Gone

Gone

Looking out the floor-to-ceiling windows, Miyong felt Minho come up behind her. She kept her focus on the sunset, which was a salmon-pink with ribbons of clouds tinged with orange. Minho back-hugged her. There was no response.

"Sweetheart, please talk to me," he pleaded. At this, she turned to face him.

"Alright, let's talk. Let's talk about you."

He led her to the couch and as he sat down, he pulled her onto the couch right next to him and put his arm around her. Miyong turned to him,

"So, did you enjoy the staff  party at your company last night?"

"Yes, I did. Why?"

"I just wanted you to take me with you," Miyong pouted, looking up at him through her lashes. "I really wanted to be there too, that's all."     

"Miyong, we've talked about this. I can't take you with me to too many places or people will start to suspect. There's a few rumours going around now already," Minho tried to explain, running his hand through his hair. "I thought we had already gone through this."

"We have. But I can't take it anymore. I only see you when you're not on a shedule. And when you're not on a schedule, I can't even go places with you. I'm sorry but I'm leaving. I just can't do this!" she cried, standing up and walking to their shared bedroom. Grabbibg the suitcase she had packed earlier, she slipped her jacket on, Minho following behind her. 

"Miyong-ah, wae? What are you taking about? Please don't leave! I need you here. You're my wife! Please don't leave," he ended, whispering, as he grabbed her wrist. He spun her around to face him and caught her face between his hands. He kissed her tears away, then looked into her eyes. "You won't leave, will you?"     

"You're right, Minho. I am your wife. I shouldn't need to hide. I'm sorry. Everything is a mess right now. And I don't know how to deal with it. I just need to go and visit my family, for a while. I'll be back," Miyong promised. Then walked out.

That was three years ago. Minho hadn't seen her since then. The day after she left, he had contacted her family, friends, and anyone she might have associated with. None of them had seen her. She had disappeared. Wherever SHINee had concerts after that, Minho had taken to roaming the streets in disguise, always looking for her. Minho never did find her. She was found dead, four years after she left, when a jet crashed in the States. Minho was contacted. She had left one daughter. His daughter.