His Girlfriend?!

About U & Me (previously titled "Smile, Where Is It?")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

Most males feel pride when they carry babies in their arms. Moreover if they did what Jungkook did right now, Jaeyoung was in the carrying cloth which Jungkook has assembled in front of his chest. Considering that Jaeyoung was still one year old, it would be dangerous if he carried Jaeyoung on his back. What if someone abducted him from Jungkook’s back?

 

Some uniformed school girl who met Jungkook without stopping would stare at him with awe when Jungkook walked through  with Jaeyoung in his arms. Like, come on, who wouldn’t be impressed after seeing a handsome, tall, and cute boy  carrying a baby shamelessly? Those girls immediately said, “Whoa, a guy like that is definetely my type!” or “His hyung seemed very fond of his dongsaeng.”. Jungkook realized it. He knew almost all the girls stared at him. And he could also hear their kudos toward him. Because of that, he smiled at the girls whom had an opportunity to make eye contact with Jungkook. He just wanted to show them a friendly impression and indirectly thanked them for their praises to him. But, Jungkook absolutely didn’t know why they kept staring at him though all they could see was his back. For them, Jungkook’s back also looked cool just like his face.

 

Jungkook raised his hand which he wore his wristwatch . The small needle was pointed at five while the longer needle was between two and three. It’s been long enough he walked out of his house. He decided to go to minimarket to buy milk for Jaeyoung. Before he went he grumbled at his mother. “Why didn’t you buy it yesterday, Eomma?”, he said like that. Until he decided to went out to buy milk and also some snacks for him and Yerim—if she wanted it. His mom was away to her friend’s place. And anyway Jungkook’s father works outside the city. He usually comes home once in three months. That’s why Jun’s house was empty now and it’s impossible for Jungkook to leave Jaeyoung alone. Although he was actually afraid if he brought Jaeyoung out of the  house because the weather was quite cold like now. If Yerim was already  home, Jungkook wouldn’t have taken Jaeyoung with him .

 

He raised his eyebrows realising what time it was. He  left  his house  about fifteen minutes ago. A little weird for him. These several days, Yerim always came home later than usual. Usually when Jungkook arrived at home, Yerim was already with Jaeyoung in the  family room in the second floor which was located in front of Yerim’s, Jaeyoung’s and his room. Accompanying the baby playing or lapping her while doing her homeworks. Or sometimes by chance, Jungkook and Yerim would meet on their way home. This one thing was actually Jungkook’s most favourite. Because he could stare at her from the side. Yerim looked very beautiful when Jungkook looked at her from the side(profile)  while her long hair vividly blew away by the wind.

 

To be honest, Jungkook was starting to get alarmed. He didn’t have any idea where the girl was. Where was she going and what she  was doing until now that made her this late. If they attended the  same school, Jungkook would have gone to school with her and would even accompany her back home .

 

Buzz...

 

Jungkook felt vibration in his right jean pocket. His mobile . He seized it and then picked it up from his pocket.

 

From : Kim So Hyun

I’ve slipped your letter. Don’t forget your “thank you” :p

 

Jungkook smiled. Reading this sentence made him reminisce a little   memory about Yerim. The old Yerim. Everybody knew that Sohyun and Yerim were bestfriends who really loved and cared for  each other. They had the same tastes and similar characters. Same opinions and jokes. Before Yerim changed, of course.

 

To : Kim So Hyun

Thanks so much :D but anyway, is she with you?

 

Just as Jungkook sent his reply message to Sohyun, someone whom  Jungkook was waiting for  was  walking towards him from behind. Yerim had just got off the bus. “Ya!” without turning his head, Jungkook smiled. “Finally...”.

 

He put his handphone into his pocket quickly. Because when the sound of Yerim’s footstep could be heard clearly behind his back, the phone screen still showed the conversation message between him and that girl’s bestfriend. Afraid if Yerim would know the secret that Jungkook was the one who sent her the mysterious letter. He turned his body to face her. Showing her that he was with her nephew, Yook Jaeyoung.

 

Yerim’s eyes shifted from Jungkook’s face to Jaeyoung who was in his carrying cloth . She frowned. And a second later, she looked at Jungkook angrily, “Hey, are you crazy? Bringing Jaeyoung out like this?”

 

“Why? Should I  not?”

 

“He’s still baby, you dumb! Babies easily get sick! Jaeyoung must be at home now!”

 

“Emm, should I leave him alone? While my mother is out at her friend’s house. And you—as his ahjumma—hadn’t come home from school. I am going to ask you once, Kim Yerim, where have you been?” he asked skeptically.

 

Yerim took a step back because she felt uncomfortable with Jungkook’s stare. “Why did you  bring him out?

 

"Why did you come so late from school?"

 

Yerim snorted. Rolling her eyes  as a sign of her exasperation. “Answer me first, why did you bring him out?”

 

“No! you are going to answer me first! Where have you been all this time, coming from school just now?”

 

Jungkook’s words made Yerim throw him her death-glare. “Who are you to ask ? Why do you always want to know about me?” she hissed.

 

“Ehh?”

 

“You are asking as if you were my husband.”

 

“What?” Jungkook’s eyes widened. He couldn't  believe  what Yerim just said. But not long after that, Yerim seemed to realize that she just said something weird. That’s why she immediately looked embarrassed. According to Jungkook.

 

“Forget what I said just now! Aish... Why did you bring Jaeyoung out?” and then Yerim tried to change the subject. Her tone was mediocre. But Jungkook wouldn’t know that inside Yerim’s mind she actually cursed her own self, “Sh*t! What did you just say Kim Yerim?!”

 

“Err... Jaeyoung’s milk ran out at home. My mother forgot to buy it. So I decided to buy some and bring Jaeyoung along.”

 

“Ooh…” Yerim responded. “Okay, I can accept that.”, she thought.

 

“Because if I left Jaeyoung he would be alone at home. Did you think I would do that? You’re his ahjumma, you should’ve been here with him.”

 

“Jun Jungkook—“

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter