End.

Reminisce
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A sigh escaped from Hakyeon's soft lips as he throw away his phone and lay flat on his bed. The phone's screen show comment on Hakyeon on every SNS, most of them are good criticism, or how precious he is to the fans and some of it are just butthurt comments about him and VIXX in general. But there are the redundant comments saying "I miss the old Hakyeon, can we go back to 2012-2013 please?" which made Hakyeon puzzled.

 

"What am I back then? Did I changed a lot?" he asked himself.

 

He tried to brush it off and sleep but as he closes his eyes he can see himself meeting Taekwoon. It was their first meeting. Hakyeon giving his infamous sweet warm bright smile to Taekwoon and ask him to do splits for warm-up while the latter gave him an expressionless face. Hakyeon chuckled at the memory. "Out of all the warm-up exercises, why splits? Seriously, Cha Hakyeon?" he murmured.

 

He remembers the tension, fear and anxiousness when the day of elimination for MyDol comes, then feeling perturbed when a friend got eliminated. He remember Sanghyuk being a scaredy-cat to Taekwoon back then, but now the kid is just uncontrollable. Hakyeon smiled.

 

Times pass by and they debuted by the name VIXX which stands for Voice, Visual, Value in Excelsis with a single named Superhero. Until now, Hakyeon is still searching for the connection of the song to their name. It's amusing for him. Then, they do some shows, too many to mention as their popularity rise during On and On promotions, earning them the "Concept-Dol" nickname. Hakyeon felt a sense of proud. Everything seems to be fine. After 3 and a half year of being VIXX's leader, he knows they still lack of many things but also he knows they've achieved halfway their goal. His smile got wider.

 

Then it hits him. He remember how clingy he is to Taekwoon, 'his life long friend'. His smile wither. He remember how he used to throw himself to Taekwoon and the latter will just not move as if he can't do anything about it or he will simply push the leader away. How he hugs him in public and the younger will have a blush on his cheeks and tries to hide his smile by bowing his head. Hakyeon thinks Taekwoon is cute everytime, in all things he do. His eyes teary.

 

"Reminiscing can be afflictive" A tear rolling on the side of his eyes and disappearing on his sideburns. That night, Hakyeon cried himself to sleep.

 

An alarm brought Hakyeon back to life. Idol-life. Another schedule, non stop dancing and practicing that makes his muscle worn out. He likes it. How he works hard for something he really loves. He stood up, ready to face the first challenge of the day; waking up the members.

 

He don't really have problems with Hyuk and Hongbin as the two can possibly wake up by their alarm, not needing the leader to wake them up. Hakyeon is thankful for that. He went to wake up Ravi first just to find him missing on his mattress. "Where's Wonshik?" he asked. "Studio. Finishing his tracks for his mixtape" said Hongbin with half-lidded eyes, still sleepy.

 

"Jaehwan, wake up" said Hakyeon with all the warm and soothing voice.

"You can't wake him up by your lullaby-like strategy" he heard a familar soft whisper-like voice in his back. He turned around and saw Taekwoon standi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter