The Second Time We Met

Drinking yak, sham and wits

 

 

 

When it comes to winter, it´s all about snow. For it to be pretty and white to flaunt the innocence of coldness to the whole world. That´s what the winter is about. With a smile on my lips I watched the small lanterns decorating my front yard and driveway. The yellow light was emphasising the sparkling snow and my employees were standing in their white coats as elves in expectation of the guests. It was Christmas and I was holding a party again.

 

I was standing in my bedroom and looking out of the window. Even I wanted to be pure this day and decided to wear white. I put the white blazer over the vest and secured it with a silver chain. Hearing all the voices, I knew it was time for me to descend and welcome my guests. For the last time I glanced out on the yard and hoped to see there this one person. But to my disappointment, out of the just arrived limousine climbed a couple in red instead. I sighed and straightened my sleeves.

 

But when I was coming down the main stairwell to deliver my speech, smile unconsciously climbed on my lips. Cheerful carols were quietly whispering into the festive atmosphere. Decorations made from evergreen, mistletoe and red ribbons were together with sweet scent of vanilla candles making the right atmosphere. Only that my smile arose from something different.

 

He must have just arrived because while walking forward, he was still brushing the snow off of his hair. Brown curls and chocolate eyes, Donghae came again. Once again he stood out in the crowd, ignoring the Christmas dress code. White lacy dresses, green suits or red sweaters were all around him, as he confidently stood there in his black suit.

 

“Thank you all for coming into my humble house, this year for the last time,” I raised my glass witch champagne. My eyes fell upon the charming man holding his very own glass, only with cognac. “I hope you will enjoy this peaceful night with the best of music, refreshments and company. Shall all the ladies find a partner for their dance and gentlemen a partner for their toast. Please, don´t hold back and enjoy yourselves to the fullest! Merry Christmas!”

 

“Merry Christmas!” My guests in expensive robes cheered and raised their glasses.

 

Immediately I was swallowed by the whirlpool of everyone that wanted to exchange at least a few words with the famous host. I lost Donghae from my sight and hoped he would let me find him again. Meanwhile I had to entertain and at the same time protect my white suit from getting spoiled by the omnipresent red wine.

 

Compared to the last party, the company was much more appealing. No big horns and long teeth, no excessive fur or blue skin. This time all the ladies had careful make up and skin covering clothes. Men had their furious eyes hidden behind gold rimmed glasses and long beards clean cut. I bowed to everyone with honest respect and was welcomed with praises as sincere.

 

When I finally managed to sail through the sea of frilly skirts and cigar smoke, I landed in the dining room hoping to find Donghae here. He was standing by the long table with a plate in his hand and eating the Christmas pudding. My lips tightened when I walked to him.

 

“Is the food to your liking this time?” I asked him honestly curious.

“Very much,” Donghae answered with a smile, “hello.” He added making me feel slightly nervous.

“I´m glad you came,” I turned away bashfully and picked a grape.

“Although I didn´t get the invitation?” He asked me and put his empty plate away, picking his glass instead. I ate the grape.

“That´s because I failed to deliver it,” I told him, “you didn´t give me your address.”

“I told you, where a live, didn´t I?” Donghae chuckled and I hated being teased, but I decided to get over this smoothly.

“I wished I could put a title in front of your name, what should I have called you?” I asked instead. I still didn´t know the identity of my mysterious guest.

“Let me see,” Donghae looked into his clear glass and swirled the cognac a little. “How about conqueror?”

“Why so?” The grape wine lost my attention when my eyes darted toward the handsome brunette.

“That´s a secret!” Donghae chuckled and I suddenly felt like sulking. He only kept picking on me.

“Just go home then, you are aren´t dressed for the occasion anyway!” I told him harshly and looked away. I hoped none of my guests noticed my conflicted self because this behaviour didn´t suit my dress at all.

“Can´t you help me out this time too?” I glanced up at the man that was awkwardly smiling at me, he felt sorry and I didn´t have the heart to send him away for real. I cared for his presence too much.

“How could I not,” I mumbled still childishly sulking.

 

I turned to the long table and started looking for a candlestick. When I found it, I picked a holly with three red berries that was there for the decoration. The small accessory I brought to Donghae´s chest and skilfully arranged it at his pocket. With the white handkerchief as background, the holly looked charming. I took a step back and nodded for myself.

 

“Thank you, Eunhyuk,” Donghae smiled and seemed really happy to be here. I couldn´t frown anymore, it was impossible.

“Sir, it´s time,” unfortunately one of my servants appeared by my side and whispered into my ear. I sighed dejected.

“Would you excuse me, Donghae? I have some duties,” I offered him an apologetic glance and the latter only chuckled, gesturing me to go.

 

With heavy heart I left the dining room and rushed to the big Christmas tree in the main room. The music stopped playing and my guests began crowding around me. It was the biggest event of the night, giving out presents. I was standing right in front of the tree and everyone was watching me with expectation. Glimmering eyes and held breaths, everyone was excited.

 

“Shh!” I covered my lips with my finger and not a single noise could be heard in the whole villa.

 

I closed my eyes and everyone with me. The lights were turned off but not a single soul thought of panicking. Not even when the huge wall clock announced midnight and the loud melody of the old machine filled the room with an echo. Once the melody stopped, the lights were again.

 

“Merry Christmas,” I whispered and only then the room started booming with various greetings and carols.

 

The space under the tree was completely full of presents. Various boxes in all possible sizes with golden and red ribbons, striped or with dots were provided with small tags. Each tag had a name of one of my guests, everyone had a present under the tree. Present that was perfect, that they would love. Only one person didn´t get anything.

 

“Wow, amazing,” Donghae clapped his hands when I managed to get back to him. He was standing in the doorframe, leaning elegantly against the wood.

“Not really,” I lowered my head, “your present is not there because you didn´t confirm your participation.”

“Is that why you look so dejected?” Donghae´s mood was great, even though he didn´t get a present.

“I should have prepared something personally at least, I did believe you would come,” I said truthfully.

“Of course, I´m the one that comes uninvited and unexpected. It couldn´t be any other way,” the mysteriousness of the man in front of me was almost unbearable but at the same time, I wanted more of it.

“You are enjoying yourself, right?” I relaxed a little, when I knew he wasn´t bothered by the gift.

“Very much,” Donghae agreed, “the worlds I create aren´t even as close to the beauty of the small universe of your house.”

“Although I should thank you for the compliment, more I´m curious about those worlds of yours. What are they like?” I asked perhaps a little too eagerly. This time I could possibly find out more about Donghae. Is he a conqueror or a creator?

“They are a little darker than your white skin, dryer than your juicy lips and much more shallow than your deep eyes,” Donghae confidently said in a low voice. “But I still think, my hands can create beautiful things. Because, after all, you are a little out of my reach.”

“Are you a king?” The question escaped my lips unknowingly, my heart was raging against the ribcage.

“Only in my castle,” Donghae smiled, “I just thought of the present.”

“Present?” I blinked. “Are you really mad that you didn´t receive any?”

“No, because I don´t want those presents, I could have any of those,” he pointed to the tree and I thought for myself, that it was impossible. “This one present I want, I will pick it by myself.”

 

The smirk on his face was suspicious and when he pointed with his finger above his head, I realised in awe that we were standing beneath the mistletoe. I wonder, if he stood in the doorframe knowing that. But soon all the questions were out of my head as Donghae grabbed my shoulders and gently pushed me forward.

 

He kissed me straight on the lips. It was quick and nobody have probably seen it, which is sad because I wanted to ask, if it really happened. It was too short but way too blissful. I closed my eyes and had them closed for a long time. I promised myself to not make any mistake this time, yet when I opened my eyes, Donghae was gone. Like the sound of carols, like the vanilla smoke of candles.

 

It was a short moment from Halloween to Christmas but it was still too far from spring.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello! This is the second chapter, how do you like it? Poor Hyukjae is confused so much, I wonder if Donghae even knows everything about his host. Anyway, the next chapter is the last so please waith patiently for the update! Oh, and let´s support Wook and the first official album of SJ label! Thank you for reading and have a nice day, I´m off writing my thesis. - PandaHero ***