Spontaneous Solutions and a Helpful Hyung

Chapped

Heechul paced back and forth in the living room. This can’t be happening, he thought. He walked up to the mirror that was hanging on the wall. 

“Tell me this isn’t happening!” he screamed, as he saw his reflection. Eunhyuk and Donghae, who were playing a board game in Donghae’s room, looked up.

“Something wrong, hyung?” Donghae asked.

Heechul marched over to them and leaned down, pointing at his lips. “Do you see this?” he asked. Eunhyuk peered at him. Heechul’s lips were a thing of beauty, as the man referred to them as. The fans loved how y his lips were, no doubt about that. So Eunhyuk was very surprised to see the state of them on this particular day. They were dry, and cracks were forming along his bottom lip.

“Damn, hyung,” he said, shaking his head. “You look like you’ve got the Sahara desert on your lips or something.” 

“They’re peeling,” Heechul hissed. “My lips have scales! I’m turning into a fish!” He threw his hands up dramatically, collapsing on the bed. “What am I going to dooooo?” He was so busy wailing, he didn’t seem to hear Donghae innocently ask, “What’s wrong with being a fish?”

“I know what you should do, hyung. You should get out of the room so Donghae and I can play our game of Monopoly in peace without having to hear your whining.” Eunhyuk narrowly dodged the pillow that was hurled his way. 

Donghae picked up the game pieces that had been knocked astray by the pillow. “You could use some lip-balm,” he suggested.

Heechul sighed. “See, I’ve already raided the whole dorm. Nobody has any lip balm, and mine ran out a few days ago! Do you people not take care of your lips or something?” He got up and stormed out of the room, searching for more people to annoy. Unfortunately, the whole dorm was practically empty aside from him, the two dumb kids, and Leeteuk, who was in his room. Not wanting to bother his only hyung, he decided to pay a visit down to the lower dorm. Surely Ryeowook would have some, right?

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, who were revelling in the private luxury of an empty dorm, were cuddled up on the couch, watching Siwon’s recent rom-com, She Was Pretty

“I’m actually really glad that we got to spend some time alone today, with all of our schedules and whatnot,” Ryeowook said, playing with the fabric of Kyuhyun’s shirt. 

Kyuhyun lightly the shorter man’s hair. “I’ll have to thank Donghae for dragging that bothersome anchovy upstairs.” 

Ryeowook started to reach into the bowl of popcorn on Kyuhyun’s other side. However, when the front door suddenly flew open, Kyuhyun screamed and stood up abruptly, sending Ryeowook tumbling onto the floor and popcorn flying everywhere. Heechul flew across the room and leaped onto the sofa, causing more stray popcorn pieces to bounce. 

“My precious dongsaengs!” he cried. “You guys are my only hope!”

Kyuhyun helped Ryeowook brush his clothes off. “Um….with what, exactly?” he asked.

“THIS!” he yelled, pointing to his pouting lips. “My beautiful lips are breaking!”

Kyuhyun and Ryeowook exchanged a confused look, and moved closer to their flailing hyung. They let out a collective ‘Oh….” as they grasped the situation.

“Chullie-hyung…I think I know why you’ve come here, but Henry used up the rest of my lip balm the other day, and I haven’t bought a replacement yet. I’m sorry,” Ryeowook apologised.

Heechul looked desperately at Kyuhyun for help, but the maknae just shrugged unhelpfully. He flopped back onto the sofa and let out a frustrated shout as he buried his face into a pillow. The two maknaes proceeded to clean the living room floor, ignoring the rest of the depressed groans.

 “Why don’t you just go down to the store and buy some?” Ryeowook enquired, as he reached for a piece underneath the TV.

Heechul sighed. “It’s too far.” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes at the sheer ridiculousness of his hyung.

“But anyway,” the older man said, getting up and heading out. “Sorry for interrupting your little stay-in date. Don’t have too much fun; you have neighbours too, after all.” he cackled loudly at their flustered expressions as the door swung shut.

So this is how it ends, Heechul thought sadly, as he looked as his blurry reflection in the elevator mirror. He entered the dorm once more, which was filled with nothing but the faint sounds of music and muted laughter coming from Donghae’s room. Heechul picked at his lips, having nothing better to do. He felt a small piece of skin sticking out. Curious, he pulled it slightly. The slight pain excited him for some inexplicable reason. He pulled at it again, marginally harder, and to his shock, a substantial amount of skin was torn off with it. He suddenly felt a wave of pain descending upon him.

“Ow!” Heechul howled, looking down in horror at the piece of skin in his hand. He dabbed at his lips with his pinky, assessing the damage. Droplets of crimson blood rolled down his finger. 

“Guys!” He yelled. “I’m dying! There’s blood!” he slumped down on the nearest dining table chair.

Leeteuk appeared, having come out of his room after hearing Heechul’s urgent cry. “Aish, what have you done now, Heenim?” Leeteuk walked over and sat down, inspecting Heechul’s bleeding lips. Heechul pouted. 

“I didn’t mean to rip off so much skin, Teukie. It hurts,” he whined.

Leeteuk ruffled his hair. “Ah, it’s okay, Chullie. The bleeding will stop soon. Just let the blood flow out.” he got up to leave, but Heechul grabbed his hand and pulled him back.

“But I want you to fix it now!” he wailed.

Leeteuk sighed. He sat back down and pulled Heechul’s chair closer to him. “Okay,” he said calmly. “But don’t move okay?” Heechul nodded. Leeteuk reached for some tissues behind Heechul. Or at least, that was what the younger man thought he was doing as he leaned closer to him. Leeteuk rested his thumb and index finger on Heechul’s chin, tilting it upwards.

“Jungsoo? What are you doin-“ he was interrupted by a pair of soft lips against his own. Heechul almost pushed him away instinctively, but he began relaxing as their angel leader began on his lower lip slowly. He marvelled at how hypnotising the older man was. Leeteuk’s eyes were closed as he continued to gently on the tender flesh. Heechul’s eyes widened as the other man got up off his seat and sat in his lap, never breaking the contact of their lips. Leeteuk cupped the younger man’s face carefully and began at Heechul’s wound, removing the blood with his tongue. Heechul made a sound at the back of his throat as Leeteuk continued his careful ministrations. When he pulled away, Heechul noticed that his lips were now slightly tinged with red. 

“What was that?” Heechul asked, unable to hide the blush on his cheeks.

Leeteuk smiled. “You asked me to take care of it. So I did,” he replied casually.

Heechul gaped for a moment, before regaining his senses properly. His gaze changed, and he pulled Leeteuk down by the collar so that their mouths were centimetres apart.

“Heechul?” Leeteuk asked. He could feel their hot breath mingling in the narrow space between them.

Heechul smirked. “No-one kisses me like that and gets away with it, Park Jung-soo.”  And he closed the space between them once more.

Eunhyuk, who decided that he needed some strawberry milk, got off his bedroom floor and headed towards the kitchen, with Donghae trailing behind. He rounded the corner, only to find his two hyungs who had moved to the sofa. Leeteuk was straddling Heechul, and they were both still kissing each other passionately. He whirled around, covering Donghae’s eyes with his hands as he ushered him away from the intimate scene.

“Hyukkie?” he asked innocently. “What’s going on?”

Eunhyuk steered him back into the room. “Ah, it’s nothing, Hae. Just…..Heechul-hyung watching something inappropriate on TV.”

“Eh? But I didn’t hear the TV on?”

“The volume’s turned down,” he replied, a little too quickly.

Donghae nodded slowly. “Oh, okay. But how about your milk?”

Eunhyuk closed the door. “It can wait for later.”

---------