You Know I'm No Good

You Know I'm No Good

Yoongi knew that he would be found out eventually. For weeks he had been neglecting his relationship, staying out later, not bothering to ask if his fiancé wanted to come with him. As time went on he would let out more and more of the snide comments he had kept from saying since the start of their relationship. He was less affectionate, and spent most of the time smiling at his phone. Any arguments quickly fizzled out at Yoongi's lack of interest. He knew he was being too obvious, knew that Jimin was bound to discover his infidelity, and he didn't seem to care.

It was around 3 in the morning when he stumbled into their shared apartment, slightly tipsy and reeking of whiskey. He dragged his feet across the floor as he crossed the small space, kicking his shoes off before collapsing on the couch. As he drifted into sleep he began to hear the soft thump of approaching footsteps. Yoongi groaned and leaned up, immediately making eye contact. Jimin looked no different than usual in the dim lighting, same tussled bedhead and sleep-ridden gaze. He looked down at him and sighed, the only physical sign that he was irritated. He leaned down and grabbed Yoongi by the shoulders, hauling him up and wrapping an arm around his waist. Yoongi cooperated, leaning into Jimin as they walked to their bedroom.

When they made it to the bed Jimin lay him down and crossed the room, grabbing the nearest trashcan and placing it near Yoongi's bedside before taking a seat by the older boy's feet. He lay facedown on his pillow, hoping to slip into sleep before Jimin could start his oh too familiar lecture. Jimin rested a hand on his shoulder, forcing Yoongi to face him. The younger received a groan and an eye roll, before he got a good look at his face. Jimin was paler than usual, and had dark bags under his eyes. Jimin opened and closed his mouth several times before clearing his throat. "So," he whispered shakily. "What did you do with him today?" Yoongi let out a surprised breath, like he'd been punched. Jimin laughed bitterly before moving to his side of the bed, facing away from the man he thought he knew. "Never mind, forget I said anything."

Yoongi scooted closer to his back, lips brushing his ear. "How long have you known?" Yoongi felt his body shake against him as he let out another laugh. "Since the beginning. I knew the first night that you went out and didn't invite me to tag along. You stayed out later than you ever had, didn't reply to my texts, made me worried sick, but were in bed with a hickey-covered neck by the time I woke up. I always knew." Yoongi was silent briefly, before replying once more. "If you've known all this time, why haven't you left me? Why would you stick around with me when you know you deserve better?" Jimin turned to face him then, eyes b with tears. "It's not that easy, I can't just leave. You're... you're my guy, you're the one. I couldn't just give up." Yoongi pulled him close and allowed Jimin to rest his head on his shoulder. They lay in that position until the quiet sobs of his partner turned into soft snores. "I told you," he whispered. "I told you I was trouble. You know that I'm no good."