Butterfly

Butterfly

*Please listen to this song while reading

Bts-Butterfly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfKYWOUlq1o

The South Korean band BTS were playing at a small venue in Daejeon, South Korea. It was beautiful outside, the sun was shining bright, the cherry blossoms were pink and merry. Snow laying on the ground from the previous night. The sky as bright as it could be. They were a rebel band, none of their family members wanted them to go into music. They mostly wanted them to go into business. But hey, being a doctor wouldn’t be too bad.

This wasn’t their debut, they were practically professionals. They even had been scouted by an entertainment company called Big Hit Entertainment. They tried to coax them by saying, “Oh, your band has an aptitude for music, you could make it big time in kpop.” It didn’t work though.

Their band consisted of eight members, four were rappers and four were singers. Namjoon, the brunette rapper, their leader the eldest, most responsible they claimed. Honestly he had the mental capacity of a three year old. Then there was Jin the black haired lead singer, he was the over nagging, trying to be cool but failing miserably eomma (Mom). Then came Hoseok and Suga, they were twins, they have an metal capacity of an eight year old, fastest rappers in the group. Hoseok was a brunette and Suga was a blonde, they looked nothing alike. Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung, the singing triplets, Jimin the redhead flirt, Jungkook the brunette moody maknae (The youngest), and Taehyung brunette the 4d alien. Lastly Youngjae the blonde lead singer, he was very charming as is, his biggest fear was being in a car crash.

Mid-way through the show, they were about to sing the song Butterfly. Youngjae stood up and mentioned.

“ Our next song is called Butterfly is about not wanting to lose a loved one and how much they mean to us. We’d like to dedicate this song to all our fans and our loved ones. And to the recent loss of one of our friends, Alice Tuan.“ The Jin started to strum. The guitar started, then the piano and the violin, then the vocalists, the song began.

아무것도 생각하지 , 마넌 아무 말도 꺼내지도 마, 그냥 내게 웃어줘

Don’t think of anything, don’t say anything, not even a word, just give me a smile.

    While Youngjae was introducing the song, an angry and terrifying young woman scarier than an saesang fan, having no jams and Godzilla combined into one. There was fire in her eyes. No one dared question her motives. Except the poor security guard who got kneed in the place where the sun don’t shine.  She stormed through the dressing room and onto the stage.

난 아직도 믿기지가 않아, 이 모든 게 다 꿈인 것 같아, 사라지려 하지마

I still can’t believe it, All of this seems like a dream, Don’t try to disappear

All the boys saw her except for Youngjae, they moved out of her way because you don’t mess with

a woman on a mission. She started to scold him as she dragged him by his ear.

“CHOI YOUNGJAE, what happened to the library? Wait until mom hears about this!” When she was halfway across the stage, Youngjae ripped his ear out of her grip and stated a firm no.

“I won’t let you take me, I want to go into music. This is my life to live not yours. No one can tell me how to live my life.” Youngjae responded back.

“ Youngjae, just go with you sister, it’ll be fine. We’ll just wrap up the show and come to get you later.” Jin stated calmly, the other boys nodded in agreement.

“SHE ISN’T EVEN MY REAL SISTER.” Youngjae screamed. The room fell silent. Not even that obnoxious guys who always making those weird noises in background while eating. She let out a couple of tears.

“That’s it you're coming home.” She grabbed his arm and twisted it, while dragging him outside. There looks of pity for them both, and fear. She remembered that she had handcuffs in her car because she’s a cop. She cuffed his hands over the handlebar above the car. The car ride was silent. No one moved or made a sound, all you could here was occasionally breathing. The tension was so thick you could cut a knife though it.

    When they were about to go over a bridge that’s above the highway, Youngjae picked his foot up and slammed on the gas pedal. She was startled, then she tried to get him off, but they weren’t paying attention to the road. Suddenly there was a screech and a crash.

    They had crashed into a bridge that overlooked the highway, their car just dangling on the side. If one were to move slightly the car would have fallen. She was ejected from the car. She woke up. Everything looked hazy.  She could faintly hear the screams of her brother. She couldn’t move as if she was frozen in time.

    “누나 (Noona or older sister) HELP! PLEASE HELP ME! 누나!” Youngjae cried. But she couldn’t  hear him.  Then she collapsed in the middle of the road. She fell unconscious. Youngjae worried about his noona. He tried to get out of the cuffs but to no avail. The car started to tilt to right. He tried to wiggle free. He made a wrong move. The car fell down. His shrieks could be heard as he fell. Until it stopped at the bottom. Then a cargo truck came speeding forward.

    Three years later, Suji woke up from her deep slumber by an annoying alarm clock. She felt around for her dog, she finally found her trusty and loyal companion. His name was Baekhyun, he would always lead her around. She felt around for the alarm clock and threw it at the wall.

    “ Seriously that is the third alarm clock this month, how do you still manage to hit it at the wall in the same dent?” Her mom scolded. She just ignored her. She got up, took a shower, and ate breakfast. Today was a sad day. It was the anniversary of Youngjae’s death. She the radio as BTS came on. BTS was Youngjae’s old band. When he died they were probably the most affected other than my family. They were best friends for over 15 years. In his memorial they accepted Big Hit Entertainments offer and became Kpop Idols.

    At breakfast they were conversing as per usual. Then suddenly Suji’s moms tone became serious with a hint of nervousness

    “ Suji, your brothers band BTS are playing a memorial concert for Youngjae tonight, they gave us tickets and they were hoping you would come.“ Her mom muttered.

    “ No, It is my fault he died anyways, I know his band members secretly hate me for killing their best friend.” Suji retorted as she got up, went up to her room and slammed the door.

    That night at the BTS concert, they were just about to finish when Jungkook started to talk.

“ Our last song for tonight is called Butterfly. This song is dedicated to Youngjae. I miss you, I wish we could have done so much more together. We are where we now because of you. 사랑해! ( Saranghae, I love you!)” At the end of the song almost all of the fans, members and even some of the staff members were crying.

Meanwhile, Suji was in her room thinking about the accident. While clutching his photo she slowly cried herself to sleep.


A/N 

Hi this the author, please check out my other books. Possibly a imagines book is comming, if anyone has a wattpad account follow me. Kpanda888