A day like any other, or so he thought

Into The Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ugh, what is that annoying noise?

Luhan had been interrupted from his deep sleep by an annoying beeping noise in the street, he was unaware of exactly what it was but he assumed it was just a lorry reversing out of the road after taking a wrong turn.

No one would come here on purpose, this street was a dump anyway; cracks creeping all over the road, smashed beer bottles scattered everywhere, houses crumbling to pieces, roof tiles missing, windows smashed or boarded up with wood because no one could be bothered to fix them, awful paint jobs on the doors and window panes. In fact this whole town was pretty much a mess, it looked like it could have come out of a horror movie, abandoned train stations, spooky old houses, the overall darkness and the frightening atmosphere this town gave off but everyone was pretty sure this street was definitely the worst. There was a creepy old manor at the end of the road like a dead end, people were sure it used to belong to an old nobleman hundreds of years ago but now they were sure it was abandoned, it was even rumoured to be haunted so no one goes near it.

The scrawny boy opened his eyes, he began to stretch as he arose from the comfort of his pleasantly warm bed, his toffee brown hair in all directions, stripy blue pyjamas a little too big for his skinny build but they did their job nonetheless.

His eyes which were the dark colour of roasted coffee beans scanned around the room looking for his charcoal black uniform, just another boring day of school. A day like any other he thought to himself as he picked up the crumpled pile of clothes and headed to the bathroom.

The old door creaked open as the boy entered into the domain of cold and dampness, carefully ing his pyjama shirt to reveal his flat stomach and ribs looking like they could pop out of his chest any second. He despised how skinny he was getting but it wasn’t Mum’s fault she couldn’t afford every meal for the both of them after his father took half of their money to go out and drink at the pub every night to after come home in a foul mood. He hated how his mother was treated by this drunk fool, you could see the bruises covering her face from how he hit her before demanding more money but she’d only deny these battle scars whenever anyone asked her about it and covers it all up with makeup.

Turning to the mirror he realised how much of a mess he looked himself; bags under his eyes after working late to bring some income to his family to help pay the bills and get them all some nutrition to keep them going. He quickly placed on the rest of his uniform before deciding what to do with his messy hair.

The water was freezing as he splashed it on his face for a quick wash and wake up call as well as using his wet hands to straighten and flatten down his naturally curly hair out of its previously messy state until it finally looked decent.

Almost time to head to school, better fry an egg for breakfast, why not make one for his mother too to be nice he considered before cracking the eggs into the frying pan and turning on the rusty stove. The clear egg whites changing into a healthy white colour and the yokes a bright yellow, they looked about ready to eat so he placed them on a plate and brought them over to his parent’s bedroom.

Luckily, father was already out so Luhan didn’t have to deal with his problems, mother however was still fast asleep, she looked so p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter