Final

Sica and Her Seobang

Yuri looked up from her desk and instantly panicked.

    Oh please… not her... why is she here?

    “Hi!” Jessica brightly greeted.

    “Y-yeah… can I help you?” Yuri timidly responded. It wasn’t everyday that someone went out of their way to communicate with the school’s biggest outcast. The students often let Yuri be, she just kept to herself, no one bothered to acknowledge her existence. Which is how Yuri liked it.

    “Well, the teacher said that we’re partners for our project, so I was wondering if I could get your number,” Yuri pulled out her earphones, clearly missing the part where her teacher was assigning partners for a supposed project. She deeply hated school, with a burning passion. Yuri was diagnosed with severe social anxiety at the age of 5, and has since then never had a friend. Well, at least a friend that went to her school. She had plenty of internet friends since she spent most of her time gaming. Those are the friends that kept her grounded and sane. She didn’t need to converse with anyone from school, it’d just be a waste of time. Though, something strange started happening to Yuri around middle school. She started developing a crush. On none other than the school’s most beloved and popular student, Jessica Jung. She figured it was just her stupid 12 year old hormones acting up, and that it’d pass soon. This is the excuse Yuri has used for 4 years. Even in 11th grade, Yuri still feels infatuated with the school’s number one beauty, butterflies filling her stomach every time she glances at her. But she tries to bury these feelings, since nothing will come out of them anyway.

    “Uh yeah sure… here,” she handed her a piece of paper with her number scribbled on it.

    “Great! I’ll text you later with ideas for our project,” and with that, Jessica cheerily walked back to her desk, slightly flushed. Without wasting time, she created a contact for Yuri and decided to use her secret nickname for her.

    Seobang♥♥

    She giggled like a little girl, slightly embarrassed at the endearing nickname. Jessica had been crushing on Kwon Yuri since the 5th grade. Well maybe at this point it’s a little bit more than just a crush. But how could she not? Yuri is way too attractive, and she wonders how other people don’t see what she sees. It started in gym class, she could see the passion Yuri put into each activity they did, how hard she tried to win. She figured that Yuri must be into exercising, and boy, did she discover that she’s quite into exercising. It was summer before 10th grade that Jessica spotted Yuri on the beach with her family, suntanning. She was shocked to see the well-toned abs that Yuri was hiding under her baggy hoodies. Since that day, Jessica hadn’t felt the same and developed a deeper, romance-and-lust-filled attraction for the supposed loner.

    Of course Jessica thought she was weird; that this wasn’t normal. To try to suppress her sapphic feelings, she resorted to dating all sorts of boys throughout middle school and high school. Recently, though, she gave up on boys. There was no point. Kwon Yuri had already stolen her heart. From just the little things she does, like looking out the window during class, or getting the best grade amongst the students, Jessica had fallen deeper and deeper. In her head she had started calling Yuri “seobang,” which is just an archaic way of saying “husband.” She’s not sure why the nickname had come to mind, but she thought it suited the girl.

    So here Jessica was, lying in her bed with her seobang’s phone number. She finally gathered the courage to text her.

Jessica: Hey! This is Kwon Yuri right?

Yuri: yeah. jessica jung?

Jessica: Yep! So, I was thinking, we should meet up at my house for this project. I wanna go all out and do a diorama cuz my history grade isn’t the greatest right now lol.

What?! She wants me to go to her house… just my freakin' luck!

Yuri: uhh sure, thats fine. should i bring anything?

Jessica: Nope, I got everything. Just bring ur smart brain. :)

Yuri: um ok.. whats your address

    Jessica gave her address as well as further details on their project. She couldn’t believe Kwon Yuri would be at her house on Saturday. She was planning to relieve her poor little heart and finally confess to her long-time crush.

    Saturday had come, and Yuri was definitely freaking out. What should she wear? Her usual hoodie and jeans or maybe something a little more attractive like a leather jacket, or what if she wanted to shock Jessica and wear a dress? What does her house look like? Will they be alone? Will she be in Jessica’s bedroom?  It was far too overwhelming for the anxious Yuri and she was on the verge of calling it quits. But, she then took a deep breath.

    If I don’t do this… I’ll regret it for the rest of my life. You got this Yul.

    Yuri finally pulls up into Jessica’s driveway, feeling restless and awkward. She notices that there’s no other cars in the driveway and her heart rate picks up. After giving herself another internal pep talk for 10 minutes, she decides to ring her doorbell.

    “Hey…”

    “Hi! I saw you pull up like 15 minutes ago, what were you doing?” Jessica laughs.

    “Umm… I was cleaning my car, I noticed it was kinda messy… I guess,” Yuri quickly made up some stupid excuse, she felt like she was dying on the inside.

    “Oh okay? Well come in, I’ve got supplies ready and everything!” Yuri thought it was pretty strange that an 11th grader wanted to do a diorama, but she already figured that Jessica Jung herself was strange. In an adorable way. Yuri sat at Jessica’s dining room table, cardboard and other school supplies scattered upon it. Yuri looked around her home in awe. It was probably the biggest house she had ever been in, making her feel even more intimidated.

    “Do you want anything to drink? I’ve got lemonade and stuff.”

    “Nah, I’m fine,” Jessica then pulled up a chair next to Yuri’s, sitting a little too close for comfort. The latter instantly blushed when the scent of Jessica’s perfume hit her nose. She was bad enough when it came to dealing with people, but when it comes to her crush it’s like her senses go into overdrive and she can barely function. Yuri moves her chair away, a little bit too obviously.

    “What? Do I smell or something?” Jessica jokes.

    “Yes… but in a good way. I-I mean you smell nice,” Yuri was surprised by her own words — did she actually compliment Jessica Jung? Jessica moves her chair closer again.

    “Well, then it shouldn’t be a problem if I sit near you, right?” Jessica beams.

    “But Sica, I can’t concentrate well.”

    “Sica?”

    “Sorry… Jessica is too hard to pronounce.”

    “No, I like it, it’s cute. But why can’t you concentrate?” Yuri hesitates. What is she supposed to say? Should she just be honest about her feelings?

    “I umm… pretty girls… are distracting.” Yuri mentally facepalmed. Did she really just say that?

    Oh my god I sound like a 12 year old boy!

    Jessica cutely giggled and moved closer in the process.

    “Yeah I agree… must be why I’m not doing well in history.”

    “What do you mean?”

    “I mean you’re distracting me in class.”

    “You… you think I’m p-pretty?” Yuri squeaked out. She was definitely not used to people complimenting her.

    “I’d say pretty is an understatement. You’re the most gorgeous girl I’ve ever seen,” Yuri could feel the temperature of her cheeks soar, she probably looked like a tomato at this point.

    “W-what? Are you blind... “ the younger girl was at a loss for words. Why was Jessica Jung so boldly flirting with her? She didn’t realize that Jessica’s face was a mere inches away.

    “If I’m blind, then you’re deaf. I said you’re the most gorgeous—”
    “Er— yeah I got that the first time… please spare my heart” Yuri muttered the latter part.

    “What’s that?”

    “Nothing! We should really—” Yuri’s sentence trailed off as she stared into Jessica’s eyes. She felt as though she could stare into her deep, brown eyes for hours.

    “Y’know,” Jessica began, “to be honest, I’ve liked you for a really long time, Yuri. I don’t even think ‘like’ is the right word for it… I’ve never felt this way for anyone ever before.” Yuri gave her an extremely puzzled look.

    IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING RIGHT NOW!!!

    “Uhh- umm. Well.... err—” Along with Yuri’s ability to think, her ability to speak was shutting down. This was too much for her. It didn’t make sense.

    Why would Korea’s most beautiful girl like a loser like me?

    Without giving her much time to think, Jessica softly pressed her lips against Yuri’s. The latter couldn’t help but release a small noise buried in — this was her first kiss after all and she was instantly flooded with emotions. And it was incredible. Suddenly, it felt like everything made sense to Yuri. This is the sensation she’s been craving for all these years. She knew in that moment that she was smitten for the older girl. So, Yuri just closed her eyes and enjoyed the ride.

    Their lips melded perfectly together, heads moving in sync. Jessica had put her hands behind Yuri’s neck to feel more of her crush. She wanted to savour this moment forever. After kissing for what felt like an eternity but was actually 30 seconds, Yuri jerked back.

    “Oh my god that was amazing! I mean, I liked that. I’ve never actually kissed someone before so I didn’t have any prior experience and I didn’t know what to do, like where do I put my hands? And I hope my breath didn’t smell too bad but I made sure to brush my teeth—”

    “Seobang! It’s okay calm down. You were great,” Jessica winked.

    “S-seobang? Why seobang?”

    “I don’t know, but isn’t it kinda cute?” Jessica giggled.

    “But I’m a girl…”

    “I know, but you’re so handsome! And pretty… just overall… really attractive,” Jessica got lost in Yuri’s eyes again. Yuri nervously laughed.

    “Heh… okay… seobang it is,” the tan girl was confused at what to do now. She remembered that she hasn’t told Jessica how she feels. “Sica… I l-like you too… you’re the first and only person I’ve liked. I don’t know what to do!” Yuri suddenly started hyperventilating at the realization of what was occurring. It still didn’t make sense.

    “Seobang! Kwon Yul, calm down. You don’t have to worry. Maybe we should start off as girlfriends,” Yuri looked up.

    “Yeah, I’d like that,” she leaned back and buried her face in her hands. “I can’t believe Jessica Jung is my girlfriend,” she muttered. Jessica laughed at her cute antics and removed her hands. She gave Yuri a sweet peck on the lips while they stared at each other, smiling like idiots.

    “You should wear stuff like this more often, you look really hot,” Jessica grabbed the collar of Yuri’s leather jacket and her lips.

    “W-we should get started on that project now!” Jessica laughed and threw her arm around her girlfriend’s shoulder. Thankfully, the day went as planned.

 


 

A/N: Woooo second fanfic. Still not used to this whole fiction thing. Hope it’s okay, though!