Stare

Stare

“Byunghun did it again.”

“He’s been doing it a lot lately. I honestly thought that it was just a phase.”

“Does he think it isn’t noticeable? All the fans have been going crazy over it.”

Chanhee sighed as he overheard his fellow members gossiping in the practice room. They had just returned from their M Countdown performance and were currently taking a break in their practice room. Byunghun had gone to use the bathroom, which gave the other members a chance to talk.

“Hyung, you’ve noticed that he’s been doing it again, right? He started even before we announced our comeback.” Changhyun approached the older member who just chuckled in reply.

“Of course I’ve noticed, Changhyun. It’s hard not too especially when it’s nearly every time there’s an interview.”

“But you guys said that you were just friends.” Jonghyun piped in as he leaned against the wall, watching the door for any signs of the person they were talking about.

“As far as I know, we’re just friends.” Chanhee replied before laying himself on the ground, feeling exhausted after the day’s activities.

“Talk to him at the dorm later about this. We can’t have any scandals coming out from this.” Minsoo said as he nudged Chanhee with his foot. The lead vocalist only nodded in reply, staying silent.

“Hyung’s walking back here. Let’s get back to practice.” Niel said as he grabbed Chanhee’s arms, pulling him up.

Chanhee took a quick glance at Byunghun who smiled as he entered the room, causing the blonde to slightly blush.

He really needed to have a talk with Byunghun.

X

Chanhee stepped out of the bathroom, feeling refreshed after taking a long shower. As he was drying his hair with his towel, he noticed the youngest two members walking past him towards the bathroom.

“Are you two going to shower together?” Chanhee asked, smirking a bit as he turned to face them.

“Shut up, hyung!” Changhyun stuck his tongue out at Chanhee before closing the door. Chanhee could hear Jonghyun laughing from inside.

“Ah, to be young and in love.” Chanhee could only smile as he walked into his room, seeing Byunghun reading while lying in bed.

“Who’s young and in love?” Byunghun asked, not looking away from the book.

Chanhee wanted to reply saying himself, but he knew that was probably not the right time.

“Changhyun and Jonghyun. They went to go shower together.” Chanhee chuckled as he sat in his own bed, still drying his hair. He took a glance towards the rapper and smiled when he saw what book Byunghun was reading.

“Isn’t that my book?”

“Yeah, you recommended it before. So I thought it would be nice to read it.” Byunghun folded the corner of the page he was reading and closed the book, placing it aside as he turned to face Chanhee.

“Byunghun… Your habit has been starting up again. The other members say that it’s becoming obvious. Even some fans have started noticing it!” Chanhee blushed and refused to look at Byunghun.

“It’s not my fault. I’m only doing this because of you.” Byunghun replied, smiling when he noticed the blush on the blonde’s face.

Chanhee groaned and threw a pillow at Byunghun, feeling more embarrassed than before. The rapper continued to smile as he stood up from his bed and approached the older member. He gently pushed Chanhee down onto the bed, making sure to make enough room for himself next to him.

“I can’t help but stare at you. When you sing, when you dance, and even when you talk… I become so entranced by it.” Byunghun whispered as he wrapped an arm around Chanhee, who remained quiet.

This was their secret.

They had started officially dating months ago, during their Ah-Ah promotions. It was difficult to keep it a secret for this long, but they weren’t sure if they were ready to tell their fellow members. They wanted their privacy for the time being.

“I know, but the way you stare at me makes it seem like you want to eat me!” Chanhee whined, hiding his face with his hands. He was definitely as red as a tomato right now.

“Okay, I’ll try to control myself. But if I can’t stare at you in public, then at least let me do it in private.” Byunghun smirked as he climbed on top of Chanhee, settling himself on the blonde’s stomach.

“You’re heavy.” Chanhee whined, his hands automatically finding their way to the rapper’s waist.

“No I’m not.” Byunghun smiled and leaned in closer, staring at Chanhee with wide eyes.

“It’s weird if you’re just going to stare at me like that.”

Before Byunghun could reply, he was interrupted by a knock on their door. Letting out a loud groan, the rapper got off of his boyfriend and went to open the door. He was greeted by Changhyun who looked fresh out of the shower.

“Hyung! Trade rooms with me for tonight! Please?” The second youngest began to pout, trying to win over Byunghun.

“Why would I do that?” Byunghun replied, tilting his head as he questioned Changhyun.

“I need to talk to Chanhee hyung. It’s just for tonight! You two aren’t dating so there’s no need for you two to always share a room, right?” Changhyun smiled innocently, not noticing when Byunghun scowled at him.

“Okay. Fine. But if Jonghyun wakes up in the morning and needs someone to cuddle with him, I’m waking you up.” Byunghun mumbled, glancing at Chanhee as walked over to grab the book on his bed.

“Good night, Byunghun.” Chanhee waved goodbye, trying not to laugh as the rapper left the room.

“Good night, squirrel.” Byunghun smirked, hearing Chanhee’s objections to the nickname.

Changhyun then entered the room, settling himself on Byunghun’s bed as he looked over at the blonde. He had a strange feeling that he had interrupted something important for the 93-line.

“Are you sure that you and Byunghun hyung are just friends?”

Chanhee chuckled softly and smiled, “You will learn soon enough.”

--

Finished! I’ve been inspired by Byunghun’s habit of staring at Chanhee. There have been many moments lately and it makes me so excited! Hehe.

Thanks for reading!