one

lemon tarts and broken hearts;;
Please log in to read the full chapter

genre; fluff(?) chemistrytutor!au

rating; pg

summary; Who says bond angles in chemistry is difficult to understand? 

 

Hyukjae sighs as he rubs circles into the bridge of his nose, the skin folding into thin layers of what the boy would call Donghae-induced stress. Talking of the brunet, the latter is currently blinking those wide and innocent eyes eighty miles per hour, lips jutting out; not realising what he's doing to his poor chemistry tutor. A frown mars Donghae's forehead and yet all Hyukjae can think about is oh god even his skin creases prettily.

 

The raven-head closes his eyes, counting to ten because he really hopes he is dreaming right now. A dream where he is not Donghae's chemistry tutor so that the perfect image of a cute and bubbly Donghae will forever remain that way in his mind, instead of contorting due to the truth of nature- the fact that their school's flower boy is a bit empty in the head.

 

Chemistry tutor.

 

Two words that are serious enough to bring Hyukjae's attention back to the predicament he's in and the headache that is growing by the ticking second.

 

The latter actually wonders if it's possible for anyone to be this stupid. It must be a gift of some sort, right?

 

"Donghae, we've been through this many times," he tries to tone down the exasperation level in his voice.

 

The boy before him pouts at this and begins to fiddle with his striped pencil. "There are too many figures here, Hyukkie. I can't help but get confused." Hyukjae suppresses the urge to roll his eyes and say something hurtful like well maybe you shouldn't have chosen chemistry if you don't like numbers but he doesn't. Not to mention, since when did Hyukjae turn into Hyukkie? The tutor ignores the warmth blossoming across his body as he places his attention back to the boy sitting opposite him.

 

"Donghae, this is probably the easiest part of inorganic chemistry. You only have to remember these bond angles, number of bonding pairs and lone pairs, a few examples for each of the types of shapes of molecules and you're done." Hyukjae says this as if doing the said action is as easy as breathing. Of course, to Donghae, this is no different to trying to breathe underwater. Yeah, good luck with that.

 

To this, the tutee widens his eyes comically. "See!" He cried out with a panic to his voice, "there is a lot to remember!"

 

"It will be easier if you understand the concept behind the VSEPR theory," Hyukjae argues. He sees a flash of confusion across Donghae's face and decides that it's alright, Hyukjae, just think of this as a revision session for yourself.

Please log in to read the full chapter