Reassurance

Comfort
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seungcheol would eventually learn that Jihoon’s boyfriend’s real name was Soonyoung. In Seungcheol’s eyes, Soonyoung was the perfect boyfriend for Jihoon. He was kind, talented, and funny, and he always managed to put a smile on Jihoon’s face, a smile that Jihoon used to rarely show to anyone other than Seungcheol himself. He was a great friend to Seungcheol as well, becoming one of Seungcheol’s closest friends within a few months of meeting him. But something about their relationship just bothered Seungcheol. 

“Maybe you’re jealous?” Jisoo sat across from Seungcheol, sipping from his cup of tea. Although they were exes, Jisoo and Seungcheol managed to stay good friends after breaking up despite Jisoo’s parents. He had come back from studying in America a few weeks before, so Seungcheol invited him to stay at his apartment until he could find his own place to stay.

“No way- I’ve never liked Jihoon that way. We’re just friends.” Jisoo shrugged his shoulders at Seungcheol’s reply.

“Well, you’ve been talking about him and his boyfriend to me non-stop since I got back. Would you really act like that if you wanted to be ‘just friends’ with him?”

“I don’t know! It’s just something about them irks me and-“

“Do you not like his boyfriend?” Seungcheol shook his head.

“How could I not like Soonyoung? He’s one of my closest friends!” Jisoo sighed, setting down his cup as he leaned back into his chair and crossed his arms.

“I don’t know what to tell you then, Cheol. It seems like you might have feelings for Jihoon.” Jisoo got up as he finished his cup of tea, patting Seungcheol’s head as he walked past towards his room.

Seungcheol furrowed his brows. Did he like Jihoon? He’d never thought of Jihoon in a romantic way, at least he didn’t think he did. There was always something about Jihoon that made Seungcheol feel happy and at ease. He had always trusted Jihoon more than anyone else, confiding in him about everything. But that was all platonic.

However, Seungcheol would be lying if he said something hadn’t changed after Jihoon’s confession months ago. Seungcheol often caught himself wondering what could’ve happened if Jihoon had confessed years ago, if they’d be together if Jihoon had told him earlier, if he and Jihoon could’ve been happy together all this time. He suddenly wanted to spend more time with Jihoon, wanting to invite Jihoon out for c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter