1/1

Whilst Winter Lasts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sehun and Lu Han had been together as a master-kitten pair for a couple of months now. One would think that they were a couple of raging hormonal teenagers at how they’d gone at it practically everywhere in the house during the first week of being together. Maybe they really were – at heart. Age was only a number, as Sehun reasoned.

 

But aside from being a couple of guys, they also balanced it with getting to know each other along the way. Sehun lived alone and the kitten had taken it as an oath not to make him feel lonely again. Not that the master actually felt lonely, but Lu Han just had this feeling that he might have felt that from time to time before, too. Maybe he just wasn’t admitting it.

 

They pretty much know a lot about each other at this point although it was evident how they didn’t rush on anything. Much to Lu Han’s delight, Sehun was indeed a one-kitten master. When he found out about it he felt like he was jumping on the clouds. At some point, he believed he might have saved a country in his past life to be where he was now. Especially whenever he thought of how some of his kitten friends had troubles with their masters (or with finding masters).

 

He’d shown himself in his kitten form for several times now but Lu Han had to sulk – several times, too – to convince Sehun to show him his wolf form. The master had promised but it was proving to be a little difficult to fulfill with how he had grown busy with work.

 

This topic mattered so much to the blonde kitten that he went to his friends, asking if they’d ever seen their masters shift. It was through this little research that he found out that not much masters liked to shift into their wolf forms—and Lu Han couldn’t comprehend. Wolves were majestic beings and they should be proud of it. At least, not to the public, otherwise he was sure that they’d be hunted down.

 

He also found out that there was a difference between the masters in the academy and the wolves that were depicted in fictional works. Werewolves, were the term used for those who coincide with the moon, but the masters – the wolves – shift on their own will. They don’t necessarily have a pack, a mate or this natural thing called imprints. It was totally different.

 

Lu Han was fascinated and he wasn’t going to let the year pass without beholding it with his own eyes.

 

 

 

 

It was already the 27th of December by the time that Sehun returned to Korea.

 

He mentally cursed himself. He missed the first Christmas he should have spent with his kitten over an important shoot that was held in Bali. Maybe he should have just brought him with him. He’d already apologized through the phone but the disappointment in Lu Han’s voice was audible enough for him to catch on. He was distracted enough by work but now that he’d finally returned, it was starting to gnaw at him again.

 

He stepped into the house with heavy steps, heart racing at how silent it was. The light in the house was dim and everything was silent. By this time, their pet dog was asleep and most lights were already off. Without much thinking, Sehun set his luggage down as silently as he could so as to make himself as inconspicuous as possible.

 

Lu Han was probably already asleep. It was with this thought in mind that he opened the kitten’s room, but he saw him standing on top of a stool, reaching for something over his cabinet. He seemed to have not noticed Sehun’s presence.

 

“Kitty?”

 

“Ah—!”

 

Thud. Lu Han slipped from the stool, very much startled and fell on his bottom on the floor. Sehun was quick to scuttle over, already feeling sorry but before he could grab hold of the latter, he had scooted against the wall, as if avoiding the master and looking at him as if he was in something very surreal. He brought his knees to his chest, those doe eyes looking at him in disbelief.

 

“M-Master…?”

 

“What did I tell you about calling me master?”

 

“…oh. S-Sehun…”

 

Silence.

 

“Is it really you…?”

 

He knew it. With a sigh, Sehun crouched down to level his face with Lu Han’s, lunging in for a soft peck. “I’m back. I’ve missed you.” But when he leaned back, he was met by a pouting kitten. He wasn’t meeting his gaze. Sehun took the other’s hands in his, and fortunately, without any protest. On the other hand, the master had his gentle eyes set on the latter.

 

“Look at me, kitty.”

 

Lu Han’s ears visibly twitched but he still wasn’t complying.

 

“Look at me.”

 

Perhaps the stern voice made Lu Han do so. He was biting on his lower lip and Sehun knew that he was thinking. Maybe thinking of something to say. Before the master could speak, the other beat him to it.

 

“I’m sorry I’m just… I was…” Sehun could see Lu Han stumble for the right words, especially at how Lu Han’s fingers tightened around his own. He didn’t need to tell him that he needed to hear his thoughts, the blonde already knew just with that tone. “Scared. Jealous. A little lonely… I really prepared everything and… no you.”

 

Sehun’s heart clenched in both delight and ruefulness. He was so sorry. But before he could delve into these emotions, a sniffle stopped him. Lu Han was holding his tears back.

 

“My kitty friends all had these perfect Christmas time with their masters and I know I shouldn’t be moping about this but I was just so… jealous. I’ve missed you so damn much, Sehun, and there’s only myself in the house and the silence was just painful because I miss—”

 

Lu Han was cut from his statement when Sehun cupped his cheeks firmly and made him look at him, wiping the tears that rolled down his cheeks. The master held his teary gaze with such earnest and apology. “I’m very sorry, Lu Han. I’m really sorry. I really should have brought you with me. I didn’t expect for the schedule to be extended.”

 

Sighing, Sehun pulled Lu Han into a tight hug and pressed a kiss on the crown of his head. “I’m here now.”

 

That night, they drowned under the sheets and in each other’s touch, the room exploding with passion for each other.

 

 

 

 

The next morning, Lu Han woke up with a big yawn. He felt boneless but he was definitely satisfied—complete, refreshed and whole. Turning to his side, Sehun was still sleeping and half his face was buried into the plush pillow. The sight brought a lazy smile to his lips. Sure, having steamy moments and having was great and all, but he also loved all these other things with the master, like this very lazy morning.

 

He brushed the stray brown locks from Sehun’s closed eye, just admiring the contours of his face. The pale skin, the chapped thin lips, and the way he breathed in and out evenly. But at times like these, there was a funny way that the sleeping one always happens to stir awake—which Sehun did.

 

There was a grumble in the master’s throat as he snuggled more against the blankets and buried his face completely into the pillow. Lu Han failed to hold his small laugh. Sehun seemed to have wanted to sleep more, but maybe hearing the blonde’s laughter made him perk up.

 

Instead of snuggling into the pillows, Sehun turned back to snuggle against Lu Han instead, pulling him into his strong arms and his bare chest. The blonde kitten just couldn’t protest. Sehun was very clingy when he was half-asleep. It made him triumphant that it wasn’t him who’s clinging all the time.

 

“Good morning,” came a gravelly greeting from Sehun and Lu Han mentally despised how hot it was to his ears.

 

“Good morning. Sun’s already high up, master. You should start waking up.” Lu Han’s voice had a playful tinge to it which the other failed to catch.

 

“Lu Han. That master term.”

 

“Oka

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter