Will you be mine?

My New Years Resolution Is You

Taehyung’s Pov.

 

 

    I’m running out of options here! I just don’t know what to do anymore! The years almost over and I still have one resolution left! For those of you who don’t know, for as long as I can remember every year I would make resolutions and challenge myself to complete all of them. So far I’ve never failed, the secret is that I would always make sure that my resolutions were achievable. But last year I got a little too daring, and made one of my resolution the make my long-time crush finally mine. Well here I am at the end of the year, and I’m no closer to making him mine then I was at the beginning of the year.

 

“Hey!! are you even listening to me!!” Namjoon yells at me. “Huh, oh sorry, I just got a little lost in thought” I said. He laughed a little before saying “Right a little. Were you thinking of little Jungkookie again.” I let out a dreamy sigh at the mention of his name before replying “Of course I was, it’s almost the end of the year and he still isn’t mine!”

 

“Oh right, about that I have something to tell you about him” Namjoon says. “What really!! What!?” I yell out not even bothering to hide my excitement and curiosity. “Well you know my boyfriend Seokjin, right? he asks. I nod my head up and down fast, eager to know what he has to say about my Kookie. “Well you know how he’s having a new year's eve party, right? Namjoon says, really testing my patience. “Yes” I stiffly reply. “Well you know how he thinks of Jungkook like his son, right? Namjoon says while I start planning out his death. “Yes of course I know this” I replied, my patience really being tested. Namjoon then says “Well you know how he’s only inviting close friends to the party, right?” “NAMJOON IF YOU DON’T GET TO THE POINT RIGHT NOW, SEOKJIN WILL JUST HAVE TO DEAL WITH BEING BOYFRIENDLESS” I yell having lost all my patience on the matter.

 

“Okay okay, calm down,” Namjoon says trying to look less scared than he really is. (and failing) I just give him a look that says, tell me now or you die. He gulps before saying “Seokjin invented Jungkook as well as you to his party.” “WHY COULDN’T YOU OF SAID THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE” I yelled at him. “Because I thought that I should cover all the other details first” Namjoon said trying to defend himself. But one look from me sent him running out of the cafe we were in.

 

But I really should be thanking him, because of the information I now have I know that I’ll get one final chance to make him mine. I’ve had many chances to ask Kookie out, but I was to much of a coward then. But now that I want him more than ever, I finally have the courage to ask him out. At least I hope that I do. The party is tomorrow, new years eve, my last day to make him mine before the year is over. I need to succeed, I just have too.

 


~At the party~

 

    What was I thinking, thinking that I had enough courage to ask Kookie out, I thought as I stood outside of Seokjin’s house. I take a deep breath before ringing the doorbell. But I should've taken a deeper one, as I was not prepared to see Kookie standing at the door. “Oh Taehyung hyung, you're finally here! Jungkookie said looking excited. “Yep, here I am, sorry I’m late.” I say to him. “Well, for one your not even that late, and two, it’s Seokjin you should apologize to, he was the one ranting about you not being here yet. But you might want to save that apology for later.” Jungkookie says before letting me in.

 

I only understood what he meant when I walked in and saw Namjoon and Seokjin making out in a corner. After I got over my brief shock I turned around only to see that Kookie had disappeared. It was probably for the best, seeing as I didn’t have enough courage to ask him out yet.

 

But with only hours before the new year starts, I’ll have to do it soon. But before I can think of any plans to ask him out, a pair of arms throw themself around my shoulders. “You're here, it’s about time” Seokjin nags at me. “Oh please I’m only like, what ten minutes late” I say back to Seokjin. In return he only frowns at me and says “So, in the future you’ll be in big trouble if you ten minutes late to your wedding. I’m only helping to prepare you for then" before unwrapping his arms from around me. I turn to face him before saying “Even if I am late to my wedding, whoever I’m marring will forgive me because they love me.”

 

“Okay true, but they’ll never let you live it down. It’ll be the ultimate blackmail” Seokjin says. I sigh in defeat before saying “Okay fine, you win, I’m sorry for being late to your party, next time I’ll be sure to be early. Is there anything else you want to tell me?" “Nope, just enjoy the party. Now if you excuse me, I was doing something before this” Seokjin says before walking away.

 

I cringe a little thinking about what they'll be doing later tonight. I decide to distract myself by looking for my sweet Kookie. But I start to feel anger boiling inside of me when I finally find him. He’s talking to Jimin, one of the biggest playboys in our school. Besides that, everyone knows that he has a thing for my Kookie. I clench my fist as I see that they appear to be having a pleasant conversation, by the way they both had smiles on their faces and were laughing.

 

I decided that for now I should go and socialize with other people, and think of a plan on how to ask Kookie to be mine. Anything to get my mind off Jimin and Jungkookie talking together.

 


~A Few Hours Later~

 

It took awhile, but I finally did it, I came up with the perfect plan to ask Jungkookie to be mine. It has to work, it’s so crazy, so extreme, that he just has to say yes. I grin before looking at the clock, a little over an hour before midnight. I guess It’s now or never to start my plan, but as I look around I can’t seem to find him. I look over to Jimin to see if he’s still talking to him, but he’s not, instead Jimins flirting with some poor girl.

 

I consider asking Seokjin, but then I remember that he and Namjoon disappeared a while ago. I was frantically searching the house, but their was no sign of him anywhere. Had he left? Was he with someone else? What had happened to that boy? I sighed before I continued searching. Was this going to be my first year not completing all of my resolutions? I looked up at the clock and saw that there was only thirty minutes left. I sighed in defeat, realizing that he must of left early.

 

While everyone goes out to the front yard (except for Seokjin and Namjoon) I decided to go to the roof, not wanting to be with everyone when it becomes midnight and everyone starts kissing, and reminding me of what I don’t have. But to my surprise I found someone else on the roof, after studying the figure I little more I realize that it's Jungkookie, and that he’s crying.

 


~Flashback A Few Hours Ago~

 

Jungkook’s Pov.

 

 

    Yes!! Taehyung showed up. I’m happy Seokjin let me answer the door. Because of it I got to talk to Taehyung a little bit. It’s a shame we don’t really talk much, I have the biggest crush on him. So much that I can’t even count all the times I’ve caught myself staring at him.

 

Speaking of starring, I’m doing It right now, and I don’t like what I see. It’s Seokjin hugging TaeTae from behind, even though I know that Seokjin doesn’t have any romantic feelings for him, I can’t help but feel a little bit jealous about the fact that he’s not with me.

 

“Hey Kookie, nice to see you here” Jimin says. Normally I’d be disgusted with Jimin talking to me, but right now I need a distraction from my jealousy. “Hey Jimin, I didn’t think I’d see you here. Not after Namjoon nearly killed you for flirting with Seokjin” I said. He gave me a big smile, happy that I was actually talking to him, and said “I’ve made peace with him, just like I’m hoping to with you.”

 

“With me? But you haven’t done anything to me” I said a little confused. “It’s for always flirting with you. From now on I’m not just going to treat you like everyone else, I’m going to treat you special in order to win your heart and make you mine” Jimin replied. I almost cringed at how smooth his words were. They would of had more of an effect on me if my heart had not already been stolen by TaeTae hyung.

 

“That's nice but don’t think that you’ll be able to steal my heart that easily” I said leaving out the part that it already belonged to someone else. Jimin just chuckled a little before saying “I never thought that It would be easy. You're a very special person, one that I want really bad, and I'm willing to put the effort in to get you.”

 

After that we talked a little more, I think there's a chance we might become friends, but nothing more. But after a while we had nothing else to talk about and he went to go flirt with other girls. I look at the clock and see that theres still two hour before midnight. I decide to go find TaeTae, in hopes that we could talk.

 

But after a while of looking around I find him. He’s talking to Hoseok, I know I shouldn’t feel this jealous, after all they are close friends. But I can’t help it, I recently found out that Hoseok has a crush on TaeTae, and the way that they were close to each other I assume that Hoseok has confessed to Taehyung and now they were a thing. It broke my heart to think of them being together, so much so that I decided that I needed to be alone. I knew the perfect place too, the roof.

 


~End of Flashback~

 

Taehyung’s Pov.

 

 

    It broke my heart to hear my little Jungkookies quiet sobs. “Hey, are you okay?” I asked. He turned around with a surprised look on his face. “Why aren’t you down there with everyone else?” Kookie asked me. “I didn’t want to be around all those couple when it becomes midnight” I answer him honestly. “But what about your boyfriend, Hoseok?” Kookie asked me.

 

“What? I’m not with him, he’s my friend, you're the one I want” I blurt out. His eyes widen before saying “You do?” I then respond saying “Yes I do, and I have for a while.” I then close my eyes not wanting to see his reaction. But after a few seconds of silence I feel something hug me. I open my eyes and see that it was Kookie hugging my before he said “I’m so happy that you like me too.”

 

“Wait are you saying that you like me?” I asked, mentally praying that he liked me. “Well I’m not saying I hate you.” Jungkookie said with a teasing smile. I couldn’t believe that my crush actually liked me back, it was to good to be true. I smiled really big before picking him up and spinning him around a few times. I then set him back down and pushed him back a little so I could see his face before saying “Jeon Jungkookie, would you do me the great honor of becoming mine.” He smiled widely before saying “It would be my honor to”

 

We spent the rest of the night cuddled up together watching the fireworks. It may not of been the way I wanted to confess, but it was perfect just the way it was. I smiled to myself, happy that my streak of completing all of my resolution would continue another year. Speaking of resolutions, I have a new one. To make Jungkookie mine forever, it might be a little too soon for that. But oh well, the earlier the better, right?

 

The End


I'm sorry that this is late. I wanted to post this on new year's eve, but I was busier then I thought I would be, so I hope that It's okay if I post this now. But anyway thank you for reading. I would like it if you commented on how I did, I'm trying to improve my writing. Thank you. :)