Just Chanyeol

Homeless

“Wonderful, wonderful! And that’s a wrap!”

 

Applause echoed throughout the empty yet crowded warehouse before people bustled around, gathering their belongings and equipment, ready to call it a day after a grueling, long photoshoot. A lone man stood in the middle of the photoshoot, holding onto a banner that had the phrase “Home is where the Seoul is” obnoxiously plastered across it.

 

Park Chanyeol was his name. Seoul’s most handsome and most successful realtor - in the public’s eye, of course.

 

“Thank you.” Chanyeol said as a staff member handed him a water bottle before scurrying off, face reddened.

 

It had happened so quickly. It had been a year ago when he was showing a newly married couple a house in the heart of Seoul, smiling like usual, and had been completely unaware of an intrigued teenage girl who was passing by. The girl had took a picture of him and posted on her SNS about the handsome realtor in her neighborhood, only for the post to go viral with people exclaiming how good looking he was and wondered which agency he was working for.

 

How the media found him, he had no idea, but the next day, his boss had called him and told him to work at home that day since journalists had managed to find him and were crowding around their building, wanting an interview with the fresh faced agent. Of course, he couldn’t hide in his home for long. If his smile had managed to capture the internet, his voice managed to capture the entire country when a journalist finally managed to get an interview with him.

 

And just like that, Park Chanyeol, a normal, simple man who had failed his real estate test twice before getting his license and struggled to make his sales quota every month, had become Park Chanyeol, the most handsome realtor of Seoul and the new face of the real estate world. He had also managed to be hired for a couple of commercials which paid him tremendously well and gained him even more popularity.

 

Chanyeol sighed as he gently placed the banner down on a nearby table and shrugged off his suit jacket. Beads of sweat trickled down his chin as the light he had been standing underneath for the past four hours continued to beam down on him. He took a quick gulp from the water bottle before making his way over to his manager, Kyungsoo. It was still a foreign concept to him, being a real estate agent who was used to being his own boss and making his own schedule, having a manager after his popularity exploded. Then again, he was grateful towards the shorter and knew Kyungsoo respected his privacy when wanted and let him manage his own schedule from time to time.

 

“Great job today. Now, let’s go.” Kyungsoo said once he sensed the taller approaching him and swiftly his feet, not even bothering to glance up from his phone.

 

As much as Chanyeol appreciated Kyungsoo, he had to admit, the shorter always intimidated him with his straightforward personality and ability to keep a pokerface on twenty-four hours a day. Every day of the week.

 

Nonetheless, he swiftly followed behind, not wanting to anger his manager and deal with his passive aggressive comments.





 






 

Chanyeol let out a groan as his apartment door swung open and stumbled into his humble abode. He fell onto his couch and smiled, happy to finally be in his comfortable pad where he could just be himself. As much as he appreciated the love and support he received, Chanyeol missed the days where he didn’t have to worry about being watched constantly and would be able to do as he freely pleased.

 

His old, one bedroom, one kitchen, one bathroom apartment had been upgraded to a penthouse suite, his bus pass had been switched for a pair of car keys, and his two tuxedo suits he owned had been thrown out for a closet full of fitted brand name suits. Chanyeol was extremely grateful to finally taste success however…

 

The realtor sighed as he sat up from his couch and stared around his empty penthouse. The sun was setting, illuminating the room with rich colors and yet, he felt so empty. In his old room, Chanyeol felt comfortable regardless of the small, enclosed space and never felt lonely since the walls were paper thin and he had been able to hear his college student neighbor curse like no tomorrow while playing Overwatch. However, in his new suite, the cold and soundless room welcomed him everyday. There was no grandma across the hallway, feeding him warm cookies every Saturday. There was no college student next door, cursing at an offense Symmetra player. There was no family of three living above him to stomp on the floor.

 

It was just Chanyeol.

 

 



a/n: sorry. I've been having such a bad writers block for this fic. I've started an update and erased it about ten times and to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm still quite satisfied with this new update but let's see how it goes, shall we? Usually I write best when I don't have a plot in mind and just wing it and free write and somehow, it connects in the end so.. yah. 

This first chapter is super short, I know. But I've been making you guys wait for so long, I wanted to give you guys something. Like I said, I've decided to change this fic around so you'll notice it's really different from before. Thank you for being with me