+00

The Chronicle of The 8

 

 

Her eyebrows raised up once her eyes caught an unfamiliar person inside the class who was walking around, looking for a desk. "Who is she?" She furrowed her eyebrows deeper while pitching her eyes at the girl's name tag. She was pretty sure there's no one in the class named Krystal Jung. This Krystal girl had a long brown wavy hair, oval face, pink lips, small nose, slim body, — she's just perfect. She was. She is.

The one which was named Krystal Jung stopped for a second. "My name is Krystal Jung. Stop staring at my name tag. Are you having some kind of myopia?" The girl asked while standing next to an empty desk. Her bag had placed on the chair. The bag looked so small that it wouldn't fit more than 3 books. 

But she was cold as ice. Tch.

"Ah. Are you the new transferred student? We've been waiting for you since last semester." Kang Seulgi took a seat next to her. She hung her bag on the right side of the desk. "You should hang your bag too, Krystal."

"Well, there were a couple things I had to do in my previous school." She answered with a low voice while hanging her bag. "You haven't told me your name. You should have treated me well since I'm a new student here. Like, maybe," Krystal glanced. "Introducce yourself first before taking a seat." 

Seulgi stiffly stood up. "You're right." The atmosphere turnt awkward. Seulgi was the most awkward student in the class though. "My name is Kang Seulgi. The assistant of the class. I always come to school early to prepare stuff." She shrugged, then continued. "That's all about me. I'm sorry for what I did. If you need help, don't worry to ask me." She bowed. 

Krystal held her hand out. "My name is Krystal." 

Seulgi stood straight then took Krystal's hand. "O...kay. Nice to meet you, Krys."

Once the ice princess sat down, Seulgi followed her.

It was six past thirty. The school started at seven in the morning so it was kinda early to come at this time. Seulgi opened her bag's zipper to take a map and a pencil case. She took out a piece of paper from the map then wrote something down on it. Once, she checked on Krystal who was cupping her face, staring straight to the white board blankly.

 

"Damn it." 

.

.

.

"Eo, Kai." Seulgi raised her head to see the male student who just came in with a pissed off face. Kai had been Seulgi's friend since they're born. Both of them lived as neighbours and classmates even though they weren't really close to each other (they said, but it was a total lie). Seulgi was a type of girl who spent most of the time with thick books, highlighters, dictionaries and those kind of things meanwhile Kai was a type of boy who spent his life with video games and computer stuff. "Gosh you smell like scum."

"Shut up." His long legs brought him towards Seulgi. "My pen?" Without any hesitation, Kai snatched Seulgi's opened pencil case, choosing a pen for him. "Blue, hm, I love blue." 

Krystal who was dozing off suddenly got back to her sense when she saw Kai. On the other hand, Kai freezed. Seulgi? Don't mind her, she was busy with her paper.

 

Suddenly Kai said something, it was numbers. "010xxxxx9401" 

"Sorry?" Krystal gawked.

"Call me."

"Hell no."

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Get back to your seats!!! Stand up!!!"

Yoongi was the name of the xi-b class president. He might not be as tall as Kai or the boys in the class. But he got the aura of a leader.

"Greetings!"

"Annyeonghaseyo!!!"

 

The bald math teacher, Mr. Jay they called him, smiled widely showing his perfect white teeth. He once told them a story about his experience of wearing dental braces and having oral problems and some surgeries so it made sense that he was so proud of his teeth then.

"Okay, have a seat." Mr. Jay let them took a seat. His eyes wandered around the class until it stopped on Krystal Jung. "Looks like you guys get a new hot girl in the class."

He's right. Right after Kai came into the class, the next following male students who came in stole glances at Krystal. Even one of them took a picture of her with his handphone. The female students? They were all jealous. A bunch of girls known as the bit×hes of the class gathered around Krystal, asking this and that, was her free on weekend, which make up brand did she use, and more boring questions. But Krystal was just ignoring them, and kept the cold looking face.

Seulgi turnt her head to see Krystal who was already walking through the students to the front of the class. She stood next to Mr. Jay and introduced herself. The students clapped their hands after the introductions and Kai who was seated behind Seulgi whistled a lot.

"Alright. You can go back to your seat, Krystal. Calm down, everyone. Open your book page 107, Seulgi can you share your book with Krystal? Good. We're gonna do some exercises about......"

 

Seulgi moved her chair slowly towards Krystal. "You don't have to." She whispered. "I'm gonna take a nap. Do you have any text books?" Seulgi lent her one. She opened it up and made the textbook stood in front her to cover her sleeping face.

 This girl, really....

"Sshh..." When Seulgi turnt her head back to face Kai, she saw him putting his index finger on his lips. "Let the princess sleep you dwarf."

"Dwarf?!"

"Kang Seulgi! One!" Mr. Jay shouted.

"Oh. Yessir."