Happy New Year

Happy New Year

YoungJae sighed as he watched another colorful firework go up into the sky. The ball had just dropped and it was officially a brand new year, you'd think he'd be celebrating like the rest of his family and friends that had attended their annual end of the year party, but he wasn't. The second couples started kissing, he silently made his break for the front porch. He knew he would't be alone for long, but he wanted to at least get a few seconds by himself.

As if on cue, YoungJae heard the front door open and he knew who was joining him even befor he spoke. "YoungJae-yah, I brought you some sparkling cider". YoungJae scooted over so the boy could join him on the top step. He gave his best friend a sad smile as he took his drink. "Thanks Dae". The boy returned the gesture with a radiant one of his own. He noticed YoungJae's expression and lightly bumped his shoulder.

"What's wrong Jae? It's a new year, you should be celebrating or making a resolution, or something like that". "Yeah, I know. I just can't help but be sad. It happened yet again". "What happened again"? YoungJae avoided looking at DaeHyun and instead looked down at his drink. "Me being alone on New Year's. I was hoping to at least get a kiss this year". 

YoungJae felt his ears get hot as DaeHyun giggled. "Is that all? You know, if you want a kiss, all you have to do is ask. I'll gladly do it YoungJae". YoungJae's cheeks soon matched his ears as he finally directed his attention at DaeHyun. "Have you lost it?!!! Besides, even if you did kiss me now it wouldn't be a New Year's kiss". "Why wouldn't it be? It's a kiss into the new year, so wouldn't that make it a new year's kiss"? 

YoungJae cocked his head and looked very puzzled."Wait, what"? DaeHyun chuckled and set his drink to the side. "Just shut up and let me kiss you". YoungJae shyly looked down. "Okay".

 So that's exactly what DaeHyun did.


 

 

 

I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year! If you go out tonight, be careful and always drink responsibly.