Bookworm

The Unfinished Story

"Will you get your head out of that book and get ready for the date?" Lee Seokmin asked Lee Jihoon as he fixes his bow tie. Jihoon finishes his page before glaring at the younger boy.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I can't go on the date," Jihoon replied nonchalantly.

"Come on. You rather be here, cooped up in an apartment on a rainy night instead of going out, all dressed up, with a beautiful girl?" Seokmin asked, trying to sway Jihoon.

"Yes. Now if you don't mind, I need finish this volume before reading the next one, I read the last book accidentally and I found out that S.Coups dies. I need to find out what happened." Jihoon shooed Seokmin out of the door.

"You're still young enough to not grow up to be a loser," Seokmin explained. "Just one date."

"Remember the last time we doubled dated? My date called me short and cute," Jihoon whined. Seokmin blew a raspberry before raising his hands in defeat.

"Fine. You stay here while I go have fun," Seokmin bid goodbye and shut the front door.

"Geez, and he calls me the annoying one," Jihoon huffed before returning to his book.

At 10:00, when Seokmin said he would be home, Seokmin gave Jihoon a call and said that he'll return home tomorrow morning.

"Who's the girl with the low taste?" Jihoon mumbled while taking Mansae Vol 8 off of the bookshelf.

"A new character? W-Woozi?" Jihoon read as he saw a new superhero on the first page.

"'Woozi put his foot to stop the earth from cracking, but he grew more and more restless as he didn't get sleep from the night before from the night before, night befo-'" Jihoon read until he fell asleep. He woke up and felt something hot on his shoulder.

"Ouch! YAH LEE SEOKMIN!" Jihoon yelled and opened his eyes. In front of him, were unfamiliar people. He immediately recognized them as the character from Mansae.

"Hey, calm him down," Jeonghan commanded as Jisoo placed a calming spell on Jihoon.

"W-what happened? Why are you guys here? I swear, Lee Seokmin, if this is a joke, I will-" Jihoon threatened before Wonwoo cut him off.

"We're just trying to help your shoulder heal, calm down," Wonwoo shot at younger boy.

"Did falling in a bottomless trench make you crazy, Woozi?" Dino laughed. Wo-Woozi? No way.

"Tell me. Tell me what happened that caused me to be here," Jihoon -or Woozi as they called him- panicked. Jisoo chuckled and whispered another spell to calm him down.

"You're too tired. Of course, like the usual boring-businessman-by-day and hot-and-y-superhero-by-night, you overwork yourself because the basic humans are seriously too needy," Jun explained. "And, you must've worked yourself hard being a producer and when you tried to go against Kuhn the Werewolf, he cracked the earth and you tried to stop it, but then you fainted and here you are."

"Wait, so you guys aren't joking? I'm actually a superhero?! Oh gee! What's my power?" Woozi asked. S.coups chuckled.

"Your name is Woozi. You have the power to change size and manipulate time," S.coups explained. Woozi felt disappointed.

"That's it? Not a water bender? Or mind reader?" Woozi asked. Mingyu cleared his throat.

"You do have the ability to kill someone by chasing them with a guitar and threatening them with it," Mingyu chuckled.

"Maybe, to regain my memories, you guys introduce yourself and your powers to me?" Woozi suggested. Of course Jihoon knew every character, but at the time, the moment felt too good to be true.

"I'm Dino, the youngest. And I have super speed," Dino introduced.

"Vernon, otherwise known as HVC, I spit fire and time travel at the same time," Vernon said.

"Seungkwan, or known as Boo Seungkwan, one or another is fine. And, I have to ability to tell the future, or precognition," Seungkwan smiled. "Want me to show you?"

"NO!" The superheroes yelled in unison. Seungkwan frowned and kept quiet.

"I'm The8, and I can communicate with animals, although, I'm stronger with canines."

"Mingyu, as you already know, and I can weaken objects just by thinking about it. Do you know what omnilingualism is? I can speak, write, read, and think in multiple languages even if I've never learned about it."

"My name is DK and I can harness light from anywhere. " DK was the character Seokmin always commented that it looked exactly like him.

"Wonwoo and I can mimic any voices, but the deep voice is my real voice. Also, I have telekinesis."

"Hoshi, or Star. I have the ability to shape shift just by doing a simple activity the original person usually does."

"Wen Junhui, Junhui, Jun, but you can call me yours," Jun winked. The boys groaned in response of his greasy ways. "I teleport. So if you ever want a trip to China, I'm your guy. Also, I also do the job of seducing villains, and trust me, it works most of the time."

"Hong Jisoo, but I rather go by Joshua. I'm the Healer. I was actually a witch before, so I know spells and medicine tricks. So, if you ever get injured during a fight, I'm the one that heals everyone. Another power is that I have superhuman intelligence."

"Yoon Jeonghan. I'm the Angel, I have to protect my team. How do I do that? I have make force fields to stop attacks and turn invisible to attack villains."

"My name is S.Coups, otherwise known as the leader of SEVENTEEN. I was a street performer before I found out that I have superhuman strength when I save the train car from going off tracks. Ever since then, I created SEVENTEEN to protect Pledis City from villains." A ring filled the hideout as the superheroes ran to get into their suits and Dino answered it to give out directions.

"There's a breakout at Villian Jail! Hurry up!" Dino yelled as Jun teleported them all to the jail. It was chaos.

"Jeonghan! Put a force field about the area to keep the villains! DK, temporarily blind them to slow them down! Wonwoo! Create a barrier by moving the rocks! And Woozi! Try to stop time!" Seungcheol ordered. Woozi didn't know how to use his powers. It was a lot harder than he thought.

"WOOZI!" Wonwoo shouted. "We need to stop the time!"

"O-okay," Woozi stuttered. He tried to hold his fingers to his brain, but it didn't work. Luckily, Dino had a rope around all of the villains and placed them onto the police car that'll drive them to an isolated prison far, far away. The team was teleported back to the hideout.

"Woozi, let me have a talk with you," S.coups whispered. When he saw that Woozi wasn't following him, he yelled, "NOW!"

"Some tea?" S.coups offered. Woozi declined. "It's good for clearing out your brain and restoring your powers, maybe you need it."

"Listen, I don't belong here," Woozi explained.

"Yeah, I can tell."

"No! I don't mean it that way. I mean, I literally don't belong here. I'm from another world," Woozi began.

"Another world?" S.coups cocked his head to the side. "You mean that you time traveled?"

"I don't know, man. I was just in my apartment that I shared with my brother and then he left for a date because I said that I didn't want to go, and then poof! here I am after falling asleep. Please, help me get back," Woozi begged. S.coups looked at Woozi confused eyes.

"Did falling in a trench damage your brain that badly?" S.coups asked, obviously concerned.

"NO! I'm from 2096 and I fell asleep while reading this comic, which happened to be at the page where it mentions Woozi falling and then I woke up because I felt something hot on my shoulder and then I am Woozi," Woozi explained quickly.

"Why are you talking about yourself in third person?" S.coups asked. Woozi felt like giving up at explaining.

"Oh my god, I give up." Just then, Vernon popped his head from the door.

"Dude, you're not supposed to say 'oh my god'," Vernon said. S.coips threw a sugar cube at him and Vernon left.

"So, what you're saying is that you're from another dimension and I'm just a character in a cheap paper book?!" S.coups yelled.

"I wouldn't say cheap. The volumes costed $16.99 each," Woozi mumbled.

"And you're just a fan? A person that's just using us as your entertainment?"

"No, I mean, technically yes, but-" S.coups interrupted him.

"What happens?" He asked with a curious smile.

"Do I get to marry that hot Supergirl?" S.coups asked. Woozi debated to say if he knew that S.coups was going to die in the end, and he chose not to tell.

"I'm not sure, I don't remember," Woozi lied.

"Oh well. Let's just help you get back your powers," S.coups smiled.


First chapter's up! Thanks for reading and be ready for the next chapter! ❤