chapter 01

One day I'll get you for that, Jungkook!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
chapter 01

"You're still a fetus."

 

 

"Go away." I told him; my voice dripping with annoyance. I breathed in and out, deeply, so I wouldn't lose my cool. He was annoying, so annoying. It made me want to lung at him and hit him. "Jungkook, if you do not move now, I will show you what I learned in my Muay Thai classes."

"Noona, I'm hungry. Make me something to eat." he whined, kicking his foot against the couch like a kid. Well, he was a kid. That boy couldn't even be classified as a man and I certainly couldn't understand how the girls in the school liked him. He was annoying, a smartass and additionally to that a child who depended too much on his older sister.

"Use your healthy feet to go to the kitchen and your healthy hands to make yourself food. You know exactly how to. And now go, I can't watch Healer when you're sitting in front of me." I mumbled aggressively and tried to peek over his shoulder but that brat slid to the right and concealed my view to the TV once again. I glanced up to him; my eyes radiating with fury. He always did that and it got the best out of me. I already missed the original episode and was now watching the re-run but now Jungkook came to annoy the hell out of me and that meant that I couldn't watch anything at all.

Jungkook didn't flinch when he saw me looking at him like that. He just curled his lips again into a what would be a pout and nudged me with his foot. I recoiled in disgust. I hated it when he touched me with his stinky feet. At least he wore socks.

"Noona, mom said you should feed me. Besides my looks are better than of that Cook-guy, so stop looking at him and start paying attention to your actual brother."

"His name is Ji Chang Wook!" I felt ready to kill because we both, he and I, knew that he was capable of cooking. No wonder, he was already perfect in everything. If the girls in school just knew how he acted at home...I sighed defeated and stood up. I knew he wouldn't back down until I will make him food. So I trotted sluggishly to the kitchen; peeking over my shoulder. "You coming, brat?"

And that was when he smiled brightly; this bunny smile with his two front teeth sticking out. Some poeple said Oh look, what a cute smile he has but I seemed to be the only one who saw the smug twitch in his face when I backed down. I rubbed my temples. Oh boy, why did I get him as my brother?

"I wanna eat lamb kebab." Jungkook told you carelessly and plopped onto the chair in the kitchen. He wasn't paying attention, instead he was playing with his phone; biting his lips in concentration. I whirled around, dumbfounded, and stared at him. I just heard sounds of a piano and knew he was playing this stupid game again. What was it called again? Piano Tiles?  "Lamb?!"

Jungkook didn't answer, instead he yelled out when his phone froze on him and let him "die". He loved his games and it gave me satisfaction to see him losing since he practically never lost. I didn't know what was wrong with that boy. He hated to lose and was besides our dad the only family member who liked competition. "Jungkook!"

His head snapped to me and his brows furrowed confused when he saw me standing in front of him, hands on my hips and glaring. "You still didn't cook? What are you waiting for?"

My eyebrows twitched in annoyance. He was too much. Due to his disrespectful tone of voice, I lunged at him and hit the back of his head. "Yah! I'm not your servant! Quit that before I won't make you food anymore!"

Jungkook whined and let his phone fall on the table. Immediately his hands wandered to the back of his head to massage it. "Noona~"

I kept glaring at him and tapped my foot on the floor to show my annoyance. He sighed and kept rubbing the spot I hit him, tilting his head and smiling cutely. Or better: trying to smile cutely. "Sorry."

Yeah, sorry my . I huffed and rolled my eyes at him. He knew that his aegyo got me to do things I didn't want to. But I couldn't help myself. He reminded me of little 4-year-old Kookie. And little 4-year-old-Kookie was too cute to say no to. That was why I turned around and fetched the lamb from the freezer to roast it.

I heard a cheer at the back and following to that childish cheer was a quick peck at the back of my head. "Thanks, Noona! You're the best!"

And even though that rascal did annoy me the whole time, a smile spread out on my face. But then I heard yelling voices and gunshots. I whirled around immediately.

"JEON JUNGKOOK, DON'T YOU DARE CHANGING THE CHANNEL!"

 

 

I sat in front of the TV, but this time not because I was watching something on TV, but because I was kneeling in front of the coffee table with my homework spread out in front of me. I was a senior and thus needed to put extra effort in school to get good grades. I was actually successful in doing so but this time I had problems with the subject history. I didn't see any connections between the dates that was why I got extremely stressed and confused and eventually also turned angry.

"Why do I have to know what happend in 1933? Why do I have to know what factors led to Hitler's seizure of power?" I whined frustrated and slammed my head onto the table. "Why..."

"...is..." My head met the table again.

"...this..." I think a red spot formed on my forehead.

"...so..." Was the red spot getting bigger?

"...damn..." I banged my head against the table once again.

"...important?" Ow! This one actually hurt. I winced and got sluggishly up, meanwhile rubbing the forming bump on my forehead. Maybe I shouldn't have done this. It was not a good idea whatsoever. I pouted and leaned forward, read through the facts again, trying to concentrate.

I failed because I suddenly heard a voice behind me. Deep and warm; embracing me like how water surrounded a body."Hi."

My eyes widened immediately and my breath hitched. I felt like I couldn't breathe properly and shook my head slightly to get back to the real world. My heart increased its speed immediately and I clutched the pencil harder until my knuckles turned white. That couldn't be. Oh, lord, please tell me, he didn't see the whole thing. Areum, don't you dare turn around or else he sees you gaping like a fish.

But I knew that my body didn't listen. It never did. The urge to catch a glimpse of his beauty was too strong, that's why I turned around slightly. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw him standing at the threshold, leaning against the door frame. His dark eyes watched my back and his lips were slightly pulled up, showing cute teeths. His hair was tousled and I felt a blush creeping up my face and heating it up. I probably looked like a tomato.

My heart was beating like crazy and my mouth had gone dry. I didn't dare to say anything in case I stuttered or my voice cracked. But on the same time I didn't want to be rude so I just waved shortly and quickly turned back to my homwork. My heart skipped a beat and I blushed some more because of the embarrassement I felt.

"Don't even try, Hyung. She won't answer you." I heard Jungkook say, nonchalant about my behaviour. And then I heard clothing shuffling. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jungkook tugging on Taehyung's sleeves, pulling him upstairs. Before he fully disappeard from my vision, Taehyung shot me a toothy grin and he waved with his free hand. Immediately, my cheeks flushed some more.

"See you next time, Areum!" his deep loud voice vibrated through the livingroom and sent chills through my body. My hand clutched at the fabric of my blouse, right where my heart was erratically beating.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter