One Shot, A Lot of Beers

A Second Try

    Nothing passed NamJoon’s notice, if people thought that he ignored the others it was really because he observed them. He knew them well enough to notice everything. He was a sort of wallflower who watched everything but rarely stepped in. Unless someone needed him he mostly kept to himself and that’s why… when he approached the younger member JungKook almost ran away. He knew it was pretty obvious to their leader but he’d hope that this, like everything else, would go unacknowledged. The tall rapper sat on his bed and ran an awkward hand through his lightly colored hair and JungKook realized that he hadn’t been breathing. His chest was tight and his muscles were stiff as he followed the leader’s motion to move closer. He sat next to the older man and watched him with wide eyes. “JungKook-ah” the man started with his deep voice and the name flowed through the maknae like thunder and dread, “You… you like Jimin don’t you?” he repeated the question he’d asked when he’d entered their shared room. The brunette gulped and shivered as he’s eyes left his hyung and fell to his shoes. “Then why did you--” the man started and the kid immediately shushed him.

    “It’s because… I know it’s my fault, hyung! I know I ruined it myself. With my own hands but… I can’t help it. He’s stopped… loving me and… I don’t know how to deal with it.” The kid burst out in quick sentences.

    “He still loves you, Jongkook-ah” NamJoon tried to reassure him.

    “Not… not in that way. He loves me like he loves Tae or Hobi.”

    “Well…” NamJoon stopped to think and the maknae could see the gears turning in his genius brain. The kid sighed and collapsed back on the bed to stare at the ceiling above him. The blank white ceiling that was apparently in desperate need of dusting. He felt the tears starting to well. He knew. He knew why the older boy had approached him. He knew that it was out of concern and that, if he were being honest, JungKook had really needed this. REALLY needed it. He’d never said anything out loud and it was hanging heavily on him. Once the older had finally gotten him to admit it the emotions burst forward but it was also relieving in a way. He rolled onto his side and let the tears flow while his favorite hyung rubbed heavy circles on his back and waited. Namjoon stayed with him till he’d finished. It was days like this that he was unbelievably thankful to Bang-PD for choosing NamJoon as their leader. Smart, awkward, silly, and a little antisocial but really very helpful and soothing.

 

    NamJoon sighed as he watched the maknae line act for the sake of the broadcast. He watched JungKook play happily with Tae but keep his eyes trained on Jimin. He watched the puppy Jimin avoid contact with his maknae and cling to Hoesuk or YoonGi. The one thing that had come out of all of this was that the little precious angel that was their Jiminie had finally melted the cold rapper Suga’s outer shell. The man laughed heartily with the kid in tow and the leader almost forgot how much that his favorite hyung, YoonGi, had wanted to quit when the high energy kids were added to the group. YoonGi was not like NamJoon in the sense that he was actually pretty social and, despite his concerningly harsh way of showing affection and his sharp comments, he was easily liked. The rapper was actually hugely romantic and had a golden soul but he poured that into their music and his care of the members. Despite popular belief, it was normally the shortest of the rappers who cleaned the dorm, cooked food, and fixed  things. Tae had taken to calling him ‘dad’ when it was just them.Of course that meant that he still called Jin ‘mom’ and the oldest hyung would do his best to ignore him. NamJoon watched as Jimin spared a glance over at JungKook. A sad glance, a longing glance, and a pained glance.

    It wasn’t so hard to watch their overly snappy maknae suffer, even if he really liked the kid, but it was hard to watch the peaceful, sweet, and polite Jiminie. Of course, he knew what had happened and had figured that the pain and the awkwardness would have passed by now. Of course not. It had been months but the pain was still hard for Jimin to pass and JungKook… god knows what got into that kid. He was feeling the loss of his most doting hyung, hard. In the past Jimin had always run behind the tall and capable JungKook, flattering him, playing with him, paying him a lot of attention but the younger boy had always shoved him off. When Jimin couldn’t hold it in any longer, and finally confessed to Kookie the boy had rejected him, pretty roughly. The kid had ignored and avoided his hyung for weeks before the puppy eyed Jimin would apologize and then Jimin had begun to distance himself. He stopped teasing Kookie about going on dates or reaching out to him as often as he could. When asked he who he wanted to go out with, he would now answer the name of another member. He’d promised Kookie, after all, that he wouldn’t bother him anymore.

    The younger boy had been satisfied for the first few days but then it hit him how much he missed the attention that his puppy hyung had given him. He missed the other boy’s touch, his affection. Jimin knew better than to cut it off completely and would hold conversations with their youngest member. He would even pat JungKook’s head when the boy did well or give him hugs when they were excited but it was different now. Jimin was trying not to be in love anymore. He was trying to move on… and Kookie was trying to figure out just why he missed his hyung’s love so much. He still got it but it was different now. The kid would get jealous when he watched the others plays with their puffy faced dancer and NamJoon would watch on, curiously. YoonGi knew too because Jimin had told him everything and JungKook was far too obvious for their quick witted and intelligent rapping Min YoonGi. The older boy hadn’t freaked out or pushed his dongseng away after finding it all out so Jimin had clung to him for support and the older was happy to offer what he could to his little brother in pain. It was cute… of all of them.

    It had been YoonGi who had pointed it out to the maknae.

    “You sound like you have a crush on him.” he’d casually told Kookie after catching the youngest making eyes at his puppy hyung and calling him out only to get a stuttered defense. He’d been caught.

    It had been NamJoon who pushed the youngest to admit it out loud.

    It was Tae who made a joke about going on a date with his Jiminie and cause an uproar in the dorm making JungKook sensitive and snappy.

    And it was the hyungs together who came up with a plan. YoonGi couldn’t stand the stress of watching them and NamJoon knew something had to change or the rift between members would widen. It was like the members were subconsciously choosing sides. HoSeuk and YoonGi were obvious supporters for Jiminie and, without realizing it, had lessened their interactions with Kookie while Jin and NamJoon had increased their attention for the kid. Tae lingered between the two, swayed by whatever was most fun or interesting at the time. To be completely honest it was JungKook who distanced himself from YoonGi hyung the moment that he sensed that Jimin liked the older boy more now. Of course, it wasn’t really true but jealousy makes you crazy the leader supposed. It was damaging their teamwork and it had to stop but he wasn’t sure how. YoonGi understood the how and formulated the plan cooly. He sent Jimin and Jin out for a few household necessities when JungKook and TaeHyung went to play basketball. He and NamJoon suggested that the three leftovers grab a bunch of beer and get trashed. They had an off day tomorrow. Hobi agreed instantly and they pooled together to get enough beer to make the whole dorm pass out. By the time the others had arrived the three of them had already started and Hobi was drunkenly dancing circled around their living room. It was Tae and Kookie who’d come back first. They showered and joined their hyungs at least for the snacks. Although Kookie was still a minor, neither NamJoon nor YoonGi stopped him from sneaking sips of Tae’s drinks. He thought he was sneaky and the hyungs let him have the pleasure.

    When Jimin and Jin returned Tae and Hobi were comparing stupid dance moves, Kookie was snacking on popcorn, and NamJoon and YoonGi were smiling widely at each other as if they’d been drinking too hard. “YA!” he called to Jimin who had almost abruptly made a beeline to his room and the puppy stopped to look back at his leader. “Ya! Jimin-ah! C’mere!” he demanded and the little dancer’s eyes moved to YoonGi who nodded and patted the floor next to where he was sitting. “You two Jinnie Hyung” NamJoon announced, “Come o’er here an have a drunk… drink.” He giggled at his mess up and YoonGi played along. Of course neither of them were drunk but this was the best way to convince the others to drink along. Jin sighed heavily but he couldn’t resist when NamJoon called him Jinnie… it was just something he liked. His own pet name. Jimin timidly placed himself near his favorite hyung as Jin asked something that Tae and Kookie had not.

    “So… why did we decide to get drunk tonight?”

    “‘Sa free day tuhmarra” YoonGi slurred cheerfully and rubbed Jimin’s fluffy hair before opening a beer just for the kid. Jimin seemed to have decided to stay as he took the beer from his hyung and took a heavy gulp. NamJoon watched JungKook stare enviously at Jimin and YoonGi for several moments before he challenged the room to a chugging contest. Of course Jin was fastest, followed, surprisingly by YoonGi, then he and HoSeuk… lastly the two 95 line kids who still weren’t as versed in the finer points of getting trashed like his hyungs. Jimin’s face was tinged a light pink and this time he opened his own beer and then one for his hyungs, handing them out. Lastly he handed an unopened can to Tae who whined but still accepted it. The hyungs giggled and cracked jokes to one another until the pink rose on Jimin’s ears. YoonGi leaned in and whispered something to the younger boy. They were sitting as closely as they could and Jimin was smiling happily at the attention. JungKook didn’t miss it and NamJoon didn’t miss the kid scrunching up his nose in irritation. YoonGi exchanged eye contact and their leader nodded slightly as to signal that it was working so far. “Wahhhh” YoonGi cooed happily, “Jiminie-ah, you’re sooooo cute!” he pulled the younger into him and roughly tousled his hair while the puppy boy laughed happily and pretended to fight back.

    “Hyung!” he whined and JungKook turned his face away.

    “Oh! Let’s play a game!” the short, usually cold rapper called and everyone joined in. When YoonGi was in a good mood and wanted to play no one could say no. “Let’s play a truth game. NamJoonie will start! Ask someone a question and we’ll all go around answering it. Whoever takes too long or lies gets hit.” Everyone agreed, it was a chance for the younger ones to smack their hyungs and it followed the hyungs plans. NamJoon started out with a math question and everyone got hit except YoonGi who had easily figured out the answer. Jin, who was next, asked everyone’s favorite video game. It was lame and everyone protested, but they still answered. YoonGi got hit because he didn’t really like video games. A new rule was added, you can’t use the same answer as another member. Next was Tae who asked one of his alien questions no one understood and got hit himself. HoSeok asked a personal question about what celebrity that they’d gotten to like best. It was close to what they were looking for but not quite there. In the meantime YoonGi had kept his arm wrapped around Jiminie and Kookie was having a hard time not glaring at them. The maknae was taken by surprise and didn’t have a question ready so he got hit, Jimin asked about everyone’s current favorite song to perform. He would wonder that. YoonGi felt a little grin spread as he asked his own question, “If you had to  go on a date with one member of the group, a real date mind you, who would you chose?”

There was a moment of silence and Jin answered first. He’d rather go with NamJoon because the conversation would be good. NamJoon reciprocated Jin’s  answer and Tae piped out that he thinks it would be most fun to go with himself. he got smacked but they didn’t relent and waited for the others to answer, Hobi chose Tae with a silly look on his face and they high fived. Tae was happy to be chosen. While they celebrated Jimin glanced over to his hyung who he was leaning against. The older boy was watching him with a lazy smile and NamJoon watched as Kookie twitched. The puppy boy snuggled closer to his hyung and leaned up to say something ever so softly into the man’s ear. YoonGi raised the hand that had been lazily resting on the younger boy’s shoulders and began to rub his fingers just below Jimin’s handsome jaw. The younger boy flushed slightly and made eye contact with his hyung. NamJoon had to admit, it looked really intimate. Kookie yanked the all but full beer from TaeHyung’s hand and gulped it all down at once. That was a surprise and YoonGi burst into laughter cooing about how Kookie is ‘a man’. Tae whined and Jimin giggled but Jin looked like he was about to burst a vein. The loud cracking sound pulled everyone’s attention away from the crazy kid and onto NamJoon who grinned sheepishly as he tried to put the chair leg back on the chair. Of course he’d done it on purpose, pulling himself up by the frail wooden chair, but he was going to pretend like he didn’t. The other rapper sighed and released his hold on Jimin to drag his lazy limbs across the room and towards his tool box.

He knew what his leader was doing, but why make him work so hard? He should at least help. He supposed that it was Joonie’s lazy nature. When he returned he could see JungKook’s red flushed face and then the emotions burst forward. Tears spread across the kid’s face and he almost, almost, felt bad. Finally the youngest of them started to sob loudly and pushed Jin away to call Jimin’s name. He sobbed the older boy’s name even after he’d come to JungKook’s side, even while he was holding him in his arms and rubbing his back to reassure him that he was there. NamJoon suggested that Hobi and Tae go play videogames in their room. Jin took the hint and followed along while he and YoonGi waited and then abandoned Jimin to deal with a drunken, crying Kookie. Trying their hardest to ignore the pain on Jimin’s face. He was trying so hard not to be in love with the brunette in his arms but it was so obvious that it hadn’t stopped yet and Jimin didn’t know how to properly handle a situation like this. “Hyung… Ji… Jimin Hyung” The beautiful boy sobbed into Jimin’s chest and his fingers clutched hard onto the older boy’s shirt. It hurt to see JungKook hurting and he wanted to kiss the tears from the boy’s eyes and promise everything would be okay, but he was pretty sure that it would make things worse. Or at least, that’s what JungKook had told him. Ew, hyung no. You are so not my type and you’re reaaally annoying. The words still rang and pained Jimin’s heart and he didn’t want to be holding the boy who was crying into his arms. He didn’t want to be alone with him. He didn’t want to be there. It was suffocating and scary… but he couldn’t leave him either. He’d tried so hard to push the feelings away but he couldn’t. He bit his lip as he whispered gentle reinforcements to the crying boy who said nothing but his name on repeat.

Jimin rubbed soft circled into Kookie’s back, assuring him that it would be fine once the alcohol wears off. He rested his head on Kookie’s shoulder while the boy nestled into his collar. The puppy boy wondered if the kid could feel his heart race. He wondered why JungKook was crying so hard. He wondered why the usually very well behaved maknae had drank in the first place. The sobs started to fade but Jimin would hold the boy as long as he wanted. After a while Kookie finally called him again, “J-Jimin... Hyung…”

“Huh?” Jimin noted, “I’m here, what is it?”

“H-Hyung I’m s-sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it. I cried my first time being drunk too” he giggled, remembering how irritated TaeHyung was when Hobi had carried him home.

“No… not for that.” he sighed and dug his face harder against Jimin’s neck and chest. The feelings of his breath floated through Jimin’s thin shirt and the puppy boy concentrated hard on controlling his breath. Why was this happening?

“Well… whatever it is, then it’s okay.” the dancer reassured him with measured and controlled breaths.

“It’s not okay! It’s not okay, hyung. Nothing is okay. It’s my fault and I ruined it but nothing is okay!” The kid suddenly pushed Jimin away and glared at him, “I don’t even deserve this but you’re too nice! You’re too understanding! You’re too friendly! And YoonGi!” Jimin thought he’d been doing pretty well treating the boy he loved like he did the other members… had he still been too clingy? He just sat back and stared at the still tearing and angry kid in front of him. “Aish!” JungKook violently tousled his hair and the moved toward his hyung again. He looked really angry so the puppy hyung braced himself to be hit, although he wasn’t sure why. “Hung, why?” JungKook finally asked and Jimin opened his eyes to see the kid’s face only a few inches from his own. Too close. His brain couldn’t catch his mouth and he just sat there with wide eyes and an open mouth that couldn’t form words. Too close. He could feel the warmth of the arm that his dongseng was using to hold himself up, hovering over his hyung. “Hyung, why? Why is it like this? Why am I so stupid?”

“Huh? You’re really smart, Kookie-ah. Did you do bad on a test or something?”

“No! Hyung pay attention!” the younger boy growled as he sat back and rubbed his face before holding his hand out expectantly. Jimin had no idea what he wanted and the kid made an impatient noise and pointed to one of the hands that he’d propped on to hold himself up. Unsure, Jimin slowly sat up and then gave the younger boy his hand. “I’m sorry hyung” Jungkook noted, holding Jimin’s hand delicated in both of his own. “I’m sorry I was such an . I really didn’t understand anything.” Jimin registered what they were talking about all of the sudden and he in a breath, trying to pull his hand away. The younger didn’t budge, he just tightened his grip so that the older boy couldn’t escape. Jimin did absolutely not want to talk about this. He didn’t need any more pain. He didn’t need to be rejected again. “Hyung just listen.” the drunk kid whined and Jimin felt his shoulders sag, “I didn’t know and I was horrible and mean and what have I done?”

“JungKook” Jimin noted in a low tone and the kid’s eyes widened for a second before he let go of his hyung’s hand and sat back. A look somewhere between shock and fear overcame him and it hit Jimin harder than it should have. He sighed a burdened sigh and finally spoke up. “Did you confess and get rejected or something?” he wondered aloud and the kid closed his eyes as tears started to fall again. “You did?” Jimin asked and then watched as JungKook shook his head.

“No… but I should. I’m about to.”

“Huh? How does that make sense? How do you know you’ll get rejected?” The puppy hyung asked and all of this was really starting to make him angry. He watched the kid compose himself, wiping the tears onto his sleeve and then making fierce eye contact with Jimin.

“Hyung.” he noted and Jimin watched him cautiously. “If I could go on a date with one member. Not even if I had to… but if I could, if he’d have me” Jimin felt his body tense up. He didn’t want to hear his crush tell him that he also had a crush. He didn’t want to know who. He didn’t want to watch the guy he couldn’t fall out of love with being close to someone else. He didn’t want to know but Kookie continued anyway. “I would want… I’d want to go with you.” Jimin was prepared to be angry, to be upset, but not for that reason. Was he being teased? Picked on? What the hell was going on. He felt the rage flicker across his face and the kid went wide eyed for a moment and leaned away. “I’m sorry hyung.” he said softly to Jimin, “I don’t know either… it’s just that… you were there and then you were suddenly gone. You who had always loved me and showered me with attention were suddenly dividing your attention up with everyone equally and it hurt… and then… and now you give most of your attention to YoonGi hyung and I watch and I don’t know what to do and I know that it’s too late and I ruined it before and there’s no going back but my head is fuzzy and I can’t figure out why I haven’t said something already and…” The kid shushed as he watched Jimin stand up and turn away from him. Jimin’s mind was in chaos and he didn’t think he could handle more. There was one thought ever present in his mind: I’m being made fun of. It was cruel and it hurt and he wasn’t going to stand for more. He felt his body shaking and his knees almost gave out on him as the pain in his chest radiated through him. What had he done to deserve this?

He convinced his knees to stand and pulled his feet forward to move away, leaving the drunk kid behind him but before he could take more than two steps the sounds of muted sobbing froze him. Kookie was crying again, into his palms, and trying not to be loud. The older boy thought that he sould be the one crying, not JungKook. It didn’t make sense but it melted his anger a little and he groaned to himself. He couldn’t help it. It was in his personality to comfort his friends when they cried and he just couldn’t ignore Kookie, even if he was being made fun of. He would just take it. Yeah, he’s dumb and he’s too nice and he’s a love sick puppy. He squatted down in front of the crying boy and pat his head softly. The kid froze and looked up at him with a tearstained face. Damn he was so cute. “Hyung” he said softly and Jimin gave his best smile. Oh well. “It’s okay.” Jimin told the kid, “Just tell me who convinced you to do this. I know you don’t like it either.” There was no way the kid had decided to do this on his own, and the tears were real.

“What? Hyung… no one. I’m serious.” the brunette replied and his hyung eyed him. It looked like he was being honest but Jimin didn’t trust it.

“I’ll tell them I beat it out of you so don’t worry. You won’t get in trouble.”

“No hyung I--”

“JungKook.” he warned and the kid’s eyes were like a deer in the headlights and then he leaned up and pressed his lips against Jimin’s. It was a gentle, chaste kiss and it was so quick the hyung almost thought he’d imagined it but the red spreading across JungKook’s face was proof enough. “You just…” Jimin tried to make sense of things but his brain had stopped working and his body was filled with millions and millions of fireflies buzzing around and catching him on fire. His mouth was dry but he couldn’t bring himself to swallow. The younger boy rubbed his own lips and then looked back up at Jimin’s. “Just one more.” the kid noted before moving more slowly this time. When his breath was close enough to intermingle with Jimin’s and the hyung could see his eyelashes flutter shut so the older boy was the one who closed the last bit of the gap. Who ing cared if it’s a joke or some terrible hidden camera.He wasn’t going to pass up this opportunity. He pushed hard against the younger boy and raised a hand to the back of the kid’s neck to keep him close. JungKook made a small noise and let out a breath as Jimin’s fingers held him close. Jimin pulled them apart to see if, maybe, he had reconsidered but the only things written on Kookie’s face were the red of a blush and pleasure. He shouldn’t have looked. How was he supposed to resist that? He pushed their lips together against and gently the other’s lip to encourage him to open his mouth. Once he had Jimin made sure that he pulled a little moan from the kid before letting them part. Kookie gasped for air before he breathed out the pleasure. “More” he purred softly and Jimin was pretty sure that even if this was a joke he was winning. He knew he was definitely winning when he went to move away and the brunette caught his arm, whining his name softly. When he turned back and saw the kid’s face, flushed, wanting, and listen to his voice beg.

“Drunk boys shouldn’t play games. They’ll lose.” Jimin noted

“I’ll lose, but just to you, hyung.”

“Oh?” Jimin almost laughs out loud before cupping JungKook’s jaw in his hand and the kid moved himself to press weight into his hyung’s palm. Jimin felt lightening jolt through him. It was pretty hard to resist at that point. “I’m not lying, hyung,” JungKook noted and gently pressed his lips into his hyung’s palm, “I want to go on dates with you. I definitely want to kiss you more.”

“We’ll see how you feel in the morning, brat.”

“It won’t change.”

“We’ll see.” And with that he led the younger boy into his room and then found the shower before his sheets and his dreams. He couldn’t wipe the smile off of his face. Whatever, he’s fine being made fun of for that.

 

In the morning JungKook fought TaeHyung over a seat next to Jimin. Once he’d gained the seat and situated himself as close as he could get he waited for Jin and YoonGi to serve his breakfast. He watched them dance around each other in the kitchen and then he watched NamJoon grumble into his phone. He watched TaeHyung and Hobi lean over the counter and try to sneak food while the hyungs weren’t watching and he knew that no one was watching him. Gently and ever so slightly, he slipped his hand under the counter and brushed his hyung’s thigh. His muscular, lean thigh. Jimin seemed to ignore him so he hazarded another try and this time he made himself more obvious. The maknae drifted his fingers across his hyung’s thigh and wrinkled his nose when Jimin gently brushed his hand away. Had it all been a dream? Those kisses were a little too good to be real. That’s when he noticed the little smile on his hyung’s face. He wanted to touch the older boy again, but this time he hesitated just above his skin and strong, nimble fingers intertwined with his own. He felt himself blush as he felt the heat coming off of his hyung’s hand. The moment was gone as soon as it started and the cool air felt painful on his palm. He was definitely losing. Just like Jimin said… but as long as that meant that he could be with the sneaky, y puppy boy, he didn’t find himself minding. “JungKook-ah” Jimin whispered in his ear, “Let’s meet up later.” The younger boy nodded softly and excitement welled up in him. Those words were sweeter than even banana milk and it sent chills up his spine.

After they’d eaten, Jimin excused himself to his room, claiming that he wanted to nap because they’d left him alone with a drunk kid and he hadn’t gotten enough sleep so he’d better not be disturbed. JungKook followed him with the excuse he was going to apologize. As soon as he was inside the door Jimin pressed him hard against the wall and he looked down a little to see fierce eyes. y and fierce eyes. “JungKook-ah” he noted and again the voice sent chills down his spine, “I thought I said I didn’t want to be disturbed.”

“But hyung” JungKook said softly and then sighed, “Can I have just one kiss then?”

Jimin sighed and released Jungkook to collapse into his sheets. The younger boy hated anytime that his hyung’s warmth faded like that. Jimin was nestled under the sheets and Kookie couldn’t take his eyes off of him. y or not, Jimin looked like an angel when he slept. A beautiful and sweet angel. “Leave if you’re just going to stare” his hyung warned in a tired voice so Kookie smiled and moved to brush his fingers through Jimin’s hair but a strong hand stopped him. It was grasped tight around his wrist and dark puppy eyes watched him for a minute before letting out an exhausted noise and yanked Kookie down. He found himself under the sheets and pulled against his hyung’s chest, the warm scent of Jimin filled his senses and the older boy lazily wrapped an arm around his waist to pull him closer. The younger boy’s senses went crazy as he breathed in the scent and the warmth. He felt his hands wander but Jimin stopped him and the mumbled softly, “don’t be a ert, brat.”

“Just this once, hyung?”

“Go to sleep.”

“Come on hyung” he whined but it was obvious that the tired Jimin was not going to let him have his way. “Then a kiss. Just one kiss so I know that it wasn’t a dream.” The older boy sighed and propped himself up on his elbow and then slowly leaned in to offer a soft, chaste kiss. Of course Kookie wanted more but Jimin threatened to kick him out if he didn’t stop talking so he decided to cuddle up against the older boy while he could. It was weeks before Jimin finally obliged when Kookie whined for more, and it was even longer before he finally let the younger boy initiate.

 

“Jiminie Hyung” JungKook said softly in the silence of the dark.

“Hmm?” Jimin asked as he watched the scenery pass outside of the van.

“Can I ask now? Will you be mad again?”

“Ask?” The other boy finally turned his attention to his dongsaeng.

“Can we be a couple now? Can I call you boyfriend and…” He paused because Jimin’s expression looked amused.

“Is this how you’re asking?”

“Huh? No! … Y-Yeah.” He was embarrassed and thinking about how he should have thought about it more and prepared something, been romantic like Jimin had been.

“Just like you.” Jimin mumbled and pulled his hand from JungKook’s to catch his chin and force the younger boy to look at him. He pressed a kiss against those perfect and beautiful lips before replying “Of course you can” into his lover’s lips.