Rejection

Real Life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

" Mino-yah,  happy birthday!  ^o^

Actually, the reason I keep asking to meet with you this day was because I wanted to hand out this present I bought for you!

I wanted to give it to you face to face...But whenever we meet, words just stuck at my tongue and I froze. ㅠㅠ

I'm shy around you, Mino-yah. Too shy.. I don't even know why. I've never felt like this before to anyone, I swear!

I feel shy just by hearing your name! I can't even say hi to you without my face getting red!

I get awestruck everyday because of how handsome you are!! It's so tough!! ㅜㅜ

I won't say that I'm in love, but I do really like you. And I'm not asking for a relationship.

I just wanted to tell how I feel. It's bothering me.. I really want you to know how I feel. ㅜㅜ

I'm sure you don't feel the same way, but please don't hesitate to accept my gift. Consider it as a present for being a wonderful person! ^^"

 

 

" Hello, Jinwoo-hyung. Thank you for the birthday wishes and for your confession.

I'm not sure if I'm replying to this properly since I've never been confessed to by a guy before.. but I'm sorry I only see you as a friend! ㅜㅜ"

 

Just that one message is enough to destroy ones' hopes and dreams in one night.

---

" HYUNG, YOU SERIOUSLY CONFES-?!" Seunghoon, Jinwoo's 'dearest and loveliest'-as-Seunghoon-claimed dongsaeng shouted, bewildered of the news he heard from his timid hyung.

"Shhh.. You're being too loud, Seunghoon-ah!" Jinwoo shushed him, his index finger pressing upon Seunghoon's lips. They were in their own classroom so he didn't want to risk his embarrassing story being heard by his classmates.

"I thought you'll never going to do it. I'm surprised." the younger replied, following a laugh afterwards as he patted the older's head. "Good job, hyung!"

"You're being too happy to a person who just got rejected.." Jinwoo pouted, crossing his arms together while trying his best to ignore his bestfriend's annoying laugh. Seunghoon was about to pinch his cheeks just to more but sassy Jinwoo immediately slapped the baby lion's hands away and scowled at him.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. But what did you sent to him?" Seunghoon's question was simple, yet Jinwoo was having a hard time answering to it.

His face was as red as tomato as he bit his lips and avoiding eye contact from Seunghoon. The urge to bury his entire body in the ground was so strong as soon as he remembered the cheesy message he sent to Mino. He was too overwhelmed that time, he ended up sending a great-wall-of-China text to his huge crush instead of a simple "I like you" just as planned.

"T-that.." he stuttered. "I just...w-wish him birthday and said I liked him."

"...You sent him a novel text, didn't you?"

"I'm going to the toilet."

"YAH! HYUNG!! DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO KEEP IT STRAIGHT AND SIMPLE!!?! WHEN WILL YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME?!" Seunghoon yelled, paying no attention to the weird stares he received from the rest of his classmates.

===

"Hyung, define a stalker." Seunghoon asked, arms crossed facing at Jinwoo with a judging stare.

"A person who illegally follows and watches someone? Why?" Jinwoo answered innocently.

"Isn't that what you're doing right now?" Seunghoon replied sarcastically, watching as Jinwoo's face turned crimson red.

"I-I'm not following anyone or watching anyone! B-besides, M-Mino is going to appear anytime soon!" Jinwoo retorted defensively.

"And you want to give him a heartattack by popping in front of him out of nowhere? Hyung, let's just head to the cafeteria. We'll run into him in the middle anyway." Seunghoon tried to convinced Jinwoo. He was getting tired of seeing Jinwoo hiding behind a wall, peeping to see if Mino will appear anytime soon, oblivious that people there were all weirded out by him.

"How are you so sure? What if he arrive late?" Jinwoo was still unsure, still doing his 'stalking' job.

"If you're gonna stay there, then stay there. I'm leaving."

"Wait- SEUNGHOON-AH!!!!" Jinwoo shouted, a bit hesistant to leave his spot but seeing his bestfriend walked away without turning back he just had to comply.

The two of them were walking their way to the cafeteria, with Jinwoo looking left and right anxiously while fabulous Seunghoon just walked straight ahead; accepting the loving stares being directed to him from the flocks of girls arounds, ignoring the mathyung who is about to pass his edge of sanity from waiting for his beloved to appear. 'Oh will I ever see my dear Prince again' he mutters under his breath, praying to God that last night won't be his last danc-

"YAH!! What in the world are you saying!!" chided Jinwoo who was getting annoyed by the silly fanfiction Seunghoon has made.

"Aren't I describing the situation perfectly?" Seunghoon responded with a proud grin on his face while Jinwoo trying to wipe off the smirk on his face with his 'deathly' but super cute glare but it didn't work.

"First of all, you're not fabulous. Second, I'm not losing my sanity! Third, I never muttered that!!"

"Oh, so you're not denying that I'm popular and loved by girls?"

"I was just being nice and letting you dream-"

"Oh, it's Mino." 

Jinwoo eyes widened, his entire body froze. He felt an uproar of the entire zoo going on in his stomach but he tried to keep it cool; tried to be chill. He turned towards Mino with confident gesture but scared eyes as he lift his hand up to greet the other.

"Hi, Princ- I mean Mino!" He spoke, still trying his best to be friendly so that there won't be any awkward tension between them in spite of the rejection from last night.

"Hi Jinwoo-hyung." Mino smiled and Jinwoo felt himself melting from those beautiful smile; how it was filled with tenderness despite Mino's strong upfront. Mino looked at him awkwardly as if wanting to say something but was hesitant, unfortunately, he was in a daze to realise that until he remembered about the gift he wanted to give to the hugeboy.

"Mino-yah!!" The latter uttered in a high-pitched voice unconsciously, due to nervousness followed by an embarrassment soon after.

"Y-yes, hyung!" Mino looked at Jinwoo for few seconds before turning his pupils elsewhere, sharing the same nervousness with Jinwoo. Jinwoo gulped, finding himself having a hard time to hand out the gift until he finally used all his strength to open his mouth and release a sound from his vocal chord,

"GOOD LUCK WITH CLASS!" he shouted as he rushed to the cafeteria without glancing back, leaving a confused Mino and a disappointed Seunghoon who had been watching them with serious stare all the while with his arms crossed. 

"T-THANK YOU HYUNG!!" Mino tried to shout back as soon as possible, hoping it would reach Jinwoo.

Seunghoon shook his head as he watched Jinwoo's figure getting smaller from his sight, commenting, "Idiot." to his bestfriend. He turned towards Mino who was still staring at the direction where Jinwoo ran off. He shook his head again and moved closer to Mino's face, "Idiot." before following the older and leaving a confused Mino yet again.

===

"HYUNG YOU CONFES-" Seungyoon, Jinwoo's manliest-and-most-matured-dongsaeng as Seungyoon claimed shouted, bewildered of the news he heard from his timid hyung.

"Aisshh.. You two are too loud!" Jinwoo shushed him, his index finger pressing on Seungyoon's plump lips. They were in the cafeteria so he didn't want to risk his embarrassing story being heard by the people surround.

"I had the same reaction as you, Seungyoonie."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter