With You

By Your Side

Jessica lifted her hand to caress her sleeping lover's face, it had been so long since they have been this close to each other. Their schedules always got in the way of one another and she was sick of it. She knew how hard everyone was working and to company still didn't seem to recognize their effort. The very same day she saw Tiffany crumble was the day she finally made it up with Taeyeon, and it never felt so good before. 

Flashback. 

Tiffany was in tears again, her composition had been rejected once more. You would think the girls would be used to getting rejected after so many years but it still hurt, hurt to think that they were still not good enough for the company. Yuri sat beside Tiffany and threw an arm over her, letting the older girl cry into her shoulder, "Fany, don't give up... You know we're all here for you and if the company doesn't appreciate it, they don't deserve your works." 

Taeyeon, Hyoyeon and Yoona nodded vigorously at Yuri's words, they couldn't agree more. The ones who would understand were more Seohyun, Yuri and Sooyoung since they were also writing their own music. "Unnie, you know I love bittersweet and crazy, don't you?" Yoona asked, patting Tiffany's leg. Tiffany nodded tearfully and let Yuri wipe away her tears while Jessica had just entered the dorm with dinner, fully taken aback by Tiffay's crying face. 

"Babe, what's wrong?" Jessica opened her arms as Tiffany threw herself into Jessica's embrace, "rejected again?" Jessica released a sigh when she felt the girl nod. 

Why was SM Entertainment turning into such an empty vessel? Back when LSM was at the helm of the company, everyone shined and worked together to promote the company but under KYM, everything was falling apart. From EXO's issue to SNSD, and then to F(x). 

She looked around and met eyes with her girls, all having that familiar sad gleam. It had been quite some time since the nine of them met up, she had her business to handle; they had their schedules to complete. "What's with the atmosphere?" Jessica asked, trying to lighten the mood. 

"Pft. What else besides missing you?" 

That familiar, husky mumble was enough to make Jessica smile tearfully. She missed that kid the most, especially when she was alone; the kid automatically floating into her thoughts. "You miss me but you don't even come and hug me?" 

Everyone laughed as they saw their very own Kwon Yuri fly to Jessica as those words left - still a lovesick puppy as always. "Seriously, Seobang..." Jessica mumbled as her hand combed through Yuri's wavy locks, an even wider smile forming when Yuri snuggled deeper into her neck. 

Yoona was now standing beside Tiffany, arms tightly wrapped around her waist. "Hey, Sica-unnie." Jessica waved back to her rascal before breaking the hug between her and Yuri, "Baby, my legs are tired. Please let me sit."

"No." 

"Kwon Yuri." 

"Jessica Jung." 

"Seriously, Yul..." 

Hyoyeon cleared playfully, rubbing her arms to get rid of the goosebumps forming after seeing their sweet behaviour. Jessica stuck her tongue out at her best friend and back-stepped Yuri towards the sofa. 

It only occured to Jessica that she hadn't seen Seohyun and Sooyoung just yet. "Where's maknae and Sooyoungie?" Taeyeon took a bite of her sandwich and swallowed, "Seo's practising for her musical and Soo's filming.."

Jessica nearly fell off the couch when she heard Taeyeon talking to her. They had no interaction for the longest time now and for most of it, Jessica admitted she was at fault. The initial distance between them was conflicting schedules where they hardly met but it got worse when Jessica flew to China as and when she liked. 

Yuri held back a chuckle when she felt her girlfriend's body freeze against her own. Jessica was now even closer to them than in the past, "Y-You're not angry anymore?" Taeyeon made sure her facial muscles were all still and she turned to Jessica with a cold stone face, "Who said so?" 

"I-I'm sorry..." Jessica whispered, she wanted to just bury herself in a hole and never come out. "BWAHAHAHAHA!" Taeyeon couldn't hold it in any longer, she felt horrible for tricking Jessica like that. "How can I still be angry? I wasn't even angry, I was hurt because you didn't even own up to it." 

Tears started to well up in Jessica's eyes. Taeyeon was referring to the news about Taeyeon and Yoona clubbing in HK 2013 when it was actually Jessica and Tyler's friends. She was invited there because of Tyler and so was Hyoyeon but she decided against it, thank God for that. The guilt was killing Jessica but by God's grace, she managed to keep it in till the reports came out with the truth. 

Taeyeon stood up from the floor and moved in front of Jessica, opening her arms for the ice princess, "The past is the past, we'll make even better memories, right?" Jessica wailed and wailed, her heart feeling so much lighter after Taeyeon's words. Yoona, on the other hand found it easier to let go partly because she knew Jessica was too oblivious to cameras sometimes, plus she was often advised by Seohyun to let the past go. 

Yuri watched proudly as Jessica patched up with every single member. In the past, when Jessica came over for meals or just to hang out, the first two members to leave were Taeyeon and Sunny. Sunny didn't know how to handle the departure so suddenly and she tried to keep Jessica in her life but Jessica was the one who left first. 

The exchange of hurtful posts on Instagram made their relationship even harder to mend but when Jessica finally got wind of Sunny's message to her on radio, she knew how sincere Sunny was about keeping their friendship, especially when she could get in trouble for saying things like that. It was all thanks to the other members who knocked some sense into both their heads. 

"Stop crying, you baby." Taeyeon patted Jessica's , trying to calm her down. "I... I m-missed you..." Jessica continued to cry and everyone wiped their tears, why was this so hard to watch? "Oh my God, you're making all of us cry..." Hyoyeon whined and pressed her hands against her cheeks to stop her tears from overflowing. 

"Yoong, you're okay too, right?" Yuri asked nervously, slowly pulling Yoona from Tiffany. "With you? Of course, I am..." Yoona was puzzled at her best friend's behaviour and she hugged Yuri by the neck, "No, I mean...." And Yoona finally understood. "Ah, with Sica-unnie? Of course I am, it's been ages!" 

While Yuri and Yoona were busy teasing each other, Jessica's eyes focused on Yuri intently. Yuri was her rock of strength and she had been there throughout everything, God knows what would happen if Yuri wasn't there with her. Her situation was improving because of her intervention and Jessica would be forever grateful for it. 

Jessica stepped forward the moment Yoona entered the kitchen, leaving Yuri alone by the counter. She s her arms around Yuri's waist and rested her head against Yuri's shoulder, "I love you so much, Yul...." 

Flashback end. 

And she meant every single word of it. Yuri had shown her just how much love she contained through her actions and Jessica could only hope that she would be able to do the same. 

"Mmm.... Sicababy...." Yuri mumbled as she buried her face deeper into the covers, still very far into dreamland. Jessica felt her cheeks heat up as Yuri smiled in her sleep after unconsciously mumbling her name. 

There was another time, where she had a big blow-out fight with Yuri over the lack of time and dates between them. 

Flashback. 

Yuri was in the gym, running her frustrations out on the treadmill. She couldn't understand why so many problems were arising so quickly but she knew she was wrong for not making time for Jessica. That was definitely her mistake, of course but what about Jessica though? She's always with that bloody idiot and it only fueled Yuri's hatred.

"Yul, you be careful and don't hurt yourself..." Hyoyeon advised, watching over her gym buddy closely. She knew going to the gym helped Yuri control her emotions but it wasn't the correct way to vent since she was more injury prone that way. If Tiffany or Sooyoung ever saw Yuri behaving in this manner, saying that Yuri would be dead was an understatement. "What has Sica done this time?" Hyoyeon mumbled to herself, stopping her own treadmill to take out her phone.

Hyoyeon looked back time and again to make sure Yuri was okay but her heart felt very unsettled. When Yuri was angry, which was practically never, no one could control her no matter how hard they tried. She saw a dozen messages coming in the group chat per minute and she knew she was way behind time, everyone probably knew. 

 

YULSIC 7
Tiff: i need someone to slap yuri 
     i will slap sica
Yoo: Unnie, if you hit my bestfriend... 
       vava.gif < that will b you
Sun: i volunteer
wait, all of you know? 
Tae: Well, yeah??
somenoe pls break it down for me :( 
Soo: someone* learn your grammer
Tiff: basically
      Sica's upset that Yul isnt giving enough time 2 her but Yul's upset that Sica's spending more time w that lizard so she doesnt wanna hang out at all 

 

Damn it. 

It was always because of that bastard. Hyoyeon looked back at the message and noticed Tiffany calling him a lizard, that nickname was getting so common among them. ", why are these two so silly?" Hyoyeon shook her head and continued gulping her water, looks like the 7 of them were going to have to crack their brains again. 

 

Tae: this is stupid af
Yoo: ^
guys we need to do something b4 Yul hurts herself
she's running
Soo: AGAIN?! 
Tiff: AGAIN?! 
yeah, she alr looks like she's ready to collapse
Seo: I am going to call Sica-unnie right now
       These two unnies are being so childish and I have had enough of it. 
Sun: Actually
        can you send us a video of Yul running? I know Sica hates it when Yuri goes to the gym during one of her bouts of anger, she's seen Yuri hurt herself before & I dont think she wants a repeat

 

That..... was a wonderful idea. The last time Yuri was at the gym, she ended up with a pulled muscle in her thigh because of the running and weight lifting for legs. Jessica went on a fit about how the rest had to take care of Yuri whenever she went to the gym and everyone else listened like obedient children, Jessica had never been so upset before. To think that Jessica was partially the reason why Yuri got hurt made it even worse to handle. 

"I'm on it, Sunkyu. Just wait..." Hyoyeon held up her phone, taking a video of her buddy.

 

 

*~*~*~*~*

 

Jessica didn’t have any appetite but she wasn’t going to allow her mother to feel like her cooking wasn’t to her liking. She loved her mother’s cooking more than anything yet there wasn’t a big possibility that she was going to eat supper though she already skipped dinner. Krystal was about to knock on her sister’s door when she received a text from her SNSD Unnies.

 

To: Soojung

Soojung…. This is nuts, look at Yuri.

-inserts video-

I hope you don’t show it to your sister if she’s busy crying her eyes out.

From: Sunny-unnie

 

Krystal was well aware of how crazy Yuri could be at the gym but she didn’t want Jessica to blame herself either. If showing the video to Jessica means that the problem will be resolved then Krystal would do it in a heartbeat but what if the problem grows bigger instead?

“Damn it…” Krystal cursed and went into Jessica’s room,”Unnie.. I need to show you something.” Jessica turned towards her sister and beckoned her to sit next to her on the bed. She felt suspicious when Krystal kept hesitating, something she never did in front of Jessica. “What is it, Soojung?” Krystal sighed before giving Jessica her phone.

Jessica felt her heart tingle when she saw Yuri running on the treadmill like a possessed woman. Yuri was fit and strong but no one would run like this, it would literally scare everyone out of the gym. “What the hell…” Jessica mumbled after seeing Yuri lean her head against the front panel with her entire body trembling. It only worried Jessica even more when Yuri nearly fell from the treadmill after stopping it.

“Soojung, who sent this to you?” Krystal was startled when Jessica looked at her with tears threatening to roll down, “WHO SENT THIS?!” Krystal snapped back to her senses immediately, “Sunny-unnie.” Jessica leaped off the bed and scrambled out of the room, she wasn’t going to let Yuri hurt herself in the gym while she was at home.

“SOOYEON! WHERE ARE YOU GOING!” Mrs Jung yelled, seeing her daughter rush out of the house without changing into proper clothing. Jessica had no time to waste, she started the engine and sped off into the night, Yuri was injury prone right now and there was nothing she wouldn't do to be by her girlfriend's side at this very moment. 

The road was dark and it was starting to drizzle, it made Jessica fear for the worse. What if the rain signified something bad and misfortune befell Yuri? She didn't know what she would do if anything happened to Yuri. Yuri always promised to stick with her through thick and thin but why was Jessica so adamant on pissing her girlfriend off by hanging out with the crocodile? 

She too didn't know how ridiculous it was till now. 

It hadn't taken her long to reach the gym, considering how she usually drove way past the speed limit anyway. Jessica felt her heart leap when she saw lights still on in the highest level of the gym; that was probably her girlfriend. Who else would exercise at this time of the night? She took a deep breath and got out of the car, bringing a small bag that was kept in her car.

“Miss Jung.” The receptionist stood up and bowed at Jessica, “Is Miss Kwon still in the gym?” The former nodded her head, she too was astonished at how long Yuri had been here for, “She’s been here since 6.30 this evening.” Jessica sighed and shut her eyes for a while, “thank you.”

Hyoyeon was sitting on the floor, her eyes about to close any time now since she had been watching Yuri for a couple of hours. She sacrificed her dinner just so she could minimize everyone’s worries about Yuri hurting herself. “Hyoyeon.” The blonde turned around and sighed in relief, seeing the only person needed to stop this madness. “Sica, thank God. Please stop her. She moved from the treadmill to the sit-up board and I’ve already lost count of how many she’s done.” Jessica stood to her full height and turned around fearfully, Yuri looked extra scary when she exercised out of frustration.

Her heart almost shattered when she saw what a mess Yuri was; her hair a total mess and her clothes completely drenched with sweat. It wasn’t an uncommon sight for a gym rat like Yuri but they all knew she never overworked herself to this extent. “Baby…” Jessica whispered under her breath, carefully taking baby steps towards Yuri. She hesitated before placing her hand on Yuri’s shoulder, feeling her girlfriend jump slightly.

Yuri’s tears were already rolling down her cheeks even before she turned around to face the disruptor and when she saw Jessica, her first instinct was to avoid her. She got off the sit-up board and headed towards the dumbbells, ignoring her heart’s message to actually talk to Jessica. “Yuri, stop this madness right now. You’re gonna hurt yourself!” Jessica was tired of watching this and feeling her heart prick every time Yuri’s tears rolled down. “You care? I thought I didn’t give enough time to you. I thought you were busy with him.” Yuri refused to cry it out when Jessica was in the same room, she didn’t want to show just how hurt she was when she constantly saw pictures of Jessica and that idiot together.

Jessica could feel her own tears gathering in her eyes, Yuri probably underestimated her ability to see through her façade. She knew just how hurt Yuri felt and how broken she was now, she shouldn’t have denied Yuri and mentioned that she was going out with him because he asked her first. How could she have done something as stupid as that?

"YURI, STOP! I'M SORRY!" Jessica yelled, covering her face as she cried on the spot. She would never do anything to hurt Yuri again, as long as they got over this stupid argument smoothly. Yuri was taken aback when she saw her lover break down in front of her very eyes and she too, started to cry. Life was so hard and complicated between the two but they had made it far and she was going to make sure Jessica was her wife in the future. Yuri got off the bench and walked towards her girlfriend, standing in front of her, "S-Sica... please don't cry. I'm sorry..." Yuri cupped Jessica's cheek and wiped away her flowing tears, ignoring her own. Jessica threw herself into Yuri's arms, not caring a single bit about how sweaty Yuri was. "I'm so sticky and gross right now..." Yuri whispered, "I don't care. Hug me." Jessica said and snuggled deeper into Yuri's shoulder. 

"I love you." 

"I love you more, Baby..." 

Flashback end. 

Another wide grin was imprinted on Jessica's face in no time, Yuri was hugging her arm like a bolster to sleep. It made Yuri look like a kid but it explained how much she loved Jessica, whether she was conscious or not. Yuri was indeed her monkey and the younger girl was proud of it, which made Jessica braver in terms of accepting her uality. As everyone agreed before, a same- relationship may not be right but what was the point in doing something right if neither of them were happy? 

"Goodnight, Seobang..." Jessica whispered, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on Yuri's forehead.

And despite being asleep, Yuri managed a goofy smile, "Goodnight, baby..." 


Random one shot hehe but I hope you guys enjoyed the part where Taeyeon and Sica made up :)) I know it's hard to imagine any OT9 in the future but I ask you guys to keep the faith okay? The soshibond might look fake now that Sica's not with them anymore but I deeply believe that both sides will reconcile one day, even if Sica's no longer in GG. 

Comment, subscribe and upvote! :)