001

Crown
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

     I took off the angel's halo and put a crown on my heart

      Placing the paper inside the box, he limped down the hallway. His eyes shows no emotions whatsoever as he open his bedroom door where he took off his blazer and threw it on the floor. He continued to limp towards his bathroom where he open the shower door. His face remained blank, lips tightly pressed into a firm line as he open the tap, turning the shower on with still his white buttoned down shirt still on. His bruises are visible on his face; both old and new. The water lightly hit them, stinging his cheeks but he stood still, showing no reaction. Slowly he lifted his hand on his button down shirt and ed it; taking it off after. He bent his head down, eyes closed as the water runs and washes the saltwater and sands off of him. 

***

    The curtain engulf her face, making it hard for him to find her. A smile slowly tugs on his lips as he saw her peek around the corner of the curtain, her hair falling to the side. 

"I can see you," he said and she laughed, pulling the curtain away and smiled widely at him. He chuckled and shook his head, the game of hide and seek reaching its peak. He watches her closely, taking in her beauty, her lips, her eyes and her smile. That smile that can lit up the whole room. 

She leaned in closer to him, her hair making a curtain around his face. His hands wrapped around her waist, bringing her closer to him before turning her around. She lay there, him on top of her as he hold onto her tightly, his lips and nose pressed against her cheek and she closes her eyes in content. 

***

Every tear is a diamond embedded in my memory

    As memories of her continued to replay in his mind, his hand pressed against the wall, bending his head down and letting the water drip down his face. He parted his lips, and then closes his eyes again. He stayed there like that for a minute before turning off the tap and getting out of the bathroom with a towel draped around his waist. Same old daily routine, he thought as he walked towards his closet, his eyes roaming to the rows of blazers hanging on his closet. He chose a random one and puts it on, heading towards the shoe section. He randomly pick one even though they all look the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter