Present

Always with You

Sometime around 2030s. . . .

Kim Soo Jung has worked with many celebrities before for SBS's Healing Camp, but there was something special about this particular guest. Usually the guests are either taking a nap (if they are idols) or on their phones and or script (if they are actors or actresses). This particular guest was staring blankly while she fixed his hair and makeup. She would have tried to have small talk but she didn't have the guts to do so. She worked in silence while he didn't move, and she felt pity for him for what he went through. 

"You are ready to go," she said softly, breaking the silence. The 48 year old actor got out of his trance and thanked the makeup artist for her work. 

"It's okay. Somebody will get you for the recording," Soo Jung said. He simply watched as she got ready to leave. Before she got out of the door, she turned to see the man staring ahead with sad eyes. 

"Are you okay?" She startled him again, and suddenly she felt bad. "Have strength for today's recording. Fighting!" Kim Soo Jung left before she could make a fool out of herself again. 

The man was left by himself in the small room, and he knew he was rude to the makeup artist. But he didn't have the will to talk since it has been ten years since he had been on a talk show. A lot has happened in his life, and he knows that the host will ask questions that could open the darkest place in his mind. He vaguely remembers the last time he was on this show, where there were 500 people as the audience and MC along but with the main MC. Just the thoughts of questions from 500 strangers made his hands shake, and half of his mind was ready to drop everything and flee. 
 

"Kwang Soo ah," Yoo Jae Suk had opened the door and scared the actor. The Nation's MC had been hosting Healing Camp for a year now, Kwang Soo remembers. The younger man knew what his hyung would be thinking when he came into the room. 
 

"If you want, you can cancel it. I'll take care of it if you don't want to do the show," Jae Suk said, feeling extremely helpless by seeing the fear in the tall actor's eyes. 
 

"No hyung," the rational part of Kwang Soo said. "A lot of preparations has already been done, and it would be totally unprofessional to just leave. I have do this hyung." 
 

Jae Suk didn't tell that it looked like Kwang Soo was convincing himself rather, and wisely kept quiet while the two headed towards the stage. "I'll try to help whenever I can okay? If it's too much just tell me," Jae Suk says to the younger man, who nods in return. Jae Suk can't help but be worried about his dongsaeng, who looked paler than before. 
 

Kwang Soo could hardly remember what his hyung was talking about as all he could see was the light from the stage. He saw his hyung get on and start the recording. He took a deep breath, trying to keep his mind calm and took the step ahead when his name got called out.