Take it slow

Notice me
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Namjoon could only stare and blink at Yoongi with shocked eyes; he never expected a confession out of the older. Contrary to what others may think, Namjoon has never received a confession from anyone and he was at an extreme loss of what to do right now.
 

"Um, this might not be appropriate, but I... I have to use the bathroom." said Namjoon as he fiddled with his fingers.
 

"You just used it." said Yoongi with a raised eyebrow.
 

"Weak bladder." said Namjoon with a sheepish laugh.
 

"I've seen you chug water like there's no tomorrow before a long trip, Namjoon, your bladder is not weak." said Yoongi as he crossed his arms.
 

"Um, Hoseok's calling me?" tried Namjoon.
 

"No, he's not." said Yoongi, but he looked around and spotted their friend looking at some stuffed animals.
 

When he looked back, Namjoon was gone. Yoongi scanned the gift shop, but the blonde was long gone.
 

"." cursed Yoongi under his breath.


====================================


Must. Find. Jin hyung thought Namjoon as he ran as fast as he could through the amusement park.
 

He was completely freaking out about what Yoongi had said and was desperate to find someone to confide in. When Yoongi wasn't around, Namjoon would turn to Jin and the latter was always willing to lend a listening ear. The blonde stopped running and crouched forward to rest his hands on his knees to catch his breath, he looked over his shoulder and relaxed a bit when he didn't see anyone following him. Namjoon then looked ahead and his face lit up when he saw the familiar vibrant shade of orange that was Taehyung's hair not that far from him. He stood up straight and jogged over, feeling relief when he saw that Jin was there.
 

"Jin hyung!" called Namjoon when he was within ear shot, making the others look over.
 

"Namjoon, where have you been? Where are Hoseok and Yoongi?" asked Jin as the blonde leaned on Taehyung to catch his breath some more.
 

"The-They're at the gift shop back there." replied Namjoon as he pointed somewhere behind him.
 

"Why were you running?" asked Jimin with a curious tilt of his head.
 

"Hiding from someone, perhaps?" asked Jungkook, then grinned when Namjoon looked at him with big eyes.
 

"N-No." he quickly stuttered out, then look at Jin.
 

"Jin hyung, can I talk to you for a minute? It's important." he asked.
 

"Yeah, sure." agreed Jin right away, he then turned towards the other three.
 

"You guys go ahead and get in line for the roller coaster. If we're not back in time, then just get on without us, okay?" he instructed; Taehyung and Jungkook nodded without complaint, but Jimin pouted as he tugged on Jin's shirt.
 

"But I was only going to get on because you were going to be there." he said, Jin cooed at Jimin as he wrapped an arm around him to bring him close and kissed his forehead.
 

"I'll make it up to you by winning you a stuffed animal, how's that sound?" said Jin with a smile.
 

Jimin pouted some more as he shook his head and hugged Jin around the waist then hid his face in the crook of his boyfriend's neck. When Jin tried to pull away to look at Jimin, the latter only let out a whine and held on tighter.
 

"Jimin, Namjoon needs to talk to me right now. Can you maybe just -"
 

"I don't wanna." interrupted Jimin stubbornly, his voice a little muffled.
 

"Chim, you're being a brat right now." said Taehyung with a judging look.


Jimin raised his head just so he could send his friend a glare and Jin took that opportunity to gently grab his boyfriend by the shoulders and pulled away. Jimin looked up at him with puppy eyes and the older just smiled at him.
 

"You don't have to get on the rollercoaster if you don't want to, Jimin. You can just tag along with Namjoon and I." he said, then looked over at Namjoon.
 

"Would that be okay with you?" he asked.
 

"Um, yeah, that's fine." said Namjoon with a nod.
 

Taehyung and Jungkook went ahead to get in line while Jimin tagged along with Jin and Namjoon. They walked for a bit and Jin had Jimin sit on a bench while he and Namjoon talked; the older had a feeling the blonde wanted this to be a one on one thing.
 

"Okay, Namjoon, I'm all ears." said Jin with a smile, they were far enough so Jimin couldn't hear yet close enough to keep an eye on him.
 

"Well, long story short, Yoongi hyung kind of confessed to me." said Namjoon, his cheeks turning a little pink.
 

"Finally." said Jin with a roll of his eyes, making the younger look at him with wide eyes.
 

"You knew?!" asked Namjoon in disbelief.
 

"Well, yeah, it's kind of obvious when you think about it." said Jin with a shrug, "Yoongi's always hogging you and your attention and you should see how sulky he gets when you're out studying with Hoseok... He doesn't mind much when it's me, though."  he said the last part with a confused look, then brushed it off and looked at Namjoon with a smile again.
 

"Anyway, what was your reaction?" he asked.
 

"I ran out on him." replied Namjoon with a sheepish look.
 

"You ran out." repeated Jin in a flat tone.
 

"I panicked, okay?! H-He caught me completely off guard and... I-I don't know how I feel about Yoongi hyung. He's nice, caring, and -"
 

"Whoa, are we talking about the same Min Yoongi here?" interrupted Jin with a mock surprised look.
 

"Jin hyung~" whined Namjoon while stomping his feet a little in exasperation.
 

"I'm kidding." said Jin with a chuckle, he then stepped up and put his hands on a doubtful Namjoon's shoulders.
 

"Listen, Namjoon, just take your time about this. I'm sure Yoongi will understand and be patient while you sort out your thoughts about him." said Jin with an encouraging smile.
 

"You think so?" asked Namjoon as he looked at the older with hopeful eyes.
 

Jin chuckled and nodded, he then pulled in Namjoon for a hug. The latter relaxed a little as he hugged back and rested his forehead on Jin's shoulder while letting out a sigh. Emotions are tiring.
 

"Do you think I made a mess of things by running off?" asked Namjoon without lifting his head.
 

"Mmm, maybe. But I think it'll be okay." said Jin as he soothingly rubbed the blonde's back.
 

Meanwhile, Jimin had been doodling random patterns in the dirt with a stick he found when he looked back at the other two and furrowed his brows when he saw that they were hugging. He didn't feel jealous, more like curious when he saw the thoughtful look on Jin's face as he said something to Namjoon. Jimin got up from the bench and walked over to them, Jin spotted him and smiled with a nod when he saw the younger hesitate to come any closer. Jimin was now beside them and gave Jin a questioning look before looking curiously at the blonde.
 

"You okay, Namjoon hyung?" asked Jimin as he placed a hand on his friend's back, Namjoon raised his head and smiled a little at the younger before nodding.
 

"Yeah, I'm okay." he said, he then realized he and Jin were hugging and quickly pulled away.
 

"I-I'm sorry! Don't get the wrong idea, Jimin!" said Namjoon as he frantically waved his hands in front of him, he didn't see the rock behind him and stumbled over it.
 

Please log in to read the full chapter