Chapter One

Lionhearts

   In the cold busy streets of London, one little shop serves as a refuge for little artists to draw, write and compose while drinking a good cup of coffee in the bad weather. To Erica, this place was heaven, because unlike at home, she was free to see painting much more than a mere hobby. The walls of the coffee shop reflected her talent. All the beautiful paintings hanged on the walls were all made by her brilliant mind and people admired them deeply, except her stepfather.

   Erica was enjoying her usual Latte while finishing the details of a drawing she was dragging for some time now when heavy rain started to pour outside, making impossible to view the scenery of the streets. She took a sip of her coffee and to her surprise and to the young owner's, seven young men barged into the shop, running away from the heavy rain. However, they were already soaked and most of their clothes were ruined by the rain.

   "Thank you!" Said one of the boys after grabbing some towels from the kind owner. He spread the towels over his friends and they all went to a table, to dry themselves and drink something warm before they get a cold. Erica, from afar, giggled at the scenery of those clumsy young boys who seemed to be around her age, drying themselves. She took a last sip of the coffee before it ran out, much to her sadness.

   She got up from the chair she was sat on and walked towards the balcony, however one of the boys got up at the same time as she was passing through. She fell with her bottom on the floor and the poor boy was embarrassed to the bones. He handed her his hand and easily pulled her up. He couldn't even look at her face, "I am so sorry!" He repeated a hundred times, bowing respectfully. "It's not the first time that it happens." Erica smiled, laughing the scene off, to his amusement, "Do not worry!" She smiled a last time and continued her way to the balcony to order another coffee.

....

   She finished her drawing and it looked beautiful. It was one of her best drawings ever, actually. She started to gather her stuff to leave when the same boy who «pushed» her to the floor, came near her table. "May I sit?" He nervously asked, unsure if it was the right move at the right time. "Of course. I was just leaving but I will stay, if you want to talk." Erica replied, putting her bag on the chair again and looking timidly to him.

   He looked at the drawing she just finished and he was amazed by its astonishing detail, "You draw beautifully!" He exclaimed, wowed by her artwork. "It's not much though." She replied, brushing the compliment off, "Would you like to have it?" She looked at him, nervously laughing because it was unusual for someone outside her friend line to compliment her artwork. "Have it?! For real?" He smiled widely and and excitement lighted up his face. "Yes. It's not everyday that I receive a compliment like that. You can have it." She slipped the drawing to his side of the table and quickly grabbed with his hands. "I will treasure this lion. I love lions." He looked at her, to her smile and he right away looked down to the table, to hide his face. Once he took a better look at the drawing, at the right end of the page, there was a name. "Is your name Erica Edwards?" He asked, looking up again to meet her face. "Yes, it is. But I do not know your name though." She kindly replied, looking at the decoration of the table. "My name is Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook." He replied, now more calm than before, "I have nothing to give you except my phone number..."

   Erica, who was looking at the pouring rain, quickly turned her head to face Jungkook looking down to his hands, again. "Your number? That never happened before." Erica giggled, "I'd like to have it." After the exchange of phone numbers, Jungkook returned to his sit, where his friends were mocking him about the situation that just occurred. Meanwhile, Erica left the shop, wondering if she would see him ever again.