Chapter 1

Blue Romance

The shouts and scream made by the crowd was deafening. Spectators stood on their feet as they held their breath when they noticed that the hot favourite was at least half-a body length behind from the current leader. As the bell rang, indicating the final lap, the star of the day began to speed up. His were faster and stronger, with water splashing at all directions with each and kick. Sensing that the star was amping up his game, their cheers grew louder. The louder the cheers, the faster their star swam. At the 25m mark, as he turned his head slightly to the right and saw his competitor right beside him. The crowd screamed even louder upon seeing this sight.

“10m more, 5m more and Ok Taecyeon has won the 200m Men’s Freestyle event after a thrilling swim! What a match it was!” The commentator screamed in delight alongside with the crowd.

The hot favourite and star swimmer of Seoul Swimmer’s Academy (SSA) was none other than Ok Taecyeon.

Taecyeon had a tiring day. After the competition, he was required to stay back at the venue for interviews and photo sessions for the newspaper tomorrow in which he utterly detested doing. Unfortunately, he had no choice and was obliged to do so as it was an order from the higher-ups in SSA. Heading towards the nearby swimming complex near SSA, he changed into his swimsuit, deciding to swim a few laps to de-stress himself. As he was near the entrance, he heard splashing sounds coming from the complex.

“That’s strange, who is swimming at this late hour and furthermore at this run-down complex” Taecyeon pondered. Instead of de-stressing at the well-maintained pool in SSA, Taecyeon will always take a 10 minute walk to this complex in order to escape from all the fame in the school. It’s had always bothered him that there will be fangirls by the poolside constantly desperately wanting him to pay attention to them especially when he was practicing.

He noticed someone swimming laps in the pool. Walking closer, he realized that the swimmer was a lady. As he stood by the ledge, he closely observed her , her kicks, breathing technique and her turns, quickly realizing that she had potential to be a great swimmer in the future.

 

Yoona stretched her hand and touched the wall. She plopped her arms on the ledge of the pool, removed her googles and cap as she took several deep breaths. She was proud of herself after swimming 20 laps consecutively. Deciding to call it for a day, she climbed up the stairs and headed for the washroom.

“You know you could have swam faster if you had execute your turn properly.” Taecyeon spoke, causing her to turn towards the direction where the voice came from.

As Yoona turned around, he was stunned. He noticed how her long and wavy hair fall on her shoulders,  how y were those lips of her, her slender body and more importantly her doe like eyes. He was instantly captivated by her beauty as he stood there staring at her, feeling speechless.

“Sorry, what did you say again?” Yoona asked as she looked at Taecyeon who remain rooted to the ground. Noticing his outfit, she realized that he had been observing her for quite a period of time.

“Hello, what did you say again?” Yoona waved her hand at Taecyeon, feeling annoyed that he did not respond to her.

“Your timing could have been faster, if you had executed your turn correctly.” Taecyeon answered after being snapped back into reality. “I always had an issue with the turns sigh” as Yoona thought to herself. “Thanks for noticing anyway and goodbye” Yoona said as she turned towards the direction of the washroom.

“Wait!” she heard Taecyeon shout, causing her to turn for the second time. “You don’t know who I am?” he added.

She turned around, stared at him from head to his well-defined swimmer’s body and to his toe before finally making eye-contact at him, with confusion on her face.  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry the short chapter. I assure you that the new few chapters will be longer.