The Past

Will We Ever Be Together?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I was about five years old, I met Jessica. I remember it like it happened yesterday. Our parents were really good friends, but at the time her parent’s lived in a different place then mine. But that day, they traveled to my home for a visit. Our parents let us play outside that day. At first, things weren’t going so well between us. We were both very stubborn little children who wanted things done our way. But after a while, we learned how to compromise with each other and that’s when I started to fall for her. Let me take you back to that very day.

Flashback

I was sitting in a tree when this random girl walked into the backyard. I looked toward my father. “Dad, what’s going on here? Who is she?”

My father smiled at me. “This is my friend’s daughter. Your mother and I thought it would be fun for you both to play together while us grown-ups have a nice little chat inside the house. I’ll be heading inside now, but play nice you two.”

We both nodded to him as he left. I smiled at the girl from the top of my tree and yelled, “Hi, I’m Taecyeon! What’s your name?”

She returned my smile. “My name is Jessica. It’s nice to meet you Taecyeon. /giggles/ Your name is funny.”

I scoffed and angrily hoped down from the tree. “It is not! If anything your name is funny!”

She pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. “It is not!”

I stuck my tongue out at her. “It is to a funny name! Anyway, what do you want to play? Want to wrestle?”

She looked at me offended. “Excuse you, but I’m a girl and girls don’t do that kind of stuff!”

I rolled my eyes and thought to myself, oh great, she’s a princess. “Well since you’re a ‘girl’, what do you like to do for fun?”

She let out a long sigh, “I’d much rather read than wrestle.”

I looked at her like, ‘what the hell’. “Two people can’t read at the same time! That’s not fun!”  

She stomped her feet. “Then what do you suggest we do?”

I thought about it for a moment and then bam it hit me. At that moment I ran into my home and came back out with my favorite game! “How about we play Battleship?! This way I can still have fun and you won’t break a nail or something.”

She rolled her eyes at my last comment, but then smiled. “ Okay, Battleship sounds fun! I bet I can beat you!”

I scoffed at her foolishness. “No you can’t! I’ll be wiping the floor with you!”

She pushed me playfully. “Be prepared to eat your words Taecyeon! I will destroy you!”

I chuckled lightly. “You keep telling yourself that Jessica, I won’t go easy because you’re a girl.”

She stuck her tongue out at me and then started to set up the game. “No one said that you had to. Now let’s play!”

Flashback End

After that, we must’ve played about 8 rounds of Battleship before she had to go home. We each won four rounds a piece, but we never had done our tiebreaker. Which was a good idea, considering that if I lost to her, she’d never let me hear the end of it.

After that day, we promised to keep in contact with each other. We’d always be sending each other letters and gifts. When we were about 14, I had the courage to ask her out, but I had received a letter from her telling me that she was already dating another boy and his name was Donghae. Her letter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter