One - The Meeting

Sunshine, There You Are!

Chapter One

The chimes of dainty golden bells above the door greet Park Chanyeol the moment he pushes it open. The man in charge sitting behind the receptionist desk offers him a kind –and every bit of it, angelic— smile and a greeting. He was a fair-skinned man with polite gestures and lithe posture, the white shirt he’s wearing has seen better days judging from the color bordering ivory in some parts of it. His eyes crinkle on the corner when he smiles and create somewhat wisdom creases on the sides of his face.

“Welcome to Rays!” he says, obligatory.

Chanyeol, already fumbling with yes or no consistent battle inside his head and a thread away from turning his back and running back to his car, can’t help but to return the smile. He loosens the knitted scarf around his neck while removing the gloves from his hands as he makes his way towards the man behind the desk, tucking them inside the coat’s pocket.

“Hello.” He greets, trying to act as normal as possible. As normal as people who want to adopt a hybrid will behave. But how one knows how it’s supposed to be? Chanyeol is left wondering on how he should manage his expressions so it’s not giving off the wrong first impressions. He had gelled his hair this morning, leaving his forehead bare and forming a nice shape that makes him look professional, capable, and well, not to mention dashing.

His red long coat was draped casually over some cashmere grey turtleneck that hugs his well toned body quite deliciously. His scarf is black, donning his neck in two loops. He had spent his wee hours worrying about what outfit will fit his purpose today, only to be panicking inside his head the moment he steps into this building –feeling slightly out of place and dresses too much to impress. He’s not usually this fancy.

“How may I help you?” the smiling receptionist asks him, patient.

“I…” Chanyeol clears his throat. “I want to adopt.” Fingers laced and placed on the table. “A hybrid, yeah. “ there, he said it.

“Sure! May I see your ID, sir?” his right hand extending as his left hand rummaging the cabinet beside him. He puts a catalogue in front of Chanyeol in exchange to his ID. “This is our catalogue; updated every six months, the latest update was 2 months ago. Please enjoy, sir. You might want to sit down right there while I process your ID.” He points at a sofa on the corner of the room. Chanyeol tentatively picks up the catalogue and nods; feeling a bit overwhelmed walking to sit and starts looking through a hybrid catalogue.

To say it’s a nerve-wracking experience for him won’t be too overrated. He’s going to adopt, purchase, or whatever one may call it – a hybrid. The creatures known for their unique genes; appear to be almost perfectly humans but sporting ears and tails of some specific mammals such as feline groups and other furry animals, -- bears, rabbits, some people even reported they have rodent hybrids. History of their first appearance aside, nowadays they are widely spread in the world; living as different kind of parts of society.

To say the least, not every hybrids have the chance to live the equally respected ways of human’s life, not all of them are lucky enough to have humans to take care and protect them. The jobs offered to them are quite… degrading in some parts of the town. Their intelligence is not something to be brag about, and they often have tempers and traits that resemble their animal side. That’s also probably the reason why they’re still regarded as second importance, less significant, submissive, and looked down upon. Moreover with the way they’re traded and purchased from the Hybrid House like this….

Park Chanyeol skims his eyes across the pages of the catalogue, ranging from females to males, variants of animal hybrids, showing details of their age, origins and basic physical measurements. It doesn’t take that long for him to reach the end of the book, since there’re only about thirty hybrids in stock, several of them were already stamped as “adopted”. Once he chooses a hybrid, he or she will decide whether to accept or decline the adoption proposal. It’s the least the government can do to prevent hybrids from being taken away from their House without consent.  Chanyeol only hopes his choice of hybrid won’t be too docile to him today.

 

☀☀☀☀☀

Chanyeol follows the receptionist, --Suho, he learned just now--, to the long corridor of the House. He stops in front of a door identical to every other door in there, knocks twice, and calls out.

“Kyungsoo, your guest is here! Open the door, please.”

Chanyeol heart thumps inside his ribcage. He feels his blood rushes, speeding up in synchronized rhythm with the wild beatings of his heart. The seconds seem to drag on and on while he’s waiting for the door to open—

--- To reveal the most captivating eyes he’s ever seen in his entire life. They blink once and Chanyeol feels like there’s a blanket of warm cocoon surrounding him, what is this feeling?

Kyungsoo heaves a sigh, praying to calm himself, and deliberately opens the door as slow as possible. He’s almost afraid, partly skeptical, but honestly also quite hopeful to meet another man who’s going to propose him. It’s been a year after he’s coming of age and he doesn’t like to brag, but he’s been visited by men and women plenty of times; the amount almost double from average visits of a hybrid in a year. However, it seems like he’s such a picky, difficult, closed off, and violent little thing that no visitors succeed bringing him home. His picture on the catalogue surely arouses curiosity amongst many humans, but meeting him can be a totally different case.

The door opens just slightly and he peeks to see Suho and a man, a very tall man. The man looks at him as if seeing a hybrid for the first time. He has his mouth opens, finely sculpted jaw lowering and his eyes widens upon meeting his eyes. Not something he’s not used to with. Although he has to admit that this man is better looking than most. And what is this perfume he’s wearing? Smells so good. His thoughts stray for a moment because of the wafting aroma. When he comes to, he blinks and chants inside his head, Please, don’t let it be another stuttering mess. He merely stares at the man wearing the long coat as he opens the door wider, silently inviting Suho and the man to come inside his room.

“Please sit down, sir. Thank you, Suho. I think I’m good dealing it by myself from now.” Kyungsoo smiles at Suho, the calm one without showing his teeth. Suho looks at him worriedly, asking if he’s really okay without “guard”. Kyungsoo had experienced ual harassment from several men in this past year… he knocked off all of them, of course, -- he knows self defense afterall --, but Suho just wants to make sure he doesn’t have to be alone in the room, knowing it’ll increase the risk of being harassed like that.

After some more convincing, finally Suho excuses himself and leaves the room with the door slightly ajar. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and once again smelling the uncharacteristically familiar scent coming from the man. He shakes his head a little to clear his mind and turns around to sit across the man.

Here we go again….

The creature sitting in the dimly lit room across of him is, exquisite; Chanyeol wonders as his mind blanks, not knowing what to say because he really is nervous. Which is saying something because he’s the Park Chanyeol.

He has a neatly cut hair, short, and it’s framing his head just right. Two delicate cat ears sitting atop fluffy locks of black hairs twitching every now and then. The bushy tails swaying a bit, the color as pure as the first snow. The skin is glowing with healthy flush of reddish hue, the complexion fair and simply alluring. The eyes, though, Chanyeol can’t quite describe it. They are so clear and huge and beautiful. The exceptionally thick eyebrows compliment them even more.

And the lips! The pink shade is so natural and the shape is so prettily formed to be the most prominent features in his innocent face, beside his eyes. It was plump and full, but not too much. Everything about the hybrid boy in front of him tempts him so.

“Please, don’t do that for too long.” Chanyeol hears him speaking, watching in fascination as his lips move to utter the words; mesmerized.

“Sir?” he sounds half amused, half ashamed.

Chanyeol gulps and looks at his eyes, somewhat disoriented, registering what the boy had just said.

“I’m sorry. Do what?” he answers, a lost expression on his face.

“Staring at me with your mouth open. It’s getting a bit... uncomfortable.” The boy says apologetically, fiddling his fingers on his lap. He throws a small, hesitant smile at Chanyeol and he swears his breath was about to be taken away by the beautiful view.

“Oh.. Oh my God I’m so sorry! I didn’t mean to… I mean I was just trying to get to know you…” He scratches the back of his head, wetting his lips. “Ah... this is truly embarrassing.. my apologies, Kyungsoo-ssi.”

Kyungsoo’s eyes show a happy glint upon hearing his name. The smell of this man is getting more and more intoxicating and he doesn’t really know how to act around him too. The reaction he gets from the man was not extraordinary, humans tends to do that when the first time they meet him. But his body… he feels it’s heavily affected by this man’s presence.

He just announces his introduction, the name’s Park Chanyeol. He sniffs the smell. A musician. It’s becoming too sweet and too hard to resist. Live in this city. Kyungsoo feels shudders travelling through his spine as this Park Chanyeol man laughs quietly to himself.

Kyungsoo has heard about this. The imprinting phase. The chemical reactions bound to happen when hybrids meet humans that qualified as their genetically matched partner. It must be it. The soft purring sounds he’s unconsciously making, the buzz beneath his skin, making him warm all over; the urge to rub his scents and to smell him, to inhale as much as he can like a fish dying from the lack of water. He can feel the man’s heartbeats, hear it, and he wants to touch --

Before he registers what’s happening, there’s Suho yelling something in unrecognizable language and he just whines because he’s in so much comfort and happiness right now. Why is Suho even here? This place is so warm and safe…….. He purrs when there’s heavenly scratch on his neck before his mind is clouded with sleep and he gives in….

“So I sat on your lap?!! And rubbing may face all over your neck???!!!” Kyungsoo asks for the nth time, groaning again as he did so, bumping his forehead softly against Chanyeol’s car dashboard.

“You sure did. That’s cutest thing I’ve ever witnessed and experienced, live. No regrets!” Chanyeol guffaws, claps his hands on his lap as he drives away from the Rays Hybrid House.    

Kyungsoo is a manly hybrid! How could he do that to a stranger?!! He blames it all on his hybrid instinct. Ugh! And this man, Park Chanyeol! He can’t quite believe his destiny was written today. He’s finally found his human…

His heart is about to burst from happiness, and he feels just so relieved to meet him. After all the longing, the insecurities, and the uncertainties of his next day would be… He’s just thankful now that he’s apparently not incapable of imprinting. He just hasn't founf his human yet! Other hybrids are usually adopted within three to five months after their coming of age, while Kyungsoo needs almost more than a year because he refuses all the applicants sent to him before.

But no matter how content his heart right now, he can’t, and don’t really want to give it away from his face; so he just scowls and pouts (really, really cutely, in Chanyeol’s opinion).

“Stop calling me cute!!!!!!!!” he pushes Chanyeol’s hand from ruffling his hairs and playing with his ears (he likes it a lot, actually).

It’s surely going to be a long day of getting acquainted with a certain man named Park Chanyeol….  

a/n: hi! well there you go, chapter one! I hope I can continue updating their daily lives and how their relationship progress because I love chansoo and hybrid!Soo so much but there's too few stories about them :(((( I'm always worried about my grammar and meh, I can't write well but I just want to show my love for them. Please enjoy~~~