Fighting Parents

Fighting Parents - Jin

You two are cuddling on your bed, when your parents break out fighting downstairs, he puts headphones in your ears and holds you close until you flinch hearing something break downstairs, knowing your dad is throwing things, he holds you close and watches the door to make sure that nothing is going to happen. Hearing your father come up the stairs, the yelling is right outside of your door before he hits the wall and you whimper before it goes silent.

“Please don’t leave” You whisper, slightly shaking in his arms

“I’m not going anywhere tonight” He whispers kissing your head watching over you the rest of the night

Soft blankets tangled between your pair of legs, steady strong breaths moved your body slightly as you leaned against your boyfriend. His arms wrapped around your form, his arms overlaying yours as your thumbs scrolled through the music that you were playing softly.

“I like that song” Your boyfriend, Jin, would remark once and a while after some of the random songs you played. Tapping his foot to the beat of the songs he recognized or enjoyed.

“Let’s see if you like this one” You smiled up at him softly, his head leaning down to press a soft kiss on your forehead, your eyes closed as the song played. Your fingers brushing against his arms while he rocked you from side to side on the slower songs.

Picking up a chorus line here and there, he would softly hum it beckoning you to sing or hum along with him. Smiling, you usually harmonized with him unless he was singing, then you chose to sing with him.

Looking over your shoulder, he lifted up his hand and carefully chose a song as you let it play. Relaxing in his arms, you let your head lull to one side as an all too familiar sound was heard. Originating from downstairs, you focused in on the noise as you heard your father’s voice then your mother’s for a split second before your father’s voice yelled louder. Minutes passed as the yelling intensified and the tension in the air grew to be unbearable for you.

Shuddering slightly, you closed your eyes, gently nuzzling your head against Jin’s chest as you found his heartbeat. Focusing on the pumping of his heart, you your lips as you shifted slightly in his arms. Letting your phone fall from your grip, Jin’s arms slowly encased you and held you against himself as his hand slowly rubbed up and down your back slowly.

Hearing your parents yell at each other downstairs, you whimpered slightly hearing them get louder. Jin kissed your head lovingly before his eyes spotted your headphones. Leaning over and grasping them, he brought them over and slid them over your ears. Pushing the jack into your phone, he tapped a few buttons before he found a playlist of yours he thought would cheer you up.

Tapping the first song and putting it on shuffle, he pulled the blanket up on you a little higher as he rubbed your back and watched your facial expression slowly relax. Rocking you a little from side to side, your grasp slowly loosened on his shirt as your fingers began brushing against his side.

Caving his shoulders around you, his head rested on yours as you lifted one hand to his chest, feeling the beating of his heart increase, you looked up at him as he gave you a small smile. However something caught him off guard and snapped his eyes up to the door.

Sitting up slightly, you pulled the headphones down from your ears before you peered in the direction he was looking. His eyes turned back to yours.

“Keep these on” He whispered, lifting the headphones back over your ears, knowing that your parents fight at least once a week and their spells of yelling have taken a major toll on you and your emotions.

“What about you?” You searched his eyes with yours as he lifted his hand up to your cheek, brushing over it lovingly.

“I’ll be fine, you need it more than I do” He told you as he started up the music again, letting you rest in his arms once more.

After a few songs, you didn’t hear the blur of voices downstairs. Pulling off the headphones, you looked up at Jin as he tucked some fallen hair behind your ear.

“I think they are done for tonight” He gave you a small smile as you nodded and relaxed in his arms, letting your eyes close.

“I’m sorry, you don’t have to stay if you don’t want to listen to them” You whispered, feeling his chest rise and fall with every breath he took.

“It’s okay, I’ll stay.” He told you, playing with the ends of your hair, twirling them around his fingers loosely.

Just then they erupted again, sounding louder than before, Jin instinctively tightened his arms around you. Lifting the blanket up on you, he held you with one arm as his other hand covered your ear, causing your other ear to press against his chest. Snaking your arms around his torso, your fingers gripped his shirt as you heard some of the comments your parents were yelling about.

“It’s okay” Jin whispered repeatedly, feeling your body tense as he wrapped his legs around yours as you curled against his body.

The yelling intensified as tears sharply stung your eyes, whimpering softly, your breathing was erratic and uneven. Suddenly, the air went silent as he ran his fingers through your hair slowly to try and calm you down.

“I’m scared” You whispered as you gripped the fabric of his shirt tighter.

“Why?” Jin whispered, fear widening his eyes as he peered down at you. Waiting just a moment longer, you heard something slam against something and then something else crash and shatter downstairs causing Jin to jump.

“He’s throwing things.. again” You whispered as he held your body tighter against his.

“He won’t come up here” Jin whispered protectively as his fingers gently tangled in your hair slowly. Holding you tightly against his body, he felt your scared heart. A few more things crashed to the ground, each one getting louder after the last.

“Make it stop… please…” You whispered into his shirt, scared tears rolling down your cheeks as he moved his arms around you, trying to help you feel protected and safe in his arms while the war raged on downstairs.

Hearing a few more things crash, Jin closed his eyes, pulling your body closer to his than before, his legs wrapped around yours as worried hums came from your lips, your fingers gathering more fabric of his shirt into his hands. The home went silent, Jin opened his eyes slowly while he lifted his head to see if your parents were done for the night.

Loud, heavy footsteps sounded up the hallow stairs as you sat up slightly, turning your eyes to the door as you shook your head gently, your teeth biting down on your lower lip in terror.

“He isn’t done yet” You whispered hearing the footsteps grow louder with each step. Something hit your door as you jumped into his arms and closed your eyes, your body shaking between his arms.

“He isn’t going to get you, I promise” Jin whispered with a shaking voice began to ready himself for a fight in necessary as your parents moved to yell in front of your door. Watching it play out in your memory, Jin just continued to hold you and cover your ears not knowing what more he could do for you.

The yelling got the loudest it had ever gotten before it ended with footsteps running two different directions, a slam of the door echoed through the halls as your body tensed in his arms.

Jin sighed a breath of relief as he carefully gazed down at your form resting on him.

“Hey, everything is okay” He rubbed your back as he slowly slid his fingers through your hair, tucking strands behind your ear just to run his thumb over your cheek again. Nodding your head slowly, you felt all of your emotions swell up in your chest as the pain suddenly spilled from your eyes.

“It’s okay sweetie” He whispered, holding you closer as your tears slowly started to turn into sobs that shook your body.

Waiting your emotions out, he rocked you from side to side until your tears subsided and your body settled in his arms, slowly relaxing.

“I’m s-s-sorry” You whispered softly as you started to pull away from him, feeling as though you are a burden unto him.

“Don’t be, it wasn’t your fault” He let you do what you need to as you sat up, his hands running down your arms as your eyes didn’t meet his. Brushing away your fallen tears, he tilts his head lovingly trying to understand.

“Thank you for staying” You lifted your eyes to meet his as his lips slowly formed into a warm and loving smile.

“No problem” He opened his arms to you, crawling back into his arms, you kissed his cheek softly as you settled back in his arms.

The quiet night slowly enclosed around you, Jin and you talked for the rest of the night, jokes naturally flowed from his mouth making you laugh and dry your tears. Exhaustion soon took over as you snuggled into his warm and welcoming chest, pushing away your hair slowly, he kissed your forehead making sure that you fell asleep with a smile on your face.

“Goodnight my love” He whispered before turning off the lamp and closing his eyes falling asleep after you.