Final - Strange Stranger

Strange Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
“When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I’m already better than them.” ― Marilyn Monroe

 

Strange Stranger

From nothing to something was not easy thing to do.

Even until Jeon Jungkook felt like his tiring and hard days during training days and his rookie days has been paid off, he felt like this is just another nightmare he would face. Yes, nightmare— no hyperbolic statement indeed.

As an idol, he was being forced to smile every time. Every people demanded him to give his fullest in every performances BTS attends— they didn’t even consider exactly how many times he was being forced to dance, sing and rap those songs, again and again. Even though he was hurting— doesn’t matter mentally or physically— he should smile and grin in front of the camera like a children.

Not helping his status as the youngest amongst all member of BTS, he should smile like a cute child all the time, prohibited to work out his body, or even being forced to do some kind of aegyos— and some of that are not his real personality at all.

Idols are just humans, why would they were being demanded to act like some kind of emotionless robot? Even after BTS officially became an idol, once underground rapper, his hyung Min Yoongi, still felt such amazement for idols because their endurance skills for this kind of things.

Getting hate and getting love at the same time is just another ordinary thing— even without becoming idols, every people felt the same thing. But for idols, people demanded the impossible.

When they have ugly faces, those netizens bashed.

When they got work done on their faces, those netizens spat such harsh words again.

When they can’t sing, those netizens booed.

When they can’t dance, those netizens laughed.

When they can’t rap, those netizens mocked.

People are not perfect that way, of course they have some things lacked. When they have such beautiful voices, probably they can’t dance or they don’t have good-looking face— that was the time when that idols would get some kind of mean words for the lacks of dance skill and good-looking face. Or probably when they have good-looking face, they didn’t have quiet talents to make themselves equal with their teammates’ skills— that was also the chance for getting hate.

What about Jungkook?

Jungkook lacked nothing above, but he still found people who mocked him or looked down at him. He really didn’t know what he should do anymore.

He loves his job, he really does. Even he really wanted to say that he didn’t give a damn about others’ thoughts about his choices, especially the ones who didn’t love him, he was truly hurting when some people said bad stuffs about him and his choices.

This morning was just another day when he met someone that commented bad stuffs about him, his hyungs in group and their choices. Even though Yoongi said that they shouldn’t give a damn care about those stupid mockeries, but Jungkook was just another ordinary human— he feels pain and sadness because of it.

 

“Good at everything means you are just so-so in everything right?”

“You are main vocal? But your voice is kind of lame.”

“I don’t believe in idols, they are full of fakes.”

 

Unable to take those words out of his minds, he paddled his mountain bike faster in frustration, before he pulled the brake randomly and got out of his bike with a harsh sigh from his mouth. He rested his bike under the tree, before he sat on the ground full of grass harshly.

A light chuckle bothered his mind, before he quickly lifted his face to see the source of that mysterious voice.

A young girl, not older or probably even younger than early twenty— Jungkook’s guess— around his age was sitting silently on the swings not too far from him. Her hair blew softly because of the gentle wind swished around the place, caressing her hair. Her hands were holding the swing’s ropes gently, while her eyes filled with warmness, staring right at Jungkook with soft smile painted on her lips.

Jungkook’s eyes widened. He forgot the chance of him being recognize in this public place, quickly stepping backward on the tree’s shadows, hoping for the girl not to recognize him. He frowned when he realized the girl was still chuckling at him— he knew she was really chuckling because of him. “What’s so funny?” He retorted.

He didn’t want to be mean like that, but he guessed because his mind filled with lots of negative stuffs that bothered his emotions and heart, his words sounded meaner than usual.

The girl chuckled again, shaking her head. “I’m sorry,” she politely apologized, but her smile still painted brightly on her lips. “A bad day, I guess?” She guessed his mood correctly, which polite and kind words full of sincerity that melted Jungkook’s heart.

That bright smile took Jungkook’s heart, even for seconds, he forgot how to breathe. He quickly admitted that no one ever smiled that bright, especially in the middle of cold night like this, her warm and bright smile looked like a morning sun— so bright and meaningful.

“I guess so,” he replied, resting his head on the tree with no worry about other unimportant things like ants or bugs that might crawl to his hair. He is more worried about his sudden ‘easy-going’ personality that was so out-of-character of him— why would he reply so honestly to a stranger’s question? “How can you know?” He asked such unimportant question, actually.

Another chuckle came out from , before a warmer smile replaced her lips. “Well, aside from your flashy appearance in here, riding that bike passing me before like some kind of mad man— going fast then suddenly pulled the brake of that poor bicycle— your heart literally screamed for some kind of relaxation and consolation.” She confidently stated while her foot played a big part for her swings to repeatedly fly forward and backward slowly.

“What..?” Jungkook widened his eyes in surprise.

This was the first time he met someone— a stranger— who pointed out what his heart felt without any kind of hesitation on her words.

What a weirdo.

“As a philosopher and poet of ancient China, Lao Tzu, has stated it.” The girl suddenly closed her eyes, speaking clearly— loud enough for Jungkook to hear about what she said. “’ Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner,’ you shouldn’t let negative thoughts of someone else reached your heart like that.”

Jungkook widened his eyes. This girl is really weird— how can she know, even exactly, what was bothering him right now?

“How can you—“

Before Jungkook finished his statement, she cut his words with her soft voice. “Because when so many people hate for everything you do, meaning that so many people also loves for everything you do.” She stated, confidently. Even just some words, Jungkook felt his burdens, hatred and vexation were being lifted up from his heart— he felt suddenly freed from all negative thoughts that jailed his minds. “And don’t you have to be worried about hatred those people gave—’People who repeatedly attack your confidence and self-esteem are quite aware of your potential, even if you are not.’ Quotes by British filmmaker, Wayne Gerard Trotman.”

Jungkook took silence as an act for couple of minutes, staring right at the girl who smiled confidently with such warmness and kindness filled her stare.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter