Dragon (Junjin)

Dragon

She felt really nervous and excited at the same time, and probably all the other people around her felt the same way.
It was the first time for her that she was at a fan-meeting, and she would actually meet Shinhwa. On one hand she was really happy to finally meet them, on the other hand she was wondering what the hell she was doing here, it would've been just fine to only see them on stage. However the girl standing next to her had begged her to come as well, she just met her for the first time in person yesterday, but they where friends for a couple of years already on the internet because they where both Shinhwa Changjo from other country's. Yesterday was the first concert of Shinhwa they had been to because it was always so far away for them, and today there was a surprise fan-meeting.
The girl standing next to her asked "Vanessa, can you see something? It's about time now.", because Vanessa was taller than most of the other people here she could see the front of the line better, "I'm not sure" she says "I don't really see any real movement at the front". "Ugh" the other girl, named Sara sighed "I can't wait any longer. I want to meet them already." and she smiled. Vanessa rolled her eyes "Well, I'm just fine standing right here." then she added "But don't forget to ask that question, please. I've wanted to find out for years now.". Sara laughed "It's still funny, you don't even dare to ask them a question, but don't worry i won't forget.", Vanessa sighed and thought to herself "I won't even be able to look them in the eyes".
Suddenly they heard excited screaming and yelling coming from the front, Vanessa looked up "Yup, here we go. The doors just opened." she said, and the waiting line started to move. When they finally got inside the conference room, where the fan-meeting was held, they saw a long table and 6 chairs behind it at the other end of the room where the members of Shinhwa would be sitting in a bit. The waiting line zigzagged true the room so everyone would be able to see Shinhwa while they waited for their turn to great them and get their signatures. When the conference room was filled and there was no one outside anymore they closed the doors, the room fell silent in anticipation. Sara was trying to stand on her toes so she could see better, and Vanessa was craning her neck to see if the guys where coming already.
After only a few minutes they came walking in from the side door, the room filled with screams and yelling when Eric, Minwoo, Dongwan, Hyesung, Junjin and Andy walked in and stood behind their seats. They waited a bit for the screaming to calm down before they did their usual greeting "Anyeong haseyo, we're Shinhwa!", the fans called back "Anyeong haseyo, Shinhwa san!". After introducing themselves one by one they took their seats and the security guards at the front let the fans true slowly to walk past the table where they got their autograph's and shake hands with the members.
The line progressed really slow, but finally after 30 minutes Vanessa and Sara where on the last zigzag and had a clear view of Shinhwa who were still smiling happily while shaking hands and making small talk with the fans passing the table. Vanessa elbowed Sara "Don't forget to ask in a bit", Sara responded a bit annoyed "yes, yes." while keeping her eyes on the guys, Vanessa who was still not satisfied added "And make clear that it's about why it's a dragon, not why the tattoo.". Sara finally turned to her "I know, you told me plenty of times now. Just be happy that Andy is sitting next to him and hope he can translate.". Vanessa nodded her head "Yeah, i hope he wants to." then she laughed "Aren't you happy with me now? Thanks to me you get to talk to Andy as well.", at that Sara laughed also "You always see everything from the bright side, don't you?!".
They where almost at the end of the line and Vanessa started fidgeting "I don't know about this Sara...maybe i'll just wait here for you..." she looked around nervously. Sara looked at her surprised "You're really serious are you?" Vanessa nodded silently and embarrassed. Sara then grabbed her by the arm and firmly said "I won't let you, you'll regret it later! You won't have to talk to them, you only need to give them the cd to sign and nod your head in greeting....and smiiiilllleeee.", she dragged the last word out to emphasize it. Vanessa took a deep breath "Yes..ok...i can do it...aish, sometimes i find myself so annoying.", Sara laughed at that "You'll be fine, just follow me now." and they walked up to the table where the Shinhwa members were sitting.

When they got to the table Andy and Junjin looked up, they just finished talking to the girl that was in front of Sara and now focused their attention to her.
Sara and Vanessa bowed their heads simultaneously to greet them, both of the guys nodded and Junjin said "Anyeong haseyo". Sara replied with saying "Hello, nice to meet you.", to make clear they didn't understand Korean. "Aahh..H-hello" Junjin said, then he looked at Andy like he wanted to say he should do the talking now. Andy who didn't need the hint asked "Where are both of you from?", "I'm from New Zealand." Sara answered and Vanessa said " and I'm from western Europe.", Sara looked surprised at her, Vanessa shrugged her shoulders as if saying she didn't know either why she just answered herself. "Wow...that's pretty far away." Andy exclaimed and then told Junjin who also seemed to be amazed, he then went on "But i thought you would be from the same country, how do you know each other?". "Well, we actually met thanks to you. We got to know each other on the internet because we're both Shinhwa Changjo." Sara explained. After Andy told Junjin he looked proud and stuck both his thumbs up. Sara looked at Andy and said a bit embarrassed now "Uhm, actually we have a question for Junjin, could you maybe translate?", Andy grinned and nodded "Sure, what is the question?".
"Well" Sara said, and she glanced at Vanessa who shook her head, she then went on "uhmm, we were curious why he has a dragon tattoo..uhm, why it's a dragon actually.", Andy blinked in surprise and translated to Junjin, who then also looked surprised and said something short to Andy. Andy then looked back at Sara "He thinks i must've misunderstood, you want to know why it's a tattoo of a dragon right?" Vanessa nodded her head without thinking. Andy talked to Junjin again who was now eyeing Vanessa, luckily she didn't notice because she was mostly staring at the table.
Finally he gave an explanation, "Dragons represent strength, therefor i wanted a dragon as a tattoo". To Vanessa it seemed to be a little bit to 'politically correct' or like an official statement, in other words not an honest answer, but maybe that was because she was actually a bit disappointed with it. Sara thanked them both and gave her cd first to Andy to sign, and then to Junjin. Vanessa did the same, she bent over to give her cd to Andy and said "Thank you very much". She then went over to Junjin, when she bent over to give her cd his arm came up and he caught her necklace, that was dangling from her neck, between his fingers. It startled her so much that she looked up at him, he was curiously looking at her necklace, he then looked back at her while letting go of the necklace "Almost same." he said with a smile on his face. Shocked she quickly searched true her memories while thinking "I wouldn't have...i wouldn't...", she grabbed the necklace herself, her eyes went wide when she felt which one she was wearing. She couldn't believe it "Of all the dragon necklaces i have, why did i put on this one this morning??!!", it was a necklace of a dragon, almost in the same shape as Junjin's tattoo.
She could feel her face getting red, feeling that she needed to explain she exclaimed "No no...i had this one long before i even heard of you guys", she looked at Andy hoping he wouldn't be to busy to translate, luckily he did explain to Junjin. Vanessa went on "I didn't know i was wearing this one today, i didn't mean to!", after Andy told Junjin he responded back while laughing, and Andy said "He says it's ok, don't worry about it he actually likes it. It's a nice coincidence.". Vanessa didn't know what to do anymore, then Junjin said while pointing at Sara "Question, was yours.". Vanessa nodded and managed to say "Yes", he then went on in broken English "You like dragon?", again she nodded and said "yes", "Why?" he asked. That question startled her, she couldn't answer that with a simple yes or no, "uhm..." she timidly started "they're beautiful", he looked questioningly at her so she tried in her best Korean "Yong yepuida" ("dragons pretty"). He gave her a big surprised smile "aahh, yes.", seeing his smile directed at her her legs almost gave out, the only thing she could think about now was getting out of there, she bowed a few times while saying "well then...", and turned to leave. She heard Junjin's soft laugh and him saying "Kwiyupta" ("cute"), she stiffened for a second hearing that, he laughed again softly as if he had seen that she understood.
Then s
he stormed past the other members and Sara, who was waiting near the end of the table, towards the exit.

When she was outside she took a few deep breaths of fresh air to calm herself down and leaned against the wall to catch her breath.
A few minutes later Sara caught up with her "Are you alright?" she asked, Vanessa nodded, then she handed Vanessa a cd and said "You left it on the table. The other guys also signed it for you, they were a bit worried though. They asked me if you where going to be alright....i told them you would.". Vanessa looked up "Thank you very much.".

--END--

----------------------------------------

My first (written) one shot...i hope you liked it. Please let me know. :)
I thought of this one when i actually realized that one of my necklaces is indeed almost shaped the same as Junjin's tattoo ... :O