow exhilarating. Joohyun observed the girl, captivated by every little thing she was doing; the way she ran her fingers through her hair,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter