[final]

Playfully


"Chaeyoungie. I like you~" 

Chaeyoung laughed and looked at her Unnie quickly. The two where watching an episode of a drama, with the character discussing who they liked and it prompted Chaeyoung to ask Mina if she liked anyone. Though she had answered in a playful tone it had been the truth, and Mina had become beyond nervous while answering.

"Unnie! Stop joking like that!" Chaeyoung said with a smile hitting Mina's arm lightly, she quickly took her attention from Mina to the TV dismissing Mina's words as teasing. Mina looked at Chaeyoung, heart beating hard in her chest, a soft sigh escaped her lips. Her “confession” had been taken as a joke and Mina didn’t know if she should feel relieved or not.

Mina’s crush on the short rapper wasn’t too secret, it was well known that the Second Maknae was Mina’s ideal type. Mina had declared that multiple times, everytime she was asked her reply was Chaeyoung, even the way Mina acted around her made it obvious. Mina was head over heels for Chaeyoung, but no matter how many times she told Chaeyoung that she was her ideal type the younger just took it as Mina being playful and just joking around. Mina wanted her feelings to be noticed by the younger but she couldn't express her feelings clearly. 

"Ah, I'm going to my room. Tell me what happens later ok?" Mina said smiling at Chaeyoung and getting off the couch. Chaeyoung was a bit confused as to why Mina was leaving in the middle of the episode but just nodded in response. Mina tried her hardest to not slam the door of her and Sana's room, instead she threw a penguin toy to vent her frustrations. 

"Mina!" Sana exclaimed as she dodged the penguin attack. She sighed and looked at a frustrated Mina, she knew exactly why she was like that. "Did she reject you again?" Sana asked in Japanese, to lessen the chances to be eavesdropped on. Mina threw another penguin plush at Sana. 

"It's not rejection if she thinks is a joke." Mina said in a defeated tone as she sat down on the bed next to Sana. Mina seeked comfort by resting her head on her shoulder, Sana patted her head softly. Sana sighed, she was tired of having Mina attack her with her penguin army and she was also tired of seeing Mina in such a sad mood. 

"Tell her clearly that you like her." Sana said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world, which it was, Mina just closed her eyes and failed to respond. "You always say it with a tone that sounds like you are joking, you even 'ask her out' when all of Twice is together."

"I don't know how though... What if she rejects me for real?" Mina said with a sigh closing her eyes, her voice quivered a little. Mina worried a lot about the younger not reciprocating her feelings, she was loved by everyone so Mina though that she may like someone else instead of her. "Maybe she likes a boy in her class..." 

Sana sighed and wrapped her arm around Mina, squeezing her into a reassuring hug. "Mina... Don't worry, Chaeyoung may not show it but I'm sure she likes you much more than you think." Sana said, pulling back from the hug and looking at her. 

"She may not even like girls! I don't want to loose her friendship Sana... What if it becomes awkward? We are in the same group so we have to interact often..." Mina was stubborn in her belief that Chaeyoung could never like her. Sana was clearly getting frustrated with Mina's attitude.

"Stop! If you are not going to do anything about your crush then I'll stop hearing you out Mina!! You better ask her out!" The usually soft spoken member raised her voice a little, fed up with the cowardice of her fellow Japanese member. Mina stayed quiet but after a while she merely nodded. 

-  -   -   -   -   -

Night had sneaked silently into the dorm 9 girls shared, some exhausted from hectic schedules, some just wanting to get rest, and one in a food coma. Mina couldn’t sleep at all, she was tossing and turning so much in her bed. She couldn’t keep the thoughts that where going through her mind quiet. Unable to stop thinking of a certain shorty Mina got out of her bed and walked to the living room.

“Unnie?” A soft voice reached Mina’s ears clearly thanks to the dorm being deadly quiet, a voice Mina loved, a voice that had been running through her mind and making her loose sleep. "You can't sleep either?" Chaeyoung sat up straight leaving some room for Mina on the couch, she softly patted the spot next to her. Chaeyoung's wide and bright smile, showing off her cute dimples. The only light source was the light from the TV, it was bright enough for Mina to see the dimples in the smile of the younger and dark enough to hide the blush that was starting to spread on her cheeks. Mina slowly made her way to Chaeyoung, cautiously as if one wrong step might ruin everything. Mina sat down next to the rapper and was startled when the other snuggled up to her, slowly she turned her head to look at the younger. Mina was recieved by another of Chaeyoung's lovely smiles.

- -     -    -    -   -

Dumb and oblivious where the words most used by Chaeyoung's roommates. Tzuyu and Dahyun would always sigh and call her dumb and oblivious respectively, usually after hearing how "Mina Unnie playfully teases me by asking me out or confessing". Chaeyoung was slowly starting to see that maybe her roommates where right, she had slowly started to pick up on certain things the Japanese girl did.

Mina wasn't outspoken and Chaeyoung knew that yet her actions spoke loudly, very loudly. When Chaeyoung would pass out on the couch a blanket with Mina's faint scent lingering on it would cover her, and when Chaeyoung would snuggle closer to the blanket to feel Mina's scent. How Mina would become tense at the shorter's touch, and how Chaeyoung would worry that Mina was uncomfortable with her presence. What Mina would say in a playful tone regarding her feelings for the shortest, and what Chaeyoung was about to do. Those where the biggest clues, the clues that busted Mina and exposed her feelings.


And also what exposed Chaeyoung's.  The short member looked at Mina's eyes intensely, almost scaring the other girl. Chaeyoung was bolder than Mina, she was a kid and didn't think of consequence. Quickly Chaeyoung lunged forward, crashing her lips into Mina's. Moving them quickly against her Unnie, Mina barely had time to register what happened as her lips moved unconsciously trying to keep up with Chaeyoung's hurried pace. Mina's hands lightly touched Chaeyoung's shoulders as her arms started to wrap around the Rapper's neck. The simple action made Chaeyoung become calm, her kisses slowing down and becoming more tender. Needing to breathe the two separated, looking at each other with a certain nervousness and hesitation,  pushing that hesitation away Mina was the one who leaned in to kiss Chaeyoung once more. 


They silently decided to push the conversation of what their relationship was going to become to the next morning, neither of them wanting to separate from the kiss. Mina's tone might have always been playful towards the younger but her actions boldly showed her feelings.