What's your name?

Stay

Kai POS

It was a sunny day in the afternoon, I was walking around with my friends heading out to go to the river bank to hang out.

 

-'' Hyung, are you really transferring to another school? '' Baek Hyun asked with a frown. -'' Yeah sadly I am, I didn't want to but my parents just decided it for me... so I can't really do anything about it '' SuHo said as he scratched the back of his head not feeling happy. -'' Why don't you just ask your parent's not to transfer you? '' Baek Hyun said. -'' His parent's already did, that's why he said he can't do anything about it '' D.O said.

 

As they continue with their conversation I just walked along with them not saying anything but still listening to what they are saying. I looked around for a different view rather than just looking at them from behind and at the path. I noticed that there was a girl just a head of us staring at the water while standing just at the edge of the path, we got closer and she looked a little bit strange, I don't know if I was the only one who noticed her but for some reason I felt like there was something strange about her.

 

-'' Kai '' D.O called out to Kai. -'' Were you listening? '' D.O asked, Kai looked at D.O. -'' What? '' Kai asked who looked lost. -'' We said that we should go to SuHo Hyung's place when we head back to ask his parents if he could stay in our school ''. Kai nodded agreeing and soon after he turned his head as soon as he heard a splash as he said yes. -'' Okay, it's decided '' Chen said. All of them noticed a sound of splash but they didn't think much of it, but Kai was quite unsettled.

 

Where'd she go?...

 

Kai then had the idea of her jumping in the water, he paused for a little bit waiting for her to come back up... but almost 10 seconds have passed and there was still no sign of her coming back up.

 

Don't tell me?...

 

-'' Kai? '' Xiumin called out to Kai's name and asked -'' What's up? ''. -'' You guys go, I got to check something '' Kai said as he started to run back to where the girl was.

 

I know she was here... I looked at the water wondering if she had really jumped, I took a closer look at the water and saw that there were bubbles coming up from the water, my eyes widened and I knew I had to do something so by instinct I jumped in the water.

 

Kai could barely open his eyes because the water stung his eyes a little bit but he saw the girl sinking down, he swam as fast as he could to reach her arm and when he did he started to swim back up.

 

, I'm running out of air...

 

But gladly Kai wasn't far off to reach the top of the water. As he got to the top his friends were there worried reaching and calling out his name. Kai passed the girl first to be pulled first then him. -'' What the hell were you thinking?! '' Xiumin said worried sick as he pulled Kai out of the water. -'' I... '' Kai said unfinished and looked at the girl -'' Her '' Kai pointed out to the girl. -'' She's fine... Kind of... I don't know... Does anyone know CPR? '' SuHo asked panicked. Everyone looked at each other. -'' No one? '' SuHo asked pressured. -'' I do '' Kai said trying to catch his breath. -'' Hurry, because I don't think she's breathing ''. SuHo added. -'' Then how could she be fine? '' Chanyeol asked SuHo. -'' I said I wasn't sure! '' SuHo said. Kai hurried to the girls side and proceeded with CPR.

 

Come on... Breath...

 

Everyone watched in anxiety. Soon enough the girl started to cough out water and gasp for air. Every one sighed in relief and started to breath with ease again.

 

-'' Hey? Are you okay? '' Kai asked as he gently tap her on the face.

 

W-what? what's going on?

 

She opened her eyes and adjusted her focus and saw Kai. -'' Wh... why?... '' The girl said. -'' What? '' Kai asked confused. -'' Why (cough) did you save (gasp) (cough) me? ''. The girl asked with a pained tone from the water that got in her lungs and nose. -'' Shouldn't you say thank you first instead of a question? '' Se Hun asked, SuHo tapped SeHun's shoulder and gave him a look saying to stop. -'' But, I didn't asked to be saved! '' The girl started to cry, everyone got confused, Suddenly Chen said. -'' Okay... I am not going to get involved in this... '' Chen said. -'' Ummmm... I'll handle this... since I was the one who got in this in the first place '' Kai said and gave a forced smile at everyone. -'' You guys go on ahead I'll take care of this '' Kai said. -'' Are you sure? '' Xuimin asked. -'' Yeah '' Kai answered.

Everyone were already far ahead, away from them. The girl finally stopped crying and to shiver from the strong wind that blew. Kai stood on his feet and looked at the girl and asked. -'' Can you stand? ''. The girl nodded and got up. -'' I didn't jump from a high place so I didn't hurt my legs (sniff) '' The girl muttered loud, Kai heard what she said and also muttered. -'' I was just worried ''.

 

Feeling wet I soon realized I had my wallet in my pocket.

 

(GASP)

 

OOOHHH SHIIIIIII.....

I took my wallet out of my pocket and YES~ thank god it wasn't as soaked as I thought it would be, but I tried get all the money and card I had out to dry them.

 

-'' Stupid... '' The girl muttered loud enough that Kai heard her. Kai sighed. -'' I heard that... ''. The girl sighed. -'' Bring your stuff, come with me '' The girl said.

 

~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~o~

 

We walked for a while and soon arrived in front of a house, she paused in front of the door and sighed, she turned her head to look at me and she walked away from the front door, I could tell she wasn't really happy.

 

-'' Follow me '' She said sounding a little irritated. -'' I have been following you this whole time haven't I? '' Kai said. They went to the back door and entered from there into the house.

The girl leaded Kai up the stairs heading to her room, Kai who just followed didn't go in the room and just stood outside. The girl then out of a sudden started to take her clothes of, Kai's eyes widened and quickly averted his eyes. -'' Hey! I'm still here you know ''. The girl looked at Kai with a blank expression not giving any care, she took her top off leaving her just with a bra on. The girl opened one of her drawers and got a towel and threw it at Kai. -'' Here '' The girl said. Kai got the towel and unfolded it placing it over his head covering his face. -'' Give me your wallet I'll dry it with the hair dryer '' She added. Kai gave her the wallet and money. -'' What do I do then? '' Kai asked. The girl then handed Kai other things. -'' Wear this. The bathroom is just next to my room, to the right '' She said and started to blow dry the wallet and money. Kai hurried to the bathroom and started to change into dry clothes that he was given.

Kai got out of the bathroom and went back to the girls bedroom. -'' Thanks for the clothes, they actually fit '' Kai said with the towel just on his head. When he saw the girl he saw that she wasn't wearing any jeans and was only wearing underwear, he pulled the towel lower to his face to cover his eyes. -'' Would you please put some clothes on! '' Kai said embarrassed. -'' Fine, fine '' The girl said.

 

Jesus...

 

Things were finally calm and normal, The girl finally finished drying Kai's belongings and she was finally wearing clothes. The girl was sitting on the bed while Kai on the floor. -'' Here ''. The girl said handing Kai his wallet. Kai was about to check his wallet but the girl spoke. -'' No need to check I didn't steal anything ''. Kai stopped and placed his wallet in his pocket and got up. -'' Then I guess I should go '' Kai said. -'' Yep... '' The girl said got on her feet. They started to head down the stairs but as soon as they got down the girl heard the door being opened and started to act weird. -'' This way ''. The girl said suddenly grabbing Kai's arm, the girl rushed to the back door dragging Kai. -'' Couldn't we go by the front door? It was closer ''. Kai said looking at her from behind. -'' Don't say anymore ''. She said and reached the door knob opening the door, as soon as Kai got out she gave him a hug. He was shocked. -'' Will you save me again? '' The girl muttered in a low voice that Kai barely understood.

 

Save me?...

 

Kai was confused. The girl pulled away and closed the door, as she closed the door the last thing that Kai saw was her face showing a deep sadness that Kai felt like he's doing something that he shouldn't do.

 

Wait, I don't even know her name

 

-'' Wait, what's your name?! '' Kai cried, but he knew she wouldn't hear him...