From : JL

About U & Me (previously titled "Smile, Where Is It?")
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“No! No way! That was really not sweet at all, Kim Yerim! Stop thinking about th—“

 

CKLEK

 

That sound of the door cut her chain of thoughts and startled her . It was her luck , because a certain guy around  was rubing his hair with the towel hanging around his neck hadn't noticed the discomposed state Yerim was in. Though, he just noticed her presence when he moved his eyeball to focal point which lead to the face of his (secret) beloved company .

 

“Ah, how beautiful...” Yerim didn’t know that Jungkook was keeping his admiration a secret from her . Plus, the girl seemed nonchalant infront of him as she didn't even spare him a glace while he was drying his hair . She was however fidgeting as her heart raced.

Jungkook, as usual since some years ago, smiled when he registered that the  younger girl was there in his presence. “she is facing me ...” he silently hissed. “I wanna have  eye contact with her...” He kept making some sweet narations based on what was happening now between him and Yerim. cliche but he liked her ....a lot.  Yerim however masked her real fealings with a sour expression. That time, Jungkook felt like he was a male main character from a romance drama. And also felt like a novelist who was making his based-on-true-story novel. But...

 

“Yah, how long you wanna stand there?” Yerim asked in angry tone. She brought Jungkook back from dreamland as he was busy admiring her silently. Though, her statement was bitter Jungkook's smile never disappeared.... a smile that made his juvenile facial features even more handsome.

 

Not long after that, Jungkook who knew that he blocked  the way to the  bathroom located behind him, immediately went one step forward. And when Yerim entered the bathroom, the boy turned his body because he still wanted to stael glances. He meant to say something whatever was that which could made him hear Yerim’s voice. But unfortunately, right when his body faced the bathroom’s door, Yerim slammed it quickly. And it caused Jungkook to smack the tip of his nose against the damn wooden door . At that very moment Jungkook groaned and  slightly closed his eyes because of the  little pain on his nose.

 

“Ahh...” he whined.

 

One of his hand moved to touch his nose. Rubbing that slowly before he decided to turn away, and enter his room with an unreadable expression.

 

While in the bathroom, Yerim stood quietly not using the toilet. However, she leaned against the bathroom’s door. Whilst her heart was beating against her chest. Her heart was throbing since she stepped into the bathroom. More precisely when someone who previously used the bathroom opened the door.

 

 “Ah, please heart, please lower your speed pumping my blood!” Yerim said to...err—her heart? Haha

 

***

 

After she said  good-bye to Ahjumma Jun, Yerim directly exited of the house. Jungkook was still in a hurry spooning his porridge until his mouth was full of it. Worried if he would have missed something. His mom who noticed him admonished him, “Jungkook-ah, just eat that easy, you ca—“ just as his mom wanted to remind him so he wouldn’t choke, that boy has  been coughing because he was too hasty. His mom immediately poured milk into Jungkook’s glass and handed him that.

 

“Seriously you, now why do you always eat in a hurry?”

 

He pouted his lips when his mom scolded. “Eomma, you wouldn’t understand!”, he muttered silently.

 

 “Do you know there are many cases people died due to choking on food?” her son’s eyes rounded after his mother said that horrific thing to him. How could his mother say something like that to him? We all know that word is prayer T_T

 

“Eomma, how could you once say that to me...” Jungkook whined. And didn’t forget to insert his aegyo which was adorable. His mom smiled her famous eye-smile. Jungkook could see that, if only his mom was still youthful, Jungkook could bet that she was immensely pretty. Everytime that woman smiled, she  showed her beautiful eye smile. And sometimes it made Jungkook want to have his mother’s eyes.

 

His mom chuckled. She reached her son's head. “Aigoo, how cute. Eomma just warned you so you’re not eating in a hurry. That’s because I really love you, Jungkook-ah.” His mom’s sentences made his stare became soft. Indeed that is usual thing when we see our mom showing us her affection. But for Jungkook, that’s not just an usual thing. Something buried by him. Only few people who knew it. Jungkook smiled at her. Trying his best to wreak the endeartment toward the woman he called ‘mom’, through the darkest part of the circle in his eyes.

 

***

You always smiled and laughed. Those happy expressions and the crescent moon on your face are my daily vitamin and energy. but now, I feel like I'm suffering from amphetamines and I have no energy at all. Where is your happy laughter and your potentially-resulting-in-diabetes smile , Kim Yerim?

 

Yerim rolled her eyes as she  drew a long breathe. As a matter of fact she thought about it , "Who is this?" on her heart, Yerim didn't want it. She squeezed that piece of white paper. Then threw it carelessly to the road below  her feet.

 

Not long after that, a  yellow colored bus stopped  parallel to where she stood. The girl entered  the transportation which was occupied by students from her school. A minute later, the bus streaked away. Leaving a certain  someone with a yellow school uniform who was walking briskly to the place where Kim Yerim were standing just now. Nontheless the boy had a vexed expression masking his handsome features.

 

"Kim Yerim, I think I'm not just suffering from amphetamines now. I got a heartache just now because you just threw my letter again for the hundredth time."

 

Jungkook exhaled. He barely picked the paper that has been thrown by Yerim a couple of  minutes ago. It was a secret letter from Jungkook. He gazed at the paper alternately to the bus where Yerim might

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter