Final

Adjectives

"Seolhyun, our manager told me to tell you that you have a cf shooting for the night." my fellow member, Hyejeong, told me. I was sitting on the couch in our dorm while watching television. 

"Oh? Thank you very much unnie" I showed her one of my most genuine smiles but all she did was nod her head before walking away to talk to Yuna Unnie. I sighed, wondering why the taller girl just seems to dislike me so much. Our fans all think we're super close and I'm well aware of these 'seoljeong' shippers. I don't blame them because if I were an idol group fan and I saw two members acting like Hyejeong and I did in 'Open Up AOA', I would probably ship them too. But the truth is we aren't like that behind the scenes.

Not. One Bit. 

FNC just recognized the two of us had a lot to benefit from this 'relationship' and advised that the two visuals being best friends or potentially more than that would be exciting and help with our sales. I can't even deny like it wasn't a smart tactic because it was definitely effective, kind of shady and fake but hey what the fans don't know won't hurt them right? And it's not like we're the only group or company that does that.

And in my defense, it's not like I don't want seoljeong to be as real as our fandom thinks it is because I have always admired the tallest member in my group since our trainee days. She was beautiful, hardworking, talented but also mysterious with how aloof she was. When I found out we would be in the same group, I was more than ecstatic because I would finally get a chance to be close to her. The reason I didn't before was because I was afraid I'd become too attached and one of us wouldn't have made it in the group. 

But back to my dilemma as to why seoljeong is a problem:

Shin Hyejeong does NOT like me.

And I don't even mean in the fanfiction way. Yeah I may have read a few fanfiction by our fans but I doubt I'm the only person who would do that, albeit I'm not sure if most would read fanfictions... ANYWAY, bottom line is we are not sleeping together. How could we be when she barely talks to me. And no there is no between us when we occasionally stare at each other, at least I don't think there is. Oh god I need to stop getting off topic.

I groaned to myself and saw Mina Unnie walk up to me with the usual smile on her face, which I kindly returned the gesture. 

"What's on your mind kiddo?" the shorter woman asked me as she sat next to me on the couch.

"Nothing really" I mumbled.

"It sure don't sound like nothing. You were so deep in thought I could've slapped you and it would have taken you a 5 second delay before reacting" she joked and I softly laughed.

"What do you think about Hyejeong Unnie?" I questioned and she gave me a confused look before pouting and looking up like she was trying to think of an answer.

"What do you mean by that? She's a good singer and a nice person?" Mina answered.

I shook my head.

"No I meant what do you think about her opinions on all of 'this'." I replied and used my arms to gesture everything for 'this'.

"I'm having trouble following your train of thought in all honesty"

"Do you think she likes being an idol and being around us? She always seems to be distant with us with the exception of maybe you and Yuna Unnie. She especially distant when it...comes to me" I mumbled the last part with a hint of disappointment. 

Mina Unnie stared at me before shrugging her shoulders.

"I don't know" she answered honestly while I stayed quiet to let her continue.

"Who knows what goes on in her mind. She always seems quiet and you shouldn't take things so personally, I doubt she dislikes you. It's not like you two really have done anything to make each other hate each other... right? I'm assuming you two haven't"

"Of course not. How can we fight when we literally do not speak?"

"Well why don't you try to speak to her more?"

"You think I haven't?" I groaned.

"Well have you?"

"Of course! But all she does is walk away or just give me a nod. One time it was just the two of us in the dorm and I asked her to join me for breakfast but she shook her head before walking off on me!"

"Damn, she might not be close with the others but I don't think she has done that to Chanmi, Choa Unnie or Jimin Unnie before"

"Wow that makes me feel soooo much better"

"I can ask her for you"

"That's so awkward! You just gonna go up to her and be like "hey this is random but I feel like you don't like Seolhyun that much", it might give her the wrong idea that I've been talking about her behind her back" I whined.

"Well aren't you right now? You're telling me all this but nothing to her"

"It's hard to talk to someone who doesn't want to talk to you"

"List me 4 adjectives that come to mind when you think of her" Mina Unnie suddenly orders me. I paused a bit before answering her strange request.

"Cold, jerk-y, rude and y"

~~

The next few weeks went by the same as any other week for us, mostly me focusing on my cf deals and stuff while also preparing for an AOA comeback with the girls and Hyejeong just ignoring my existence as usual. Either I'm becoming more observant or she has been ignoring me even more than usual. Whatever, I'm not going to bother with someone who makes no effort to befriend me. I've never done anything to her so if she wants to be such a cold to me, it's her problem.

We had stayed pretty late practicing our newest choreography. Finally our manager had allowed us to go back to the dorm. Mina and Hyejeong stayed behind to talk about something while I left with Yuna Unnie. Once we walked out of the studio building, I realized it was snowing and I had forgotten my scarf back inside the studio.

"I gotta get something real quick!" I told the other girls.

"We're gonna come back in 15 minutes to drive you, Mina and Hyejeong then!" our leader shouted from the window.

"Jerks!" I laughed before running back into the building. I made my way to the studio. I was planning to quietly get my scarf so as to not disturb the 93-line members. Suddenly I heard my name being mentioned so I stood behind the door. I may not snooping but if they're talking about me, I think I deserve to know right? 

"Hey Hyejeong, what do you think about Seolhyunnie?" Mina Unnie asked the older member.

Hyejeong turned around and gave her usual scowl."What about her?"

"What do you think about her? You two don't seem that close so I was wondering why" Mina stated nonchalantly while I was freaking out. I cannot believe she actually asked when I told her not to! On one hand I'm glad to finally maybe find out why Hyejeong doesn't like me, on the other hand, I would feel kind of disappointed and hurt if my suspicions of her disliking me were confirmed. Frankly speaking, the silence was even more hurtful because it feels like Hyejeong Unnie doesn't even think about enough to say anything about me. Like I'm not worth her time to even say bad things about. 

"Just list some adjectives off the top of your head you dumb jerk" Mina Unnie joked.

The taller girl stayed quiet for a while before finally answering. 

​"Lame, nerdybothersome, annoying, and overall a pain" Hyejeong answered honestly with her arms crossed and a groan.

Ouch. Okay I had expected her to not like me but that was beyond hurtful. I honestly want to slap her because what have I done wrong?

"Damn you went hard. Care to elaborate why?" Mina asked.

At this point I am either a masochist or an idiot because why am I forcing myself to listen to Hyejeong say mean things about me?

"She's lame because she is always making these lame jokes that no one else finds funny but then she manages to intrigue me with them. She's a nerd because she gets so engrossed with all these geeky stuff like legos, which I find dumb but she will work on them for so long even if she's stuck. She's ing bothersome because she's always overworking herself and not sleeping or eating and that puts a burden on me because I don't want to see her sick. She's annoying because even when she's tired or hurt, she never gives up. She cares about everyone more than herself. Overall she is a pain in the because she makes me think about her and I find it hard to talk to her. Whenever I try I get tongue tied because she makes me speechless" Hyejeong confessed and I could tell Mina Unnie was shocked, but she wasn't the only one.

I felt my heart beating faster and I'm sure if someone walked by, they would wonder why I'm just standing outside the dance studio blushing like a fool.

"So let me get this straight, you think she's funny and makes you happy. You find her hardworking and you constantly worry about her. She's passionate to you and really caring. Overall you find yourself nervous because she's perfect in your eyes so instead of talking to her you just keep a distance and think about her?" Mina tried to clarify and I felt my blush getting even stronger hearing her interpretation of Hyejeong's words.

"N-No. She's a lame, bothersome, annoying nerd" Hyejeong stuttered and I noticed she was turning red while scratching the back of her head.

Cute.

"Aww dongdong you like her don't you!"

"W-what? No!"

Mina continued teasing the older member while I walked away, forgetting my scarf. I hid in the bathroom and splashed some water on my face to calm down after overhearing that conversation. I took a few deep breathes while my hands gripped onto the sink tightly.

Hyejeong Unnie might like me.

She doesn't hate me.

She likes me in the way she does in those fanfictions I read.

I felt my blush coming back up with this embarrassing revelation before smiling softly at my reflection.

Taking another deep breath, I mumbled out loud. 

"I like her in the way I do in fanfictions too"

And starting tomorrow, I won't allow her to ignore me anymore even if she wants to. She's still a cold, rude and y jerk, but she will be my cold, rude and y jerk who is actually really warm, sweet, cute and caring. 

The End

Hi you guys. I haven't written anything in a long time so I wanted to do some small stuff before officially going back to writing because I'm probably rusty. I'm sorry for any typos, I wrote this in like an hour and didn't proofread. Thank you for reading :)