final

Absolutely Smitten
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoongi taps his fingers on the edge of his desk, back leaned on his chair as he half-listened to Seokjin babbling about this one guy who was, in Seokjin's opinion, perfect for him. Now, this isn't the first time Seokjin's played cupid with his friends, no it absolutely wasn't. His first project was Jeongguk who refused to believe love was real. He only believed in fictional love, the kind you see on the television, the cliché kind. He stayed loyal to that law; that was until he met Kim Taehyung. Seokjin just would not shut up about him. With the amount of times he's talked about Taehyung, Jeongguk felt like he already knew everything about him. Soon enough, Jeongguk gave in, and all it took was a few mangas and a DVD set of an anime Seokjin couldn't remember the name of.

At that point, Jeongguk met Taehyung and they really hit it off, at least Taehyung would say they did. A few days later they decided to go steady. Jeongguk, to this day, is still in denial of all of what he said and refuses to do anything remotely romantic with Taehyung in front of anyone. But behind the scenes, Jeongguk would probably be buried in Taehyung's arms, late at night, having a marathon of another anime that Jeongguk started liking. Taehyung doesn't mind, just as long as he sees Jeongguk react cutely to the scenes of the Japanese animation.

Yoongi glances at the clock, reading the time that said 8:30 A.M. He sighs, deciding in his head that it's finally time to shut the older one up and proceed to the coffee shop a few minutes away from his dorm. To be honest he doesn't really need to go, but there's this one orange-haired guy who he sees every Monday morning. He's seen him quite often there, he realizes, now that he already memorized what time he goes and what table he sits at. To say that this guy was special in Yoongi's life was probably a bit too much, but whenever this guy's lips curl into a smile and his eyes turn to crescents, Yoongi would be lying if he said that his heart doesn't skip a beat and his stomach doesn't become clouded with butterflies. What can he say? The guy was perfect. The way his orange locks fit his face was heavenly, plus the aforementioned smile was definitely sculpted by angels. It was already an excuse to actually like Mondays, and for some people, especially for Yoongi, that was a miracle.

"Hyung," Yoongi says and stands up to make sure Seokjin doesn't start speaking again.

He grabs his bag from the floor and places it on his back. He gets his phone from the table and looks over to Seokjin, eyes now filled with confusion.

"I gotta go," he continues and points at his wrist watch. He opts to walk away but the sound of Seokjin's voice stops him again.

"Where are you going?" Seokjin squeaks, as he follows Yoongi out of his bedroom.

"Starbucks," he simply says and Seokjin chuckles.

"Is it 9 already?" he looks over at the time and Yoongi shakes his head.

"He's not the only reason I go there, you know, like I actually buy coffee from there," Yoongi uses an excuse but the smirk on Seokjin's face can no longer be erased.

"I bet the guy I told you about is way better," Seokjin teases while Yoongi is already halfway out the door.

"Of course you do," he says and before he shuts the door, Seokjin screams "Love you," and Yoongi responds to his words.

Yoongi shakes his head at Seokjin's remark about the guy in the cafe. There is no one in the world as perfect as him. Yoongi couldn't deny the feeling in his stomach whenever he spotted the orange-haired stranger. But even so, he doesn't have the courage to walk over and ask the guy out. A person with those looks obviously already has a partner, plus Yoongi had no idea if he was even gay. He didn't want to assume anything yet. Instead, he hides behind his back and becomes happy just staring over at the handsome stranger, it's much safer that way.

The sun isn't out today and the sky is clouded. However, whatever was falling from the sky was not rain, it was snow. Yoongi shivered and placed his hands in his pockets, now regretting that he didn't bring mittens. Also, he could've bundled up a bit more just for survival. Yoongi just could not stand the cold. Sure, there are good things that can happen during winter, like drinking hot chocolate without burning entirely and playing in the snow. When he thought of these things, it didn't bother him that much, maybe it was just because he was outside today that he couldn't enjoy the winter weather. He doesn't really like going outside in general, whether it was scorching hot or less than zero degrees. Oh, the things he did for that handsome stranger.

When he entered the cafe he was immediately greeted by the smell of hot coffee. He breathed in one last time before walking over to the counter, spotting a familiar face on the way making his smile show.

"Yoongi hyung?" a familiar voice says and Yoongi breaks his stare at the handsome stranger and looks over to the person behind the counter.

"Taehyung? Since when did you work here?" Yoongi asks, a bit disturbed and prays to god that he didn't catch him staring at the guy with orange hair.

"I started Friday, geez, you never come here do you?" Taehyung shakes his head.

"I come once or twice a week" Yoongi shrugs and gets out his wallet. "Any specials?" he looks at the menu.

"Well, our Christmas drinks are available still available."

Yoongi scans the menu one more time before deciding "Peppermint mocha, grande, please" he says "I guess I don't have to say my name, right?" Yoongi says and Taehyung gives his signature box smile before writing on the cup.

He proceeds to his spot. Although this time, it wasn't free. Someone had already occupied the space he usually went to. A slight frown met his lips when he saw the handsome stranger seated on the table right next to it, the stranger always sat there which was right next to the book shelf. However, he didn't want to be obvious, and so he pivoted and settled for a place a few tables away from him, making sure he still had a good view of the orange-haired guy. In the corner of his eyes, before he relocated, he could've sworn that when he looked straight at the stranger, he was looking back, eyes with a hint of disappointment. But Yoongi didn't want get his hopes up for nothing, so he believed that his eyes were only playing tricks on him; even though a blush is still evident on his cheeks. He places his chin upon his hand and stares out the window, not forgetting to glance at the handsome stranger whose eyes were currently fixated at his laptop.

"Peppermint mocha for Yoongi!"

Yoongi looks over to the waiter right in front of him. The waiter places his order on the table, smiles, and makes his way back.

Yoongi takes a sip of his drink before looking at the stranger again. Smoke came out of the stranger's mug and Yoongi suspected that the content of it was an Americano. The stranger took glances between the open notebook on the table and his laptop and suddenly stops when his eyes met Yoongi's. Yoongi freezes, feeling his insides melt. He was thankful that he was sitting because if he were standing his knees would definitely give out and he would be sprawled out on the floor.

The stranger did a double take until his eyes were fixed on Yoongi's, a shade of red quickly spreading on both of their cheeks. Yoongi bit his lip harshly, checking if this was a dream. Luckily it wasn't; sending Yoongi off to cloud nine because the next thing he knows is that the corners of the stranger's lips curl into a smile as his eyes turn into crescents.

Just like in cliché movies, Yoongi feels butterflies fill his stomach and although a blush is evident on his face he manages to muster up the courage to smile back at the stranger. Then proceeding to sip on his drink, forgetting exactly how hot it was and accidentally burns his tongue resulting with him spitting it out. A faint laugh is heard from the other side of the room, and although Yoongi hopes it wasn't, it was from the same handsome boy he was having a staring contest with not two seconds ago. Yoongi wipes his lips with a napkin that was placed by the waiter a while ago and decides to look away from the orange-haired guy to prevent any more embarrassment.

Maybe he should listen to Seokjin. Maybe he should go on that blind date Seokjin's been trying to set him up with; because if he can't look at the stranger for more than five seconds without blushing, Yoongi would probably want the ground to swallow him every time his eyes meet his because of the embarrassment.

Yoongi sighs for the fifth time at the cafe, with at least one fourth of his drink left. He glances at the time yet again, thinking that he should probably leave soon for his afternoon classes. He glances over at the table his eyes have been looking at for a while. The boy had already hid his laptop away and only a notebook remained on the table, save for a few napkins and a drink that was probably too cold to still call it hot coffee.

And if Yoongi had any chances of actually asking the stranger it out, it probably would be now. But of course, before Yoongi could even walk up to the stranger and ask for his name, his feet pivot and make their way to the counter to buy another drink.

A waiter arrives at the stranger's table. He looks up at the waiter with a confused expression and says something about not ordering another drink but the waiter shakes his head.

"Compliments of the guy that just left," the waiter informed him and the o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter