Chapter 6// Half a Dozen Roses

Keeping my Sunshine

Youngsun's POV

"Sorry, Youngsun," Moonbyul says pulling away. "I have some raps to finish and tomorrow I have to wake up to go talk to some producers tomorrow. Maybe next time."

I stare at her longingly, as she gives me a teasing blow kiss. I grab her wrist and kiss her lips. "Call me when you get home."

"Will do," she smirks, walking off. 

I punch in my passcode and enter my apartment. I slip on my slippers, and walk to my laptop on my work desk. It was beeping with 2 notifications. E-mails from PDs. I open them. Turns out I have a CF shoot tomorrow. Sighing, I go to my bedroom, and lay there in my clothes. My phone chirps and I quickly retrieve it. It wasn't Moonbyul, it was Whee In. She had texted me about the CF shoot tomorrow.

I reply with a huff and then my phone buzzes. I answer it. "Hello?"

"So...the PD says we have to be prepared for a 2 day shoot. Pack up, alright,"  Wheein says assuringly.

"2 day?" I whine in annoyance. "What is there to achieve?"

"A lot. It is supposed to be transitional themed. Day to night. It is a watch theme. Plus, he wants you to record a song in the midst of it."

"Me? What about you?"

"I...have a better job than just being your background singer you know? I sort of take care of you, remember?"

I sigh. She does. Wheein has no choice right now, but to become my manager. My now former manager was an older unnie. She must have no time to keep up with my ridiculous schedule. I bite my lip anxiously. "So she really left me?"

"As your now manager, I am telling you yes. I now run your schedule and your life. I vow to make it easy and pleasing to you and you only," she assured me softly. But I wasn't buying it. "You just owe me 2% of your pay."

"I don't care. Just...Look I am awaiting a call," I tell her.

"Okay. Take care of yourself and pack lightly okay. " She hung up. 

I put on my pajamas and go into the kitchen to pour myself a cup of water. Wheein is now my manager. Wheein. The girl who I cheated on my girlfriend with way back when. I had worked with Wheein since college though. I should be used to her telling me about my schedule and much more. But she kept her distance. Now she pretty much owns my career. I know she is going to take care of me, but I am worrying about what she will try. She might try and date me.

I down the cup of water and toss it in the sink and return to my chirping phone. "Hi Moonstar."

"Babe, I am home. I called."

Her voice was so hoarse like earlier. It was from all her rapping earlier. I smiled a little at how cute it was. "That's good. I miss you already."

"Mmm...I miss you too..." Moonbyul purred. 

I blush. "Okay. I have a job in the morning. I can't deal right now. I love you, bye."

"I love you too," she coos and I hang up.

=========

The next morning, I was in the studio with PDs and Wheein. A new PD assigned to our company. She was a foreigner from America. She insisted we call her by her Korean name "Hee Gi". She was short and had dark brown eyes and violet hair. She spoke great Korean as well. Wheein eyed her with interest a little while talking to me about the plans for the shoot.

"I would put you on vocal rest, but we already recorded the song last week. And you have to lip-synch." She eyed her in the corner of her eye. I smiled a little. 

"Someone has a little crush on the new PD," I joke.

"Youngsun, don't joke like that. I like you a lot," she snaps. I roll my eyes. She clearly was getting over me. I should help her really get over me. 

"Well, she is pretty," I suggest, sweetly. "Foreigner. She looks Filipino."

"She is. Her great grandmother is," Wheein informs. I snicker.

"How do you know that?"

"I asked her." Wheein checked her keyboard, avoiding my knowing gaze forcefully. "Due make-up and costumes."

She leads me to my dressing room and the staff are in there waiting with their utensils and clothing. I get measured and Wheein watches over me with interest. How in denial could she be? The staff woman puts me in the stewardess dress and places the hat carefully on my head. Wheein begins gawking at me. 

"See something you like?" I flirt unconciously. "That PD girl wouldn't like this."

"Shut up," she sighs. I go onto the set as she watches over me. I look over to see the PD walking to Wheein. As she speaks, Wheein is hanging on every word. I want to play cupid so bad, but the camera men and directors arrange me in my place. I begin to follow the melody lightly as possible. I do a great job and I am escorted to the trailer.

I sit on the couch and review my script. I read over it heavily as Wheein and the new PD come in with some coffee and donuts. I grab a donut and some coffee. The new PD smiles widely. "You are very pretty."

"Thank you," I say.

Wheein smiled at the new PD. "Hee Gi-sshi, my Youngsun is the biggest CF star in Korea. "

"I know. I am a fan of Korean pop culure so I closely follow all the trends," Hee Gi rolls of in perfect Korean. 

Wheein is very encaptured. I peep at the way she smiles whenever Hee Gi laughed at a joke and how she tried to look good for me whenever I looked down at my script. Whee In was obviously trying to pursue me still, though she was losing interest. A knock on the door interupts us. Wheein stands up and gets it. She pays a guy, and then turns back to Hee Gi and I. She was holding half a dozen of roses. Oh wow.

"For you," she declares, handing me the flowers. They smelled good. There was a card wedged between between the wrapping. I think its Moonbyul. I excitedly open it. Wait. Moonbyul didn't know I was working the 2-day shift here. Plus she was busy herself. I flip open the pretty salmon stationary card and read it aloud.

"To my beloved Youngsun, the brightest star in the Solar system," I read off the font. It was classy. "Love, your Wheein-sshi." I look up at Wheein who is flustered. I guess I was wrong about Wheein. She was not getting over me any time soon...