Small Things

Everlasting Arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song Recommendation:

Small Things by Ben Howard

The usual disclaimer applies; please know that I don't know the people I mention here personally, I don't know their personalities, their life or their history, and that the scenes which are depicted here are from my imagination, therefore not real.

 

            

            Shin Hye woke up to the sound of her phone ringing. She did not do anything physical, but her body felt sore that every move was excruciating.

            “Yoboseyo.” She winched as she heard her hoarse voice.

            “Ahjumma, Kwenchana?” It took Shin Hye a minute to register who the owner of the voice was.

            She sat up slowly. In the process, pressing her hand on her temple. “Oh, Kim Soo Hyun-sshi. Deh, Kwenchanayo.”

            As if sensing that something was amiss, he asked, “Are you sure you’re okay? You don’t sound that good ahjumma.”

            “I said I’m okay. You don’t have to worry about me, I’m sure you have other things to worry about.” She said scathingly. Shin Hye knew that she was out of line, that she does not have the right to get mad. She knew that being rational about the entire situation was the mature thing to do, she thought, ‘I keep saying that I’m a strong woman, but I guess when it comes to the matters of the heart, I am no different from a little bird waiting for her mother to bring her sustenance.’

            Speaking of sustenance, Shin Hye heard her stomach growl. “Do you need anything else? If there’s nothing, I have to go. Bye.” Not waiting for his reply, she hanged the phone, not caring if it seemed that she didn’t have manners.

            Through the couple of heartbreaks that she had, she realized that the more she tries to act like nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter