Chapter 1

The way I love you

Taeil and Jihoon had been bestfriends for as long as Taeil could remember. No matter what was going on in his life, he knew he always had Jihoon by his side. They shared so many memories together. So many days and nights through the years spent talking, laughing, joking and having fun together. If he was sad or unhappy, Jihoon would always be the first person he talked to. Jihoon always had the best advice. 

Sure, they had other friends as well. Taeil truly loved his other bestfriends Minhyuk, Jaehyo, Yukwon, Kyung and Jiho, but not the same way he loved Jihoon. There was just something special about Jihoon. Taeil couldn't really put the feeling into words. Jihoon was just different somehow, and everytime he was around he would make Taeil feel a loving warmth in his heart.

There was barely a second of the day he didn't think of Jihoon. Whenever Jihoon wasn't around, Taeil would always wonder what he was doing in that moment, and if he was also thinking of Taeil. Then he would blush and feel silly because why would Jihoon be constantly thinking of Taeil? They were bestfriends the same way that they were also bestfriends with Minhyuk, Jaehyo, Yukwon, Kyung and Jiho. Why would Jihoon think of Taeil more than he was thinking of his other friends?

Sometimes Taeil was wondering why him and Jihoon were the only ones of their friends who never have had a girlfriend before. Jihoon was cute and handsome, and there was no doubt that the girls liked him. Whenever they were out in pulblic, Taeil always noticed how girls where staring at Jihoon with curious eyes. Jihoon on the other hand, never seemed to notice how girls looked at him. He didn't really look at them either, like if he wasn't interested. 

Their friends often joked about Jihoon and Taeil being more than friends. They were laughing along, and Jihoon used to hug Taeil and kiss his cheek while he said that "One day guys! One day I'll marry my little boyfriend!" Of course Taeil knew he was joking, but his heart would always beat faster whenever Jihoon hugged him, and deep inside there was a part of him wishing that it would actually happen someday. 

Taeil had many times wanted to confess his feelings to Jihoon, but there was always something that stopped him from telling how he really felt. Jihoon had been his bestfriend his entire life, and never in a million years would he want to ruin their friendship. All these years he had kept his feelings to himself, and it had to stay this way. He just couldn't risk losing his best friend. 

Taeil was just about to go visit Jihoon when he heard a knock on the door. He glanced out the window and couldn't help but smile when he saw that it was Jihoon standing outside his apartment, patiently waiting for Taeil to open the door. As he welcomed his friend he noticed that Jihoon was acting a bit weird. It looked like he was .. Nervous? Taeil had never seen Jihoon like this before. They knew each other so well. Why would Jihoon suddenly be nervous around him?

"Taeil.." Jihoon started, taking a deep breath to calm down his shaking voice before he continued "There is something I've wanted to tell you for a long time.."