"Nope. It's six months old."

hello, my best friend's neighbour

Jimin looks around the compartment of the building, the old paint chipping off the wall and the two light bulb lighting up the hallway, a small letter post on the wall beside the door.

He looks at the letter embodied on the door, 1432, and shrugs before knocking on the door. He runs his finger through his sunset hair as he waits, chewing on his lower lip. It's been quite a long time since he's seen Taehyung in a flesh except for the late night Skype talks and video calls. He only knows that Taehyung loves ruining his hair with countless of hair dye and that he's grown thinner for the past few months after he moved in this building.

"Hold on a sec," he hears from behind the door, a low deep rumble of a voice, hinted with a tinge of sleepiness and wryness, and Jimin blinks confusingly. That suspiciously doesn't sound like Taehyung, he muses. Wait--

The door clicks open, and Jimin holds his breath when it opens halfway, a guy with light flaxen hair and pale white skin, around his height and dressed in a long black cardigan, stands at the other side, a pale hand holding onto the frame of the door, one hand sneaked inside the loose clothe around his belly, and he looks equally as surprised as Jimin is.

"Oh."

"Who're you?" the guy asks, wrapping the clothe tighter around his stomach, almost protectively, and Jimin's eyes wander unconsciously towards it, and belatedly realizes that his belly is round, too big for a skinny looking guy like him, bulging under the thin clothe of his white tee, right under his abdomen--Oh.

Jimin gapes, the guy cringes at his expression.

Oh.

"He's gotta be strong, and he's gotta be some, and he's gotta be--" another door, opposite of them, opens and a voice sing songs behind them, casual and void of the awkward tension between the two, Jimin turns to look at the person in time to meet eye to eye with a lilac haired guy shrugging into his hoodie.

“Taehyung,” he squeaks, the said person glancing up from where he’s digging up something in his knapsack, grinning when cat-like eyes recognizes his features. “Jiminnie!” he says, jumping forward into an unsuspecting Jimin, hugging the poor guy in a tight bear hug.

“Good to see you, man! Where have you been? I’ve been waiting for you for like an hour,” Taehyung says in an exciting manner, squeezing the other's neck as Jimin swings him side to side, obviously happy despite the man standing at the other door, amused at their antics. Like old lovers finally met each other after a long separation.

"I was here! I got up and, wait--" Jimin puts him down, stares at the numbers on Taehyung's door before looking back at the man and at Taehyung back. "Fourteen thirty--one?" he whispers, Taehyung blinking confusingly at him. His eyes beam at the same time as the man's lips twitch upwards in humour as the realization clicks in his head and Taehyung doubles over in laughter, Jimin blushing dark red at this.

"You mistook hyung's home as mine? Hahaha!" Jimin scratches his neck at the absurdity, Taehyung squeezing his shoulder as he crows, the said 'hyung' tapping his fingers over the wooden piece of his door frame, his sharp eyes twinkling in amusement.

"Haha, I guess..." Jimin trails embarrassingly, darting his eyes back and forth from a very delighted Taehyung to the snickering guy, still holding onto his stomach.

"Hoh, this is amusing. Hey, Yoongi hyung, did Jimin woke you up? You look like you just got out of bed," the said Yoongi looks a bit startled at the sudden mention of his name at the moment. Now that Taehyung had mentioned it, his hair--Jimin belatedly realizes--is roughly tousled at the right side of his head, like he had just slept on his right side when Jimin knocked on his door, a hint of sleepiness clinging to the corners of his eyes and he rubs at them with the heel of his palm, and Jimin groans internally because oh this guy is so cute how can anyone look so cute in the ing morning.

"Yeah, kinda. I thought who the hell is tryna knock my door down because the last time that happened, it was you when you were dead drunk with this dude from block B," he supplies, eliciting a sheepish giggle from Taehyung as Jimin throws him a look.

"We got too excited. Jeongguk couldn't really handle two bottles of beer even when he declares he's way past that level--oh wait! Jiminnie, this is Min Yoongi hyung, two years resident of room 1432 block A who is grumpy granpa as hell but is actually a very cute marshmallow bear," Taehyung introduces, gently tugging Yoongi out of the safety confine of his threshold, who reluctantly steps out, legs cladded in black tights and feet socked in black and white stripe socks, standing awkwardly beside Taehyung, and Jimin (begrudgingly) notes that he is about as tall as he is, the top of his head only reaches Taehyung's ear.

"Hey, Yoongi hyung," Jimin greets, although a bit sheepishly despite his cheeky calm tone. Yoongi raises a hand as an acknowledgement, lips still in that stoic thin line.

"Hyung, we're going to the shopping complex for a bit. You want something?" Taehyung asks. Yoongi quickly shakes his head, before clearing his throat. "It's fine. Thanks, kid."

His voice is deep, an obvious contrast to his (cute) pale face, which Jimin finds oddly endearing. "Okay, then we'll be heading then. See you later, hyung."

Taehyung bids Yoongi goodbye and drags Jimin with him to the elevator, Jimin catching a glimpse of him hasting into his apartment before disappearing into the walls of the elevator.

"Your friend?"

"Yea. I met him when I first moved in here. He was pretty grumpy and scary as hell at the time, buttt," Taehyung drawls at the end, making to wrap a scarf around his neck. "He's actually a huge fluffy marshmallow. Why?"

"And, his belly..." Jimin says, feeling overly awkward at the moment for trying to ask such a weird thing. "Is that, is that...new?"

"Oh, that?" Taehyung presses. "Nope. It's 6 months old."

"Oh , really?" Jimin hisses. "I thought the whole preggo guy in the USA was a cruel joke. Didn't know it actually..."

"Oh yes, it happened. The docs said it's impossible for guys to get pregnant, but it happened. It happened and it's rare, like a guy in a whole two million others could, but it could be anybody. It's kinda a special case," Taehyung says, stopping when he suddenly yawns.

"So, he's...?"

"Yea," Taehyung nods. He looks like he's about to continue elaborate, which Jimin honestly would have prefer instead of this, blinking blankly a few times before casting a playful glare at him, Jimin raising an eyebrow at him in return. "Why're you so suddenly interest in him?"

"Can't a guy ask about your pregnant neighbor?"

"The last time you ever ask me about someone, you ended up banging em' in the store of my workplace."

"I...can't argue with that."

"Then what's so special about Yoongi hyung?" Taehyung turn to face him when they have stepped out of the lobby lounge, the streets bustling with cars and people rushing around in uniforms. It's Monday morning, the dreadful day of the week.

"Well, it's my first time seeing a guy actually pregnant. Don't tell him that."

"Nah, he wouldn't take it," Taehyung shrugs. "He had gone to the convenience store in the daylight one day in loose sweater and tights in his five months of pregnancy, and a kid standing beside him at the traffic pole had asked him why a pregnant girl like him was walking around without a guidance."

"Oh god."

"I know," the fair haired boy snickers, pulling out his flip phone and punching a few buttons. "He laughed it out, though. He was too fair skinned and thin for a guy, and he was carrying a fetus, so he just ruffled his hair and talked to him in the lowest octave he could mustered up. Scared the kid to death. I'm gonna call Jeongguk, see if he can come pick us up."

 

 

hey guys! sorry for this very VERY VERY late belated update. good news is, I'M ALIVE

but yea for just a while bc this sunday i'm about to get under the knife, some medical issue and this is probably the first REAL BTS based fic that i've updated so far after almost half a year hibernating so until before i gotta run for the hosp i'll see if i can update my stories as much as i can bc lazy as i am i'm still pretty much active in writing dowm my fics, just haven't gotten around to post them. i'm so sorry for the delay and i can't even make any promises but just one thing: JIMIN IN SPRING DAY AND NOT TODAY JUST KILLS ME THOUSANDS OF TIMES THAT BUDDLE OF FLUFFS JUST