Wedding Bells

Contract 02: A GongLee Project
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We all make mistakes, have struggles and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles and you are here now with the power to shape your day and your future.

 

Seung Yeon and Seulgi spent the night together at the hotel before the wedding. It’s been a while since she had a good sleep in a huge white bed of a hotel. She’s feeling refreshed and energized knowing it’s going to be a great day for Seulgi and Min Hyuk. She gets up and notices Seulgi near the balcony busily talking to someone over the phone. Seulgi notices her as she makes light steps towards her then drops the phone when she’s getting near.

“Oh please don’t end the call. It’s fine. I just want to get some fresh air.” She says to her and takes a deep inhale outside.

“No, it’s fine. It’s just Min Hyuk. He says the boys are also awake.” Seulgi did not mention Jong Hyun’s name but there are traces of worries on her face.

“Are you okay?” Seulgi continues.

“Yes of course. I am really feeling fine today. Thank you for your nice words since you came here in Busan! Are you nervous in your wedding? It’s going to be a great day Seulgi-ya!” She tries her best to cheer up.

“Yes indeed today’s going to be a magical day Unnie!” Seulgi replies brightly to her.

 

Few minutes after having breakfast inside the room the make-up artists came in to do their thing. Facing the large mirror, both Seung Yeon and Seulgi looks extremely beautiful as they get their make-ups on.

“I think I would go for a red lip tint today.” Seung Yeon hands over the shade of red she wants to use.

“No. Just continue with the natural look make-up. You’re totally prettier with light make-up.” Seulgi instructs the girl doing her make-up and Seung Yeon follows.

“For my hair, hmm curls at the end.” Seung Yeon requests from the hair stylist.

“Ah Unnie, a low ponytail looks perfect on you. Please do it to her.” Seulgi instructs again. Seung Yeon suddenly remembers Jong Hyun who always says she’s so pretty in this kind of look. Low ponytail, classic and timeless simple make-up look – a slight hope enters her heart again that Jong Hyun will give at least a glance to her today.

“Unnie, I have to transfer to the room beside for some wedding photos. Someone will pick you up and drive you to the church. Everything you need is in that box, okay?” She points at the box then holds both of Seung Yeon’s hands. She caresses it with a teary look in her face.

“You are so pretty. I’ll see you later, Unnie.” Seulgi suddenly gives her a warm hug before exiting the room still in her bathrobe.

 

With the help of the stylist left in her room, she easily changes to her bridesmaid’s gown Seulgi brought to her the other night. She faces the mirror and is surprised on how she looks with the white, floor-length dress made out of silk trimmed with small lace. It would have been lovely if  I get married like this, she says. Her dress features long lace sleeves, a daring plunging neckline with a sweetheart silhouette. She looks like a real bride in her gown, except that she doesn’t have veil, wedding dress train and of course a groom. She’s somewhat feeling sad thinking if ever this kind of moment will happen to her and Jong Hyun in the future.

 

“Wow. You look really stunning.” The stylist cannot hide her awe looking back and forth at the mirror then to her. 

“But…isn’t my dress too elegant?” She takes another look on herself admiring the beautiful dress.

“It just fits a beautiful lady like you and a beautiful day like today.” The stylist gives off a very sweet and intriguing smile as she makes her way out of the room.

 

She is feeling a bit uneasy being left alone in the car instructed by Seulgi. She hesitates to speak to the driver looking so serious in his attire. She looks at the window from time to time entertaining her worries on the vast field of rye and green grass. The thought of seeing Jong Hyun again makes her happy and nervous at the same time. Will he talk to me this time? Will I ever get the chance to know about his answer to my question before I head back to Seoul? Will he ever forgive me and understand that what I did is for our sake, not just mine? These are the thoughts that keep on running on her head while going to the church. It takes her around 20mins to arrive in front of a small chapel on a hill overlooking the breathtaking view of Songdo beach. The place is really lovely and classic, like a scene you get from watching romantic movies. The chapel looks old and is made of red bricks almost fading due to age but it resembles the structure of European architecture. The driver who is nicely dressed in black suit, a cap that looks like an aviation hat and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter